• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

SCOTUS rules for Virus

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
They ruled in favor of the constitution. Have you heard of it. Good read. Try it some time.
100 years ago, our SCOTUS knew how to rule in a pandemic. Today's SCOTUS cons have shit for brains.

While this global situation is new to most Americans, pandemics used to be much more commonplace. The last one was the Spanish Flu outbreak in 1918, which resulted in our Constitution being tested by local and state regulations. And throughout our nation’s history the court has issued multiple rulings that have established legal precedent when it comes to distancing and quarantine methods.

One such case was Jacobson v. Massachusetts in 1905. A man named Henning Jacobson wanted to refuse a smallpox vaccine and maintained he had the legal right to do so.

However, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the state, stating that “a community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic of disease which threatens the safety of its members.”

How The Constitution Gets Tested In Times Of Crisis, Like A Pandemic – Houston Public Media

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
100 years ago, our SCOTUS knew how to rule in a pandemic. Today's SCOTUS cons have shit for brains.

While this global situation is new to most Americans, pandemics used to be much more commonplace. The last one was the Spanish Flu outbreak in 1918, which resulted in our Constitution being tested by local and state regulations. And throughout our nation’s history the court has issued multiple rulings that have established legal precedent when it comes to distancing and quarantine methods.

One such case was Jacobson v. Massachusetts in 1905. A man named Henning Jacobson wanted to refuse a smallpox vaccine and maintained he had the legal right to do so.

However, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the state, stating that “a community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic of disease which threatens the safety of its members.”

How The Constitution Gets Tested In Times Of Crisis, Like A Pandemic – Houston Public Media
Keyword..state. that ruling did not cede additional powers to the federal government

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Typical pouting. Nothing prohibits private companies from setting their rules.. nor states taking an action .
Julie even posted Major corps had already mandated jabs so why did Joe need take it to the SCOTUS?

Evidently MOST is not enough for Dictators

Spamature

President
You LIE of me being "feeble" I wish face to face I could prove I'm not feeble....................
Do I need to go back and find your post ?

You know I will do it too.

Do you want to be proved a liar again ?

Have you no shame ?