• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Statue Of Anti-Slavery Activist Torn Down By "The Mob"

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
The people who did this could hardly have done more for the state than if they had been cops themselves ... which they well might have been.
What does tearing down the statue of an abolitionist Union Colonel from Wisconsin do for the State of Wisconsin?

EatTheRich

President
What does tearing down the statue of an abolitionist Union Colonel from Wisconsin do for the State of Wisconsin?
It serves to discredit the movements against police brutality and white supremacy, making it easier for the state to restore the white-supremacist order. It also brings down a symbol of popular resistance.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
It serves to discredit the movements against police brutality and white supremacy, making it easier for the state to restore the white-supremacist order.
Not on the left it doesn't because not enough are willing to stand up and say it's wrong.

It also brings down a symbol of popular resistance.
He resisted slavery. Why would BLM wanna bring that symbol down? BLM doesn't know how to control itself.

EatTheRich

President
Not on the left it doesn't because not enough are willing to stand up and say it's wrong.
Virtually everyone says it’s wrong. I doubt you can find one person on the left condoning it.

He resisted slavery. Why would BLM wanna bring that symbol down? BLM doesn't know how to control itself.
BLM wouldn’t. You know who would? The state.

Sounds like BLM could use the firm guidance of a vanguard party.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Virtually everyone says it’s wrong. I doubt you can find one person on the left condoning it.

BLM wouldn’t. You know who would? The state.

Sounds like BLM could use the firm guidance of a vanguard party.
Like YOU that wants more statues torn down?

while hiding in your double wide!

EatTheRich

President
Like YOU that wants more statues torn down?

while hiding in your double wide!
I don’t think horrible people should be honored for being horrible. They took all the billboards of Stalin down after he died. Was that wrong? They took swastikas off all the buildings in Germany. Was that wrong?

I don’t want statues of cool people being taken down, even if they did some bad things (within reason) if they are being honored for something cool.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I don’t think horrible people should be honored for being horrible. They took all the billboards of Stalin down after he died. Was that wrong? They took swastikas off all the buildings in Germany. Was that wrong?

I don’t want statues of cool people being taken down, even if they did some bad things (within reason) if they are being honored for something cool.
You sound just like Biden

Zam-Zam

Senator
“Without fear of contradiction” because there is no leftist argument for removing the statue.

There is no valid argument, agreed. That doesn't preclude people from supporting this nonsense.....If it did, it would have never happened in the first place.

The usual suspects remain silent.

EatTheRich

President
There is no valid argument, agreed. That doesn't preclude people from supporting this nonsense.....If it did, it would have never happened in the first place.

The usual suspects remain silent.
I suspect (based on the transparency of the “nonsense”) that police were responsible.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
If you need any further proof that it's just about indiscriminate destruction, here it is:

MADISON - Fury exploded outside the Wisconsin State Capitol on Tuesday night as protesters smashed windows at the statehouse, attacked a state senator, and tore down two iconic statues — including one of an abolitionist who died trying to end slavery during the Civil War.

The unrest began earlier Tuesday following the arrest of a Black man who was arrested after bringing a megaphone and a baseball bat into a Capitol square restaurant. It followed weeks of mostly peaceful protests of the death of George Floyd, a Black man who was killed by a white police officer

During the melee late Tuesday, Democratic state Sen. Tim Carpenter was assaulted after taking a photo of protesters.

"I don't know what happened ... all I did was stop and take a picture ... and the next thing I'm getting five-six punches, getting kicked in the head," Carpenter told a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter
following the assault.

Complete text: https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/06/24/madison-protesters-pull-down-forward-hans-christian-heg-statues-attack-senator-sculptures-in-lake/3247948001/

You read correctly - They also assaulted a Democratic State Senator.

Once again, no one ever described a mob as 'brilliant'.
This was revolting..