• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The beaches opened up

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
And the nut jobs opened fire, if the virus doesn't get you lead poisoning will.

Looking at numerous news articles there's few masks in evidence and a can of sardines has more social distancing.
Going to be a big spike in about two weeks, it must be a Darwinian thing where stupid kills.

But the positive side is with the stupid self eradicating it will have a positive effect on the genome. Silver lining and all that. ;)

This just in . . . dolphins are testing positive for cororna virus after red state beaches were reopened. Nancy Pelosi is insisting the republican convention be held on Zoom, and Cuomo is insisting that Biden stay locked in his basement. Cuomo promises to send over a 24 pack of toilet paper and one of the 10,000 spare ventilators he hoarded during the height of NY's insanity.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Or the virus has already ripped through the population and killed those who were too old and infirm to withstand its effects. And the reopening "surge" will be a big nothing burger.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Thi
Or the virus has already ripped through the population and killed those who were too old and infirm to withstand its effects. And the reopening "surge" will be a big nothing burger.
This time around it'll get the stupid ones, no great loss.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
Whether or not it does...this is what liberty looks like. You or I may not choose to do what these folks have done - and that’s just fine.
There's exercising your constitutional rights and there's stone stupid, packing in like that cheek to jowl with a known highly infectious virus on the loose is akin to exercising your right to free speech by yelling fire at a theatre.
Careless and pretty damn stupid.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
There's exercising your constitutional rights and there's stone stupid, packing in like that cheek to jowl with a known highly infectious virus on the loose is akin to exercising your right to free speech by yelling fire at a theatre.
Careless and pretty damn stupid.
I agree. Stupid indeed.

Bernard_Fokke

Captain Fokke
Supporting Member
I agree. Stupid indeed.
I really think avoiding this stuff is using some common sense, the wife and I are older and have cut down our running around and have used masks and lotsa hand sanitizer and so far it's worked. The extreme gatherings we've seen on the news are IMO just asking for trouble.

This kind of activity can and will continue to spread this virus unless people use their heads and a modicum of simple common sense.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I really think avoiding this stuff is using some common sense, the wife and I are older and have cut down our running around and have used masks and lotsa hand sanitizer and so far it's worked. The extreme gatherings we've seen on the news are IMO just asking for trouble.

This kind of activity can and will continue to spread this virus unless people use their heads and a modicum of simple common sense.
I’m not seeing crowds up here. We went to the beach and ate in a couple of restaurants over the weekend. Spacing was generally practiced and all staff wore masks.