• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Title 18, U.S. code 597

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Are the people handing out water only after they make sure the voter is voting for the water offerer's preferred candidate? If not, there's no issue. If the issue is that the water is being offered for free, they should charge a cool $0.01 for it.
I have no idea. What's the relevance? Does the federal code that I cited just now exist or not.

BobbyT

Governor
I have no idea. What's the relevance? Does the federal code that I cited just now exist or not.
The relevance is that the citation says: offers to make an expenditure either to vote or withhold a vote for or against a candidate. So if they're not making the offer of water contingent on the who the voter is or isn't voting for, there's no violation.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The relevance is that the citation says: offers to make an expenditure either to vote or withhold a vote for or against a candidate. So if they're not making the offer of water contingent on the who the voter is or isn't voting for, there's no violation.
Who knows ... Maybe just have a tub of water nearby ..self serve...

Sound good?