• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Vetting media

EvMetro

Mayor
We cannot know the actual truth about what is really going on in our current political landscape, but we can certainly do everything in our power to triangulate the "most likely" truth. Each media source has its own bias and agenda, which means that each source provides a piece of the puzzle. Naturally, we will not be able to see the big picture if we try to assemble a multicolored puzzle with only red pieces or only blue pieces, so we need to see ALL the pieces. We cannot see the big picture if we count on media sources of one bias to inform us what other sources are reporting either. If we really want to triangulate the most likely truth and be well informed, we need to consume any and all media from any source we can. We should not trust ANY of them to tell us the truth, and we should consider them all to be presenting their own version of the truth.

If we limit our intake of media to sources that tell us what we want to hear or if we count on "friendly" sources to tell us what other sources are reporting, it leads to self imposed ignorance. If we want to get closer to the truth, we must consume any and all media we can get our hands on. Read it all, but trust none.

EvMetro

Mayor
When I debate with people who limit their media consumption to media sources that represent only one bias, I can immediately spot it. It's like one way glass though, since they obviously can't see the map of the many media sources that I use to form my perception of the political landscape. When I spot people who limit themselves to MSM, their posts reflect a very narrow piece of the puzzle, one that was engineered for them, and only one of many.

Last edited:

EvMetro

Mayor
Lefties will actually attempt to discredit media, based only on the source. When somebody trys to discredit a news story based on the source instead of merit, it shows me immediately that he suffers from self imposed ignorance. These are the stupidest lefties I know of, since they are too stupid to even understand that they are broadcasting their ignorance and stupidity by attacking the source instead of the content.

EvMetro

Mayor
The concept of processing any and all media from any source of any bias probably sounds ridiculous to lefties. If lefties digested media from outside of the narrow perspective that the MSM has engineered for them, they wouldn't really be lefties anymore. Objectively searching for the truth can't actually be done by a lefty. Lefties search for good quality subjective spins.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Lefties will actually attempt to discredit media, based only on the source. When somebody trys to discredit a news story based on the source instead of merit, it shows me immediately that he suffers from self imposed ignorance. These are the stupidest lefties I know of, since they are too stupid to even understand that they are broadcasting their ignorance and stupidity by attacking the source instead of the content.
Some media can be trusted to stay true to propaganda and fact free conspiracy theories. InfoWars, NewsMax, WND, One America News and all easily ignored simply because of their inability to actually post facts.

You first post about a requirement to consider all sources, but then pretend to have some evidence that lefties are all guilty of ignoring credible stories. Did you fail to notice the right wingers who automatically discredit CNN or non-cable news sources like NBC, CBS or ABC?

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Some media can be trusted to stay true to propaganda and fact free conspiracy theories. InfoWars, NewsMax, WND, One America News and all easily ignored simply because of their inability to actually post facts.

You first post about a requirement to consider all sources, but then pretend to have some evidence that lefties are all guilty of ignoring credible stories. Did you fail to notice the right wingers who automatically discredit CNN or non-cable news sources like NBC, CBS or ABC?
As I say on my beautiful kook site:

Common sense would indicate that if you can't find an alleged "news" story carried by traditional world, national or local media - the odds are that it is bullshit. If you read something at a site like any of those listed below and consider it to be news your gullibility is showing. My list is not and cannot ever be complete as any yahoo living in their parents basement or on Putin's payroll can start another fake source very easily but it is a start.

EvMetro

Mayor
Some media can be trusted to stay true to propaganda and fact free conspiracy theories.
Wrong. ALL news and propaganda sources are biased, and should be considered hostile. You should read them ALL, but trust NONE. When you trust news and propaganda sources, they OWN you and they engineer your perspective of the political landscape.

InfoWars, NewsMax, WND, One America News and all easily ignored simply because of their inability to actually post facts.
Ignoring what you don't want to hear leads to self imposed ignorance.

You first post about a requirement to consider all sources, but then pretend to have some evidence that lefties are all guilty of ignoring credible stories.
You just listed a list of what should be ignored.

Did you fail to notice the right wingers who automatically discredit CNN or non-cable news sources like NBC, CBS or ABC?
No. I discredit them too. Discrediting is not the same as ignoring. I discredit ALL news sources, but I also use them all.

EvMetro

Mayor
I'm glad that you feel so inspired to study my long and illustriuos history of posts here at PJ. It's always good to learn from the best.
Do you use news and propaganda sources in search of the truth, or do you use them to validate what you think the truth is?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Wrong. ALL news and propaganda sources are biased, and should be considered hostile. You should read them ALL, but trust NONE. When you trust news and propaganda sources, they OWN you and they engineer your perspective of the political landscape.

Ignoring what you don't want to hear leads to self imposed ignorance.

You just listed a list of what should be ignored.

No. I discredit them too. Discrediting is not the same as ignoring. I discredit ALL news sources, but I also use them all.
Those are some that I ignore. Feel free to quote them if you like. Whether or not there is some degree of bias in their reporting isn't the issue. Are they consistently dishonest?
InfoWars is one of those not worth watching or reading. If Alex Jones stumbles on something that happens to be true, it is an accident.

EvMetro

Mayor
Those are some that I ignore.
This means that you suffer from self imposed ignorance.

Feel free to quote them if you like.
Thanks.

Whether or not there is some degree of bias in their reporting isn't the issue. Are they consistently dishonest?
The reason why you have to ask is be because you suffer from self imposed ignorance. All you know about them is what you are told about them.

InfoWars is one of those not worth watching or reading. If Alex Jones stumbles on something that happens to be true, it is an accident.
You do not know these things if you ignore him or rely upon his political opponents to tell you what he is like. Self imposed ignorance is an extra special variety of ignorance.

Self imposed ignorance comes from limiting oneself to news and propaganda that validates what you believe, intentionally blocking what you don't want the truth to be.

EvMetro

Mayor
One thing we will NEVER see is lefties discussing the difference between subjective thought and objective thought. I've invited several lefties to engage in objective discussion about researching to find the truth (objective thought) vs researching to validate what one thinks the truth is. (Subjective thought) The results are what I'd expect if I were trying to teach a dog to read.

If lefties could process objective thoughts, they would not be lefties. The lefties who have been watching this thread are looking for ways to subjectively discredit or marginalize it, and some probably have their fingers ready to hit the censorship button. None of them have the interest or wherewithal to objectively evaluate the premise of the thread. This kind of culture rot is one of many things that are tearing apart our country.

EvMetro

Mayor
I'm glad that you feel so inspired to study my long and illustriuos history of posts here at PJ. It's always good to learn from the best.
What makes you think I study your posts, and what does that have to do with this thread?

We cannot know the actual truth about what is really going on in our current political landscape, but we can certainly do everything in our power to triangulate the "most likely" truth. Each media source has its own bias and agenda, which means that each source provides a piece of the puzzle. Naturally, we will not be able to see the big picture if we try to assemble a multicolored puzzle with only red pieces or only blue pieces, so we need to see ALL the pieces. We cannot see the big picture if we count on media sources of one bias to inform us what other sources are reporting either. If we really want to triangulate the most likely truth and be well informed, we need to consume any and all media from any source we can. We should not trust ANY of them to tell us the truth, and we should consider them all to be presenting their own version of the truth.

If we limit our intake of media to sources that tell us what we want to hear or if we count on "friendly" sources to tell us what other sources are reporting, it leads to self imposed ignorance. If we want to get closer to the truth, we must consume any and all media we can get our hands on. Read it all, but trust none.
Great post, thank you.

The responses you got to this are from two partisan water carriers that do nothing but carry the water for the MSM.

Lie and defend to the last, it's what good Fascist do.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Great post, thank you.

The responses you got to this are from two partisan water carriers that do nothing but carry the water for the MSM.

Lie and defend to the last, it's what good Fascist do.
Finally, we agree. You are a fascist.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
One thing we will NEVER see is lefties discussing the difference between subjective thought and objective thought. I've invited several lefties to engage in objective discussion about researching to find the truth (objective thought) vs researching to validate what one thinks the truth is. (Subjective thought) The results are what I'd expect if I were trying to teach a dog to read.

If lefties could process objective thoughts, they would not be lefties. The lefties who have been watching this thread are looking for ways to subjectively discredit or marginalize it, and some probably have their fingers ready to hit the censorship button. None of them have the interest or wherewithal to objectively evaluate the premise of the thread. This kind of culture rot is one of many things that are tearing apart our country.
And you think that is an objective thought? Your bias is obvious.

Finally, we agree. You are a fascist.
Not the one who is for media suppression of stories, political persecutions, who is in here day in and day out lying to protect the Regime at all cost.

That would be all you Mr. "I would have shot her twice" View, isn't that right Herr Cowboy?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Not the one who is for media suppression of stories, political persecutions, who is in here day in and day out lying to protect the Regime at all cost.

That would be all you Mr. "I would have shot her twice" View, isn't that right Herr Cowboy?
The laptop was all over media. Twitter was the only one to keep it out of tweets.

Crimes should result in holding people accountable. You seem to think those crimes were no big deal.

Some crimes deserve deadly force. If Babbit and a few hundred rioting thugs broke a window and were climbing into your business would you have shot her?

More lying about what actually happened and a justification for shooting an unarmed woman for breaking a window and of course the complete and clueless complete lack of self awareness as usual.

The laptop was all over media. Twitter was the only one to keep it out of tweets.

Some crimes deserve deadly force. If Babbit and a few hundred rioting thugs broke a window and were climbing into your business would you have shot her?
It was al over the media as "Russian Disinformation" which has the MSM covered the story. 50 now disgraced former intelligence officials gave them and the FBI cover with the love letter they wrote.

How utterly f-cking clueless can one person be.
Crimes should result in holding people accountable. You seem to think those crimes were no big deal.

Oh I think crimes should be held accountable, please explain why the FBI suppressed any investigation into Hunter Bidens laptop, why they leaned on Social Media companies to bury it, why didn't they look at the influence peddaling the Biden family was doing the entire time since 2015, after that maybe you could explain the re-writing of Flynn's interview report, the lying to get FISA Warrants, the spying on a rival parties campaign and then a duly elected POTUS....

We will all wait for your explanation Mr. Accountability.

You are on record as being willing to shoot an unarmed woman twice, that is all anybody needs to know.