• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

When did L.A. county flip republican?

condorkristy

Mostly Liberal
Really?

Wow.... It didn't.

You're really smarter than this... someone winning or losing depends on getting one vote more than your opponent. If 10 people vote and you win 6 to 4, that means that 40% didn't want you. Its not as if the winner got 100% of the vote.

Trump got more votes in California than any other state.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Really?

Wow.... It didn't.

You're really smarter than this... someone winning or losing depends on getting one vote more than your opponent. If 10 people vote and you win 6 to 4, that means that 40% didn't want you. Its not as if the winner got 100% of the vote.

Trump got more votes in California than any other state.
Yes. I am.

Topic, that you missed, is the massive Spike in covid cases in LA county.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Yes. I am.

Topic, that you missed, is the massive Spike in covid cases in LA county.
So you assume that because Biden won LA county that there are no republicans there? No Trump supporters? 27% of the vote there was for Trump.

Zam-Zam

Senator
So you assume that because Biden won LA county that there are no republicans there? No Trump supporters? 27% of the vote there was for Trump.

So, where covid-19 is spiking, roughly 3/4 of the vote went against Trump.

According to you.

Good to know.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
No. I assume, based on the behavior of posters here, that when covid spikes it's to be blamed on Republicans. So you can see naturally why I would muse thusly. Thank you for affirming that 73% of LA county is not republican. Based on the logic applied here on this board, whom are we to blame now for this massive Spike of covid cases in LA county?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
So, where covid-19 is spiking, roughly 3/4 of the vote went against Trump.

According to you.

Good to know.
It is spiking in a county in Colorado that went 60% for Trump. The more prevalent the right wing voters, the more likely there is vaccine and mask resistance. 40% of republicans say they will not get vaccinated.

So what media was reporting negative stuff about the vaccine? The same folks who were pushing the stolen election bullshit. It isn't a coincidence. Fox only recently began a big push to tell viewers they should get vaccinated. I'd bet One America News, InfoWars, NewsMax and other right wing media will eventually.

Zam-Zam

Senator
No. I assume, based on the behavior of posters here, that when covid spikes it's to be blamed on Republicans. So you can see naturally why I would muse thusly. Thank you for affirming that 73% of LA county is not republican. Based on the logic applied here on this board, whom are we to blame now for this massive Spike of covid cases in LA county?

The "logic" works like this:

If there is a spike in covid-19 cases in a Republican district, it's because most of them are Republicans.

And if there is a spike in a Democratic district, it's because some of them are Republicans.

Seriously....That's what they're going with.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

If there is a spike in covid-19 cases in a Republican district, it's because most of them are Republicans.

And if there is a spike in a Democratic district, it's because some of them are Republicans.

It's an easy exercise. Now comes all the nuh uh's and no ways...

Easy work, Phil here is a grandmaster at sucking out the posts from the opposite Landers

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Ultimately the person refusing to be vaccinated should be blamed. That still points to media promoting conspiracies that are carrying what can only be called lies from hell.

Like the current one about Biden having "goons" go door to door to force people to be vaccinated.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

40% of republicans say they will not be vaccinated. There is resistance in minority communities, but that is far less than the right wingers who have been consumming conspiracy theory media.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I tried this line of reasoning with one of the forum’s DNC-subsidized posters. He would have none of it. Much like Texas Democratic Senator superspreaders and kids in cages under Biden…

All things are made new and spotlessly clean by the (D) beside any name, region, or scope.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Ultimately the person refusing to be vaccinated should be blamed. That still points to media promoting conspiracies that are carrying what can only be called lies from hell.

Like the current one about Biden having "goons" go door to door to force people to be vaccinated.
What does this have to do with the 10,000 case spike in Los Angeles county? Which by your prior assertion is predominantly Democratic leaning...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
What does this have to do with the 10,000 case spike in Los Angeles county? Which by your prior assertion is predominantly Democratic leaning...
Do you think the 27% who voted for Trump are not represented as the majority of those who refuse to be vaccinated? Well over 90% of those new cases are not vaccinated.

Zam-Zam

Senator
40% of republicans say they will not be vaccinated. There is resistance in minority communities, but that is far less than the right wingers who have been consumming conspiracy theory media.
Minority vaccine numbers lacking
Vaccine numbers in the Valley range between 12 to 25 percent among African Americans, making that community more vulnerable than ever to the coronavirus.

Minority vaccine numbers lacking - WFMJ.com

LA County COVID hospitalizations keep climbing; 11th day of 1,000-plus cases

LA County COVID hospitalizations keep climbing (spectrumnews1.com)

When the facts don't fit the narrative, double down on the narrative and ignore the facts.

Both predicable and amusing.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Minority vaccine numbers lacking
Vaccine numbers in the Valley range between 12 to 25 percent among African Americans, making that community more vulnerable than ever to the coronavirus.

Minority vaccine numbers lacking - WFMJ.com

LA County COVID hospitalizations keep climbing; 11th day of 1,000-plus cases

LA County COVID hospitalizations keep climbing (spectrumnews1.com)

When the facts don't fit the narrative, double down on the narrative and ignore the facts.

Both predicable and amusing.
We were talking about LA county and now we are talking about Ohio?

As I said...minority communities are part of the problem...but you have yet to address teh 40% of republicans who say they will not get vaccinated.

Zam-Zam

Senator
We were talking about LA county and now we are talking about Ohio?

As I said...minority communities are part of the problem...but you have yet to address teh 40% of republicans who say they will not get vaccinated.
No, I just provided supplemental information.

As for your claim,

a) You have yet to source it

b) "said" does not equate to "haven't"

c) You haven't presented any evidence of causation.

What is known is that, according to you, 3/4 of the vote in LA county went against Trump, and that covid-19 is spiking in LA county. Those are the facts, and to this point no one has disputed them.

When you have sourced, verified facts that counter these, let me know.