• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

"Where's Jackie?"

Jack4freedom

Governor
What has she done that would lead you to believe she would be a great leader? Can you give specifics on what she has done as our vice president that stands out?
Being a Vice President is not generally a position that allows one to accomplish great things TB. Can you name any great Vice Presidents that have had an impact on US policy lately? The recent ones who stand out to me are scumbags like Dick Cheney, Dick Nixon and LBJ who all had negative effects in my opinion.

Early on, John Addams and Thomas Jefferson had positive impacts as they became VP by garnering the second most EC votes rather than being part of a party ticket. Since then most have been rather inconsequential.

That said, if Ms. Harris does become POTUS, I see no reason that she could not become an effective leader and a great President. She had a very erratic childhood, constantly moving, parents divorced when she was 7 but she managed to excel throughout in her education. Then she excelled at Howard University and got her law degree at 25.

She rose from being an assistant DA to City Attorney, to California AG and later to the US Senate and VP of the Us. She is obviously a very intelligent, hard working and extremely accomplished woman in the prime of her life. If she rises to become President, the sky is the limit regarding how great a leader she can become. If she does, I certainly hope she lives up to her potential.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Being a Vice President is not generally a position that allows one to accomplish great things TB. Can you name any great Vice Presidents that have had an impact on US policy lately? The recent ones who stand out to me are scumbags like Dick Cheney, Dick Nixon and LBJ who all had negative effects in my opinion.

Early on, John Addams and Thomas Jefferson had positive impacts as they became VP by garnering the second most EC votes rather than being part of a party ticket. Since then most have been rather inconsequential.

That said, if Ms. Harris does become POTUS, I see no reason that she could not become an effective leader and a great President. She had a very erratic childhood, constantly moving, parents divorced when she was 7 but she managed to excel throughout in her education. Then she excelled at Howard University and got her law degree at 25.

She rose from being an assistant DA to City Attorney, to California AG and later to the US Senate and VP of the Us. She is obviously a very intelligent, hard working and extremely accomplished woman in the prime of her life. If she rises to become President, the sky is the limit regarding how great a leader she can become. If she does, I certainly hope she lives up to her potential.
Remember, she's in charge of the border and look how great she's handled that

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
IMO it will never freely happen
So we'll never know for certain and he surely fails the test on live TV
To quell the rumors and speculations, Biden should concede to taking one.
Having his mental status made known has become an issue apparently.
It's sure fodder for the opposition. :rolleyes:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
To quell the rumors and speculations, Biden should concede to taking one.
Having his mental status made known has become an issue apparently.
It's sure fodder for the opposition. :rolleyes:
Yep and his actions are what created the fodder
Shaking hands with invisible people
Saying Kamala is the President and he's a Senator
Lost on stage
Tall tell stories
Where's Jackie
(not enough band width)

I forgot he thinks he's a KING

Biden’s fly-by-the-seat-of-his-pants approach to canceling student loans is creating a huge mess (msn.com)

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Yep and his actions are what created the fodder
Shaking hands with invisible people
Saying Kamala is the President and he's a Senator
Lost on stage
Tall tell stories
Where's Jackie
(not enough band width)
Well... Trump passed his cognitive test according to the doctor. He made so many irresponsible comments, his remarks were then and still continuing as that of a man lacking mental clarity.

Just a few of Trump's biggies as a reminder.

310554129_509688154596097_2289627823403192296_n.jpg

Zam-Zam

Senator
So, do you think Biden needs to take a cognitive test same as Trump?

According to reports after Trump's cognitive test he demonstrated sound mental abilities.
i wonder just how much faith/confidence can be put in those cognitive tests. JMO
The GOP, meanwhile, has been very much on the record. Last winter, a group of 38 Republican lawmakers sent a letter urging Biden to take a cognitive test, noting that former President Donald Trump had done so after some questioned his mental acuity. Trump passed.

“We believe that, regardless of gender, age, or political party, all presidents should follow the example set by former President (Donald) Trump to document and demonstrate sound mental abilities,” the lawmakers said.

I believe a cognitive test for any sitting President, particularly one of a certain age, might not be a bad idea. The problem would be the politics of the thing, the rigging of results, a lack of transparency, etc. No system is perfect.

With this President, it seems obvious to more than a few that something is amiss. Here's a simple thought experiment for anyone who dares: President Biden "forgot" that a Congressperson he eulogized not long ago was indeed deceased - Can you imagine a scenario where that would have happened to Barack Obama?

And if the answer is, as I suspect, no, why not?

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
I believe a cognitive test for any sitting President, particularly one of a certain age, might not be a bad idea. The problem would be the politics of the thing, the rigging of results, a lack of transparency, etc. No system is perfect.

With this President, it seems obvious to more than a few that something is amiss. Here's a simple thought experiment for anyone who dares: President Biden "forgot" that a Congressperson he eulogized not long ago was indeed deceased - Can you imagine a scenario where that would have happened to Barack Obama?

And if the answer is, as I suspect, no, why not?
For eight years I heard over and over again about how Obama thought there were 57 states. Eight years you conservatives took a small flub like that and tried to imply that Obama wasn't smart. So yeah - I can imagine that.

Zam-Zam

Senator
For eight years I heard over and over again about how Obama thought there were 57 states. Eight years you conservatives took a small flub like that and tried to imply that Obama wasn't smart. So yeah - I can imagine that.
That was a flub, and it was funny.

I don't recall anyone seriously suggesting Barack Obama suffered from dementia while President.

Ergo, this is different.

PNWest

That was a flub, and it was funny.

I don't recall anyone seriously suggesting Barack Obama suffered from dementia while President.

Ergo, this is different.

You don't recall? Surely you jest - We saw it over and over and over from the right wing Yabba Dabbas. Perhaps YOUR recall is impaired. Have you had a cognition test lately?

Zam-Zam

Senator
You don't recall? Surely you jest - We saw it over and over and over from the right wing Yabba Dabbas. Perhaps YOUR recall is impaired. Have you had a cognition test lately?
:D

Do you think Obam would have made the same 'gaffe' as the one Biden just made in front of the world.

I personally think he would not have. That does not mean I think Obama is brilliant or that I agree with everything he says, but I do not believe that he would have forgotten someone he had just eulogized a short time earlier was dead.

Do you think he would have?

PNWest

:D

Do you think Obam would have made the same 'gaffe' as the one Biden just made in front of the world.

I personally think he would not have. That does not mean I think Obama is brilliant or that I agree with everything he says, but I do not believe that he would have forgotten someone he had just eulogized a short time earlier was dead.

Do you think he would have?
Truth be told - probably not. I'm not impressed with Biden. While he obviously has all of his marbles he's slowed down and seems to make more gaffes than he did before (which is saying something as he' s always made a lot of gaffes).

Zam-Zam

Senator
Truth be told - probably not. I'm not impressed with Biden. While he obviously has all of his marbles he's slowed down and seems to make more gaffes than he did before (which is saying something as he' s always made a lot of gaffes).
My impression is that they're getting more frequent, and of a more alarming nature.

Forgetting whether someone you know is alive or dead - That's not normal.

PNWest

My impression is that they're getting more frequent, and of a more alarming nature.

Forgetting whether someone you know is alive or dead - That's not normal.

That statement scares me a bit. I recently saw a story about an old actor that is still kicking that I though had died years ago.....

EatTheRich

President
The only thing Biden has earned as far as I am concerned is a four year term as President by winning the election in 2020. He will either finish out his term, decide to resign, die or be impeached and removed from office. Until then, he is our President and I wish him and his team all the best.
or gets declared incapacitated via the 25th Amendment process due to his apparent senility.