• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

which is it?

Boltlady

Mayor
This morning I was flipping a couple of channels to see what was being said about Ian. I have some dear friends that live right about where it was this morning. (I don't know how they've fared yet) The part that struck me was FOX was saying that about 2 1/2 million people were without power. NBC was saying that about 1 million were without power.

To me that was a perfect example of how information differs according to one's news source. That's one reason why I like to get information from a variety of sources rather than depend on just one.

TBLee

Governor
I saw an interview with someone from the power company and he said there was about 2 million without power right now. That during the night they were able to get about 500,000 back up and running throughout the night. That is a lot of people without electricity.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
This morning I was flipping a couple of channels to see what was being said about Ian. I have some dear friends that live right about where it was this morning. (I don't know how they've fared yet) The part that struck me was FOX was saying that about 2 1/2 million people were without power. NBC was saying that about 1 million were without power.

To me that was a perfect example of how information differs according to one's news source. That's one reason why I like to get information from a variety of sources rather than depend on just one.
Same here with Ian coming tomorrow, one weather-people say 2 1/2 inches, the next 3 to 5 inches and another maybe over 6 inches, strong winds, possible power outages and maybe Tornadoes...............they can't accurately predict what tomorrow will be but expect us to believe what weather will be in 30 years.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I saw an interview with someone from the power company and he said there was about 2 million without power right now. That during the night they were able to get about 500,000 back up and running throughout the night. That is a lot of people without electricity.
Doesn't sound like a good time to own an EV

Boltlady

Mayor
Same here with Ian coming tomorrow, one weather-people say 2 1/2 inches, the next 3 to 5 inches and another maybe over 6 inches, strong winds, possible power outages and maybe Tornadoes...............they can't accurately predict what tomorrow will be but expect us to believe what weather will be in 30 years.
People simply do not understand that about their favorite news sources. People say facts matter but much of what gets reported is supposition. People pick up on somebody else's assumption, they repeat it and they're all off and running. As I was pointing out in my post all of this weather reporting is a classic example. The story of what is real is all over the place.

BTW good luck today. You're in for a mess. We are here too in SE VA (less that 10 miles from the Atlantic) We won't get it as bad as you will but it will definitely be wet with high wind gusts.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
People simply do not understand that about their favorite news sources. People say facts matter but much of what gets reported is supposition. People pick up on somebody else's assumption, they repeat it and they're all off and running. As I was pointing out in my post all of this weather reporting is a classic example. The story of what is real is all over the place.

BTW good luck today. You're in for a mess. We are here too in SE VA (less that 10 miles from the Atlantic) We won't get it as bad as you will but it will definitely be wet with high wind gusts.

Yep

Rain was reported to start around 9am and it's been raining for about and hour already and quite gusty so guess I better batten down the hatches. Thx and good luck to ya