• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Why Russia must be stopped.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Abomination. And [Unwelcome language removed] Elon musk and his opinion

The kleptocracy that is the Russian government these days is corrupting nations around the globe. 60 minutes did a story on Russian oligarchs buying up property in London and buying influence there. The influence Parnas had over Trump firing the ambassador to Ukraine is just one sign of their corruption reaching into the White House here.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

Ok…that does it! This time, we’ll give Putin the frowning of a lifetime! He won’t know what hit him…err…what looked at him. This will be followed up with a tersely-worded email, replete with less-than-friendly emojis.

I’m sorry but the man has just crossed the line…

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
Nukes Reported on Route to Ukraine as Fears Grow Putin Will Push Button (newsweek.com)

Russian nuclear submarine armed with 'doomsday' weapon disappears from Arctic harbor: report | Fox News

Russian army shells communities along front line in Kherson region, civilian casualties reported (ukrinform.net)

You're right - if he's not stopped he is getting ready to completely wreck Ukraine. I don't think Ukraine can do it by themselves. If the cavalry isn't on the way there may not be anything left to rescue. Heck of a job Brandonie...

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Nukes Reported on Route to Ukraine as Fears Grow Putin Will Push Button (newsweek.com)

Russian nuclear submarine armed with 'doomsday' weapon disappears from Arctic harbor: report | Fox News

Russian army shells communities along front line in Kherson region, civilian casualties reported (ukrinform.net)

You're right - if he's not stopped he is getting ready to completely wreck Ukraine. I don't think Ukraine can do it by themselves. If the cavalry isn't on the way there may not be anything left to rescue. Heck of a job Brandonie...
This is really ugly on many levels. Far be it from me to even pretend to be a guy with a government job (puke)…but if I were president, I’d be on a plane to Beijing…toggling every switch to get China into the diplomatic game. Move heaven and earth to get them all in on this. Aside from tending to every American and NATO contingency plan, this needs to be the move. Appeal to China’s desire to be seen as true world power and leader. Milk that ambition for something good for once.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The kleptocracy that is the Russian government these days is corrupting nations around the globe. 60 minutes did a story on Russian oligarchs buying up property in London and buying influence there. The influence Parnas had over Trump firing the ambassador to Ukraine is just one sign of their corruption reaching into the White House here.
Which is why it must be collapsed

This ends only two ways, a neogotiated settlement where neither sides gets all it wants or an escalation into a world war that WILL involve Nuclear exchanges.

Musk's idea is sound, if we did not have a Gov't begging for WWIII (Turkey had this on the table for both sides and was Squashed by the Biden Adminstration) this would already be over.

Raoul_Luke

This is really ugly on many levels. Far be it from me to even pretend to be a guy with a government job (puke)…but if I were president, I’d be on a plane to Beijing…toggling every switch to get China into the diplomatic game. Move heaven and earth to get them all in on this. Aside from tending to every American and NATO contingency plan, this needs to be the move. Appeal to China’s desire to be seen as true world power and leader. Milk that ambition for something good for once.
Putin has reacted positively to Elon Musk's Twitter proposal for peace. Screw China Rick, I'd be on the phone with Putin trying to find an off ramp tout de suite.

Raoul_Luke

The online mob has decided that any support for a negotiated settlement—even proposals that Zelensky himself appeared to support at the beginning of the war—is tantamount to taking Russia's side, denouncing voices of compromise and restraint as Putin apologists. This removes them from acceptable discourse and shrinks the Overton window to those advocating the total defeat of Russia and an end to Putin's regime—even if it risks WWIII.

We need to find an off-ramp here or we're going to find ourselves in a world of sh*t. The neocon/woke elites are putting Putin in a corner by demanding regime change. Where is his incentive not to blow up the world in that dynamic?

This ends only two ways, a neogotiated settlement where neither sides gets all it wants or an escalation into a world war that WILL involve Nuclear exchanges.

Musk's idea is sound, if we did not have a Gov't begging for WWIII (Turkey had this on the table for both sides and was Squashed by the Biden Adminstration) this would already be over.
The only way to peace is a complete Russian withdrawal and to respect Ukraine's sovereignty.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

No that is incorrect. It is also entirely possible, as it is occurring slowly as we speak, that Ukraine takes back its territory, fortifies its position and holds its lands against the Russian aggressor. If you had not noticed there is no plan at this time to negotiate a thing, nor should there be with a nation whose abhorrent barbarism is being uncovered day after day.
If there is to be any negotiation it will be on Ukraine's terms now. Or perhaps good will need to stand up and face evil, and in that context maybe there ought to be a world war

Raoul_Luke

The only way to peace is a complete Russian withdrawal and to respect Ukraine's sovereignty.
How do you achieve that, General Patton? He appears ready to start leveling Ukrainian cities. Got any ideas we can try before that happens?

Raoul_Luke

No that is incorrect. It is also entirely possible, as it is occurring slowly as we speak, that Ukraine takes back its territory, fortifies its position and holds its lands against the Russian aggressor. If you had not noticed there is no plan at this time to negotiate a thing, nor should there be with a nation whose abhorrent barbarism is being uncovered day after day.
If there is to be any negotiation it will be on Ukraine's terms now. Or perhaps good will need to stand up and face evil, and in that context maybe there ought to be a world war
Simple question - does Russia possess the ability to start systematically destroying Ukrainian population centers with missiles and bombs or not? Because it sure doesn't seem like he is willing to let the ground troops settle this thing.