• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

A record 10 million sought US jobless aid in past 2 weeks

Bugsy McGurk

President
I realize Bugs is trolling and trying to make political gain out of the worlds tragedy but for Bugs to post about how the president didn't shut things down fast enough and then in the next post to complain about economy might be one of the funnier things posted on PJ.
Some reality...

The economic pain would have been FAR less severe had Trump reacted earlier, instead of spending two months lying, denying, bumbling and fumbling.

There is no inconsistency between criticizing his buffoonery and lamenting how it devastated the economy.

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Some reality...

The economic pain would have been FAR less severe had Trump reacted earlier, instead of spending two months lying, denying, bumbling and fumbling.

There is no inconsistency between criticizing his buffoonery and lamenting how it devastated the economy.
This virus has such a long incubation period that there is nothing stopping it. It would have spread here at some point regardless.

Remember how much political blow back particularly from Democrats he got for shutting down travel from China? So obviously there is no way he could have shut down the country and made them stay at home when the first case hit the USA and even if he did it would have just delayed the spread and not stopped it.

You know that but you will continue to post against what you know for I guess what you see as political gain.

Bugsy McGurk

President
It's not too much to ask to prevent a pandemic, and keep the economy growing. Hell, Obama did it.
It’s not like Trumpies even need to use their imagination to envision a national response that would have nipped the epidemic here in the bud.

South Korea did it, and they did it from Day One. Their country and ours had our first diagnosed cases on the same date - 1/20/20. They jumped all over it immediately. Trump lied and denied for weeks. They didn’t even need to shut down their economy to contain it. We now have to, and the contagion is still raging nonetheless because the contagion spread throughout the country while Trump was lying and dithering.

So, while they don’t even have to use their imaginations to envision what Trump’s proper response should have been, they just can’t seem to do that. Their fealty to Trump is just too powerful.

Astounding.

Bugsy McGurk

President
This virus has such a long incubation period that there is nothing stopping it. It would have spread here at some point regardless.

Remember how much political blow back particularly from Democrats he got for shutting down travel from China? So obviously there is no way he could have shut down the country and made them stay at home when the first case hit the USA and even if he did it would have just delayed the spread and not stopped it.

You know that but you will continue to post against what you know for I guess what you see as political gain.
See my post Immediately above where I explain this. I welcome your comments in response to that post.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Businesses would be losing money even if the government wasn't mandating them to be closed. Nobody in their right mind would be out shopping right now even if the government allowed it.
I ordered some items online from LL Bean…..and they were delivered in 2 days.

EatTheRich

President
Why thank Trump? Should he have pulled out his lasso of truth and reigned in this Virus? What should he have done? How is this virus that started in China his fault. Lastly, just how much do you hate Trump and America?
Testing, contact tracing, and isolation much earlier ... he should have started producing masks and ventilators in December, not March ...