• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Proof That Gun's Don't Kill People.

freyasman

Senator
I'll be happy to give you a link, and make damn sure you read where it is from right at the top of the page. The damned Tennessee government, so I suggest that people follow the laws of their state, as well as common damn sense. If they don't follow the law it's just fine with me they lose their property, and get their ass thrown in jail.

http://www.tn.gov/safety/handgunmain.shtml

And by the way, what was your comment above??? Oh yeah....

If you agree with him then I think you should be the ones to go and do the "confiscating"; and don't expect a damn bit of sympathy from me when you get shot for it, and then arrested and prosecuted for attempted theft (if you survive).

Don't piss down my back and claim it's raining outside.
OK, I just read your link and nowhere in it is a law; advocating something is not the same thing as it being against the law. You're the one whose trying to "piss down my back and claim it's raining outside", guy.
As to the other part, are you claiming that was a threat of some kind? I don't know how ya'll do things, but around here, if you decide to take it upon yourself to "confiscate" (AKA steal) someone else's property just because you don't like what they're doing with it, especially if they haven't broken any laws or harmed anyone, you can expect to get your arrogant ass shot off.... that isn't a threat, it's a fact of life. You're welcome to come visit, but I suggest you leave that sorry-ass attitude north of the Red River.

Wahbooz

Governor
OK, I just read your link and nowhere in it is a law; advocating something is not the same thing as it being against the law. You're the one whose trying to "piss down my back and claim it's raining outside", guy.
As to the other part, are you claiming that was a threat of some kind? I don't know how ya'll do things, but around here, if you decide to take it upon yourself to "confiscate" (AKA steal) someone else's property just because you don't like what they're doing with it, especially if they haven't broken any laws or harmed anyone, you can expect to get your arrogant ass shot off.... that isn't a threat, it's a fact of life. You're welcome to come visit, but I suggest you leave that sorry-ass attitude north of the Red River.

Perhaps you should check with your local law enforcement and see what would happen if someone 'unauthorized' gets their hands on a firearm of yours and uses it, ask them what will happen.

Look, dumbass, the simple fact is if someone leaves a firearm unattended, and harm comes to someone of the public, the law has the right to confiscate that firearm. Just because you have some idiotic idea that 'ya'll' can do whatever the hell you want, and you have some kind of constitutional right to be stupid, does not defer another's right to speak their mind. And there you go again, 'ass shot off'. Well here's for you, pal, f**k off.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Frayasman, it seems you got your panties in a bunch over my post. Chill. The top poster did not set his ar-15 out on his front porch, the person the TP stole the post from didn't leave his shotgun on his front porch and nobody confiscated their guns.

If someone had, in fact, done something so stupid as to have left his gun laying around in an area accessible to anyone walking by and there was an accident or the gun was stolen and used in a crime....Then what? I already linked you to an incident where a young boy was shot by another youngster who thought the rifle he picked up was a toy. Should the owner then be liable? Should the owner, having been responsible for an accidental homicide, lose the right to own guns?

freyasman

Senator
Perhaps you should check with your local law enforcement and see what would happen if someone 'unauthorized' gets their hands on a firearm of yours and uses it, ask them what will happen.

Look, dumbass, the simple fact is if someone leaves a firearm unattended, and harm comes to someone of the public, the law has the right to confiscate that firearm. Just because you have some idiotic idea that 'ya'll' can do whatever the hell you want, and you have some kind of constitutional right to be stupid, does not defer another's right to speak their mind. And there you go again, 'ass shot off'. Well here's for you, pal, f**k off.
Yeah, I'll do that, guy; I'll ask the cop I know who keeps (at least) 2 loaded pistols stashed in spots around his house so he can get to them in an emergency :rolleyes:. The comment MV posted, that I took exception to, and that you supported, was that the top poster's property should be "confiscated" from him for an act that broke no laws and hurt no one.... that is called STEALING. People who come onto other people's property and try to steal from them get shot quite often; that's not me threatening you (you dumbass), it's an observation. If I told you that folks who go outside when it's raining get wet, would you say I was threatening to pour water on you?
You don't seem to understand that you can't take any action against someone for harm they might cause; you have to wait until there has actually been some harm done. Why is this so hard to understand? When something does happen, I'll be the first one screaming for action to be taken, but if no harm has been done yet then SHUT UP AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.

Last edited:

freyasman

Senator
Frayasman, it seems you got your panties in a bunch over my post. Chill. The top poster did not set his ar-15 out on his front porch, the person the TP stole the post from didn't leave his shotgun on his front porch and nobody confiscated their guns.

If someone had, in fact, done something so stupid as to have left his gun laying around in an area accessible to anyone walking by and there was an accident or the gun was stolen and used in a crime....Then what? I already linked you to an incident where a young boy was shot by another youngster who thought the rifle he picked up was a toy. Should the owner then be liable? Should the owner, having been responsible for an accidental homicide, lose the right to own guns?
And I already answered that question (see post 16, 17, and 19); when that happens, crush his nuts.... But until that happens, the man can do as he pleases with his property on his land. It's supposed to be a free country....

Last edited:

ElGringo

Mayor
You don't seem to understand that you can't take any action against someone for harm they might cause; you have to wait until there has actually been some harm done. Why is this so hard to understand?
First, the story was obviously just that, a story, meant to illustrate a point. The author could just as easily have claimed to have put a broom out on the porch and upon returning noticed that the broom had failed to sweep the porch. Bad broom!

Regarding your point, I don't think that some in here don't understand your point, they just want to steer the conversation away from the very valid point made in the OP which is guns by themselves don't do anything other than sit there.

freyasman

Senator
First, the story was obviously just that, a story, meant to illustrate a point. The author could just as easily have claimed to have put a broom out on the porch and upon returning noticed that the broom had failed to sweep the porch. Bad broom!

Regarding your point, I don't think that some in here don't understand your point, they just want to steer the conversation away from the very valid point made in the OP which is guns by themselves don't do anything other than sit there.
You noticed that too? In post 23 I tried to get things back on track, and in post 27 I posted a link to the original version. Seems as though no one was interested in anything else but condemning him for what might have (but didn't actually) happen....

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Just like a drunk driver won't hit someone unless they happen to get in the way.. real responsible behavior and thinking.. not!

ElGringo

Mayor
Just like a drunk driver won't hit someone unless they happen to get in the way.. real responsible behavior and thinking.. not!
This thought had also occurred to me but I had to dismiss it because drunk driving occurs on public property while the OP's story occurred on private property and there are laws against drunk driving in all states as far as I know but in some parts of this country it isn't illegal to leave a shotgun unattended on your property. It's definitely stupid, but not illegal.

freyasman

Senator
Nobody suggests "confiscating" a person's vehicles because they see that person having a glass of wine; what if that person decides to drive home? Something bad might happen!?!?!?! Quick, let's all go "confiscate" (AKA steal) his possessions; I call dibs on his pickup..... :rolleyes:

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
Nobody suggests "confiscating" a person's vehicles because they see that person having a glass of wine; what if that person decides to drive home? Something bad might happen!?!?!?! Quick, let's all go "confiscate" (AKA steal) his possessions; I call dibs on his pickup..... :rolleyes:
That post is on my ridiculous list.. sorry, Frey.. :)

ElGringo

Mayor
I wouldn't suggest confiscating a vehicle because the driver had a glass of wine, but if the driver was behind the wheel and obviously not in control of his vehicle on a public road then yeah, confiscate it and then charge the driver the towing and storage fees in order to get it back.

freyasman

Senator
I wouldn't suggest confiscating a vehicle because the driver had a glass of wine, but if the driver was behind the wheel and obviously not in control of his vehicle on a public road then yeah, confiscate it and then charge the driver the towing and storage fees in order to get it back.
I let my "inner smart-ass child" out for a minute...

Figjam

Mayor
Proof That Car's Don't Kill People

Today I parked my car right in the driveway. I had filled the tank with gas and left the engine running, leaving the car in "Park". I then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's gardener across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and a few cars drove by the front of our house.

After about an hour, I checked on the car. It was still sitting there in the driveway, right where I had left it. It hadn't rolled itself on to the street. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even shifted itself into drive.

You can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous cars are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong and it's the misuse of cars by PEOPLE that kills people, or I'm in possession of the laziest car in the world.

Today I parked my car right in the driveway. I had filled the tank with gas and left the engine running, leaving the car in "Park". I then left it alone and went about my business.

While I was gone, the mailman delivered my mail, the neighbor's gardener across the street mowed the yard, a girl walked her dog down the street, and a few cars drove by the front of our house.

After about an hour, I checked on the car. It was still sitting there in the driveway, right where I had left it. It hadn't rolled itself on to the street. It certainly hadn't killed anyone, even with the numerous opportunities it had been presented to do so. In fact, it hadn't even shifted itself into drive.

You can imagine my surprise, with all the media hype about how dangerous cars are and how they kill people. Either the media is wrong and it's the misuse of cars by PEOPLE that kills people, or I'm in possession of the laziest car in the world.
Quote from MV with one word changed
Seems like a good reason to confiscate this bozo's car.

freyasman

Senator

You still gotta give credit to the original author, FJ; I busted the top poster out on it, can't let you get away with it.... :cool: