• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Reparations

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
They get called n***ers too and are mistreated due to their black heritage.
They call themselves that all the time now. They are not mistreated, they have the same rights as any other American, who have been called "Cracker, or Redneck". Get over it already.

Bronwyn

Unapoligetically Republican
Do tell us your story. How Affirmative Action cheated you out of wealth.

Blacks were denied the ability to accumulate wealth and pass it on to the next generations.... due to slavery, discrimination, Jim Crow, redlining, etc.

Our young people have been denied the ability to accumulate wealth like their parents have ….due to the 2007/2008 Great Republican Recession.
You are Joking right? There were Black slave owners. Your lame excuses from the pst do not factor anymore. The past 50 years Blacks have grown and SOME made a better life by using their rights to grow. Others sat there with their hands out and expected to be taken care of. The days of Slavery are long gone and there is no excuse for blacks not making a better life for themselves. They just have to work at it. Not our fault nor our responsibility to pay for their choices.

kaz

Small l libertarian
What are you posting about? Oh, you voted for Johnson? Too bad you helped elect Trump.
I helped elect Trump? You're in the party that made him President. You picked the worst candidate in my lifetime. And you're blaming me for your own complete and utter screw up? You nominated Hillary and you blame libertarians for Trump?

Wow, talk about a complete failure to take responsibility for your own actions

Barbella

Senator
As I stated none that I am friends with want reparations. This is just another hare brained idea a few came up with to try and make money.

Oh, look whose idea this was, Jackson Lee, one of the most arrogant Democrats in Congress! I wondered whose idea this was. I do not think all Democrats are great.

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/historic-reparations-hearings-finally-held-by-congress/
Here's part of what they're demanding (doesn't everyone want that??):

• Free, high quality, life time education opportunities
  • Guaranteed minimum livable income
  • Healing trauma, and ensuring access and control of food, housing, and land.
  • Welcome to paradise.

Barbella

Senator
You are Joking right? There were Black slave owners. Your lame excuses from the pst do not factor anymore. The past 50 years Blacks have grown and SOME made a better life by using their rights to grow. Others sat there with their hands out and expected to be taken care of. The days of Slavery are long gone and there is no excuse for blacks not making a better life for themselves. They just have to work at it. Not our fault nor our responsibility to pay for their choices.
Despite my 'white privilege', I've worked all of my life, never had a slave, and no government entity ever gave me ANYTHING.

Nor did I ask for it.

Spamature

President
They call themselves that all the time now. They are not mistreated, they have the same rights as any other American, who have been called "Cracker, or Redneck". Get over it already.
And they call themselves that that too all the time.

You might call your wife sugar tits. But that does not give some stranger license to do so.

MaryAnne

Governor
I helped elect Trump? You're in the party that made him President. You picked the worst candidate in my lifetime. And you're blaming me for your own complete and utter screw up? You nominated Hillary and you blame libertarians for Trump?

Wow, talk about a complete failure to take responsibility for your own actions
No, I blame the loonies that voted for a third party.

MaryAnne

Governor
If, by “forward”, you mean following the pheromone trail in 100% compliance with zero personal sovereignty in abject fealty to the hive...then yes indeed.

As always, there are ZERO instances of lefty taking exception to this issue here. That was rather what I was speaking to - the permanent lack of objection to any and all Democrat HQ opinion or policy.
Say that again. Make sense the next time

MaryAnne

Governor
LOL.

MaryAnne: I'm a Democrat, but that doesn't mean that I think like Democrats on every issue!

MaryAnne: Everyone not a Democrat is a Trump supporter

What a stupid post. Not a Trump supporter or a Republican, Sweetie
Good for you then.