• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Stay at home Moms

Minotaur

Governor
It's okay I work with bullies. But thanks for the defense:eek: I think I will leave this thread also
I quit the thread because I did not want to defend you as my view is your words stand on their own merit and I would not evolve to "defending" what can be clearly read and I didn't think you'd appreciate needing defense. For me that would be like patting you on the head and I say that because I know you get it. The real issue here in the things you noted is the meat of how we teach our kids in daily family life by empowerment no different than the old blue eye/brown eye test years ago whereby a teacher assigned good traits to blue eyes and bad traits to brown eyes and the children responded in kind with treatment. The teacher than shook it up by reversing the roles of good and bad and the blue eyed children started crying. It was an amazing test. Families, men, women, children all benefit by removing role limitations as you have stated again and again. I might add that you challenged with questions that required thinking but most thought it was insulting. I get that and could not get past that. You can defend yourself but there is nothing to defend since you made it quite clear that you are not talking about one family succeeding but all families succeeding their own way no matter what role they do or don't follow. It is a cautionary tale about imprinting blue/brown eye'd children by expectations that they too have roles to abide by. As parents understanding that may be better than arguing against it. It was a pleasure reading your posts.

Last edited:

Jen

Senator
I would say at this point that it's more than just a few.

One of my brothers went to public school and his 5th grade teacher was suspended for the duration of their school year because he made a comment critical of Reagan right after Reagan had been elected. The PTA went bat-shit crazy and the school board suspended the teacher, not because he was critical of Reagan specifically but because he talked political opinion in a classroom full of 5th Graders which at that time was considered to be using a bully pulpit in order to preach to children on a subject they weren't capable of rationally discussing.

Fast forward to today (well, a few years ago). All of my kids went to Catholic school K-12 except for my youngest; His mother and I let him go to public middle school. I checked all of their homework every night and the amount of political crap in the public school textbooks he was using was astounding. For example, his 8th grade American History book had 11 pages on Hillary Clinton and "Hillarycare". No where did it mention that Hillarycare was wildly unpopular at the time and no where did it mention that Hillary Clinton at that time hadn't been elected to anything, it kept referring to her as a US Senator from New York. That same book had 6 pages on George Washington Carver...4 pages on the Revolutionary War and Thomas Jefferson? .....0 pages. That's right, zero pages for Tom.

I found several references to GOP obstructionism in his 8th grade science book along with a discussion on abortion disguised as a discussion on fetal development and his 6th grade science book had an indoctrination into AGW "theory". There was a lot more than what I've given here, I could go on for the rest of the day on this but I'll spare all of you. You're Welcome. When I found out about all of the hippy-dippy touchy-feely Progressive bullcrap that our local public high school was into I finally decided to send him back to Catholic school. He didn't want to go but what he didn't understand was that I had an obligation to make sure that he received the best education possible as do all parents. Maybe my particular public school district was just unusually bad, but I kind of doubt that they're that unusual.

I think we're way beyond the point where the wishes of the teacher matter, whether or not the teacher may be inclined to "brainwash" kids doesn't really matter if the teacher has to teach the material provided and if that material does the "brainwashing" for them.
Wow. Thanks for the insight. My kids left public schools at an early age and I'm thankful of that.............they are actually able to think things through rationally. They did go to a state university, and those are notoriously liberal, but by the time they went there they could think so nothing stupid rubbed off on them.

I had to dampen and correct some of the religious stuff they got at the private schools, but again, what I said made sense so it wasn't difficult to do.

You're right. We are way past the point where teachers are giving personal beliefs of nuttery to the kids..........it's all right there in the curriculum. My grandson won't be going to public schools. His mom went to a good private school all the way through her education and I'm pretty sure he's already on the list there. I'm sorry that the Progressives have screwed up our public schools so much. No wonder they are so dead against school choice and home schooling. Makes more sense now that I've read your post here.

Jen

Senator
I quit the thread because I did not want to defend you as my view is your words stand on their own merit and I would not evolve to "defending" what can be clearly read and I didn't think you'd appreciate needing defense. For me that would be like patting you on the head and I say that because I know you know you get it. The real issue here in the things you noted is the meat of how we teach our kids in daily family life by empowerment no different than the old blue eye/brown eye test years ago whereby a teacher assigned good traits to blue eyes and bad traits to brown eyes and the children responded in kind with treatment. The teacher than shook it up by reversing the roles of good and bad and the blue eyed children started crying. It was an amazing test. Families, men, women, children all benefit by removing role limitations as you have stated again and again. I might add that you challenged with questions that required thinking but most thought it was insulting. I get that and could not get past that. You can defend yourself but there is nothing to defend since you made it quite clear that you are not talking about one family succeeding but all families succeeding their own way no matter what role they do or don't follow. It is a cautionary tale about imprinting blue/brown eye'd children by expectations that they too have roles to abide by. As parents understanding that may be better than arguing against it. It was a pleasure reading your posts.
I don't understand why we have to have set roles. In this house we are just people and we all do what needs to be done. We do joke about "that's a girl's job" or "that's a man's job" but it's a joke here and it elicits eye rolling. I've been chastised over and over by Renee (and maybe you, Min) for being stuck in some sort of role thing when no such thing exists. I'm a little sick of someone making up stuff about me just to tell me I'm wrong. But............ I'm not surprised. And others here are quite capable of seeing what is really happening, so I'll leave you to your high-fiving over something you pretend exists just because I and others like me don't feel all angry and bitter about womens' plight.

Minotaur

Governor
I don't understand why we have to have set roles. In this house we are just people and we all do what needs to be done. We do joke about "that's a girl's job" or "that's a man's job" but it's a joke here and it elicits eye rolling. I've been chastised over and over by Renee (and maybe you, Min) for being stuck in some sort of role thing when no such thing exists. I'm a little sick of someone making up stuff about me just to tell me I'm wrong. But............ I'm not surprised. And others here are quite capable of seeing what is really happening, so I'll leave you to your high-fiving over something you pretend exists just because I and others like me don't feel all angry and bitter about womens' plight.
I think I made it very clear that I respect the life you have carved out so I can't answer that and whatever you and Renee discussed is so filled with emotion and reaction at this point I would not even try to sort it out. I can't spend all my time trying to build you up for things I haven't said. What I will say is what I have said, unrelated to you, the role designations based on expectations of being feminine or masculine based are not a relationship that fits well with all families because of the dynamic issues that exist today. It does work where it works so that is why no one can really speak for or against what is working. Don't be so sensitive as I am not attacking you, just calling it as I see it.

Jen

Senator
I think I made it very clear that I respect the life you have carved out so I can't answer that and whatever you and Renee discussed is so filled with emotion and reaction at this point I would not even try to sort it out. I can't spend all my time trying to build you up for things I haven't said. What I will say is what I have said, unrelated to you, the role designations based on expectations of being feminine or masculine based are not a relationship that fits well with all families because of the dynamic issues that exist today. It does work where it works so that is why no one can really speak for or against what is working. Don't be so sensitive as I am not attacking you, just calling it as I see it.
I'm not being "sensitive" just because I try to correct thing that are presumed that aren't true. While this may (or may not) be an emotional posting subject for Renee, it is not one for me. I'm not all worked up about the feminist thing either way. There are things that I get passionate about (abuse of children, animals and old people) but feminism isn't one of those things. I didn't feel you were attacking me. Renee, however, said words that indicate she was defensive and, thus, in some sort of attack mode.

Renee

Governor
I quit the thread because I did not want to defend you as my view is your words stand on their own merit and I would not evolve to "defending" what can be clearly read and I didn't think you'd appreciate needing defense. For me that would be like patting you on the head and I say that because I know you get it. The real issue here in the things you noted is the meat of how we teach our kids in daily family life by empowerment no different than the old blue eye/brown eye test years ago whereby a teacher assigned good traits to blue eyes and bad traits to brown eyes and the children responded in kind with treatment. The teacher than shook it up by reversing the roles of good and bad and the blue eyed children started crying. It was an amazing test. Families, men, women, children all benefit by removing role limitations as you have stated again and again. I might add that you challenged with questions that required thinking but most thought it was insulting. I get that and could not get past that. You can defend yourself but there is nothing to defend since you made it quite clear that you are not talking about one family succeeding but all families succeeding their own way no matter what role they do or don't follow. It is a cautionary tale about imprinting blue/brown eye'd children by expectations that they too have roles to abide by. As parents understanding that may be better than arguing against it. It was a pleasure reading your posts.

I knew you got it and I appreciate it. I did something similar to that experiment of blue eyes and brown eyes in my prejudice class and I might've shared it here but I will again. Since all my students had brown eyes I could not divide them By eyecolor Instead I made it a lesson on scapegoating. I made sure that it was okay with parents And I gave my students the options not to participate. They all wanted to be scapegoats so I told them to put their hands down because scapegoats do not have a choice and I then picked names out of a hat. I told the scapegoats they were not to sit with others in the cafeteria and I had my colleagues take part in it and not pay attention to the scapegoats. I also told my students that if they saw the scapegoat socializing to tell me and I would give them an extra point. The goal of the lesson was for the scapegoats to tell us how terriblethey felt . But instead it turned out to be the most powerful lesson I ever gave, and strictly by accident. It's obvious how to scapegoats would feel but what we learned is how we felt scapegoating them. We actually got a pleasure telling them to get away, Wonderful kids came up to me and ratted out the scapegoats. It was a collective inflection that turned out into oppressors....and we got pleasure from doing that. We were "us" and they were "them". My favorite response was from a parent who had heard about the lesson and did the same thing in her church. We can all be mean and get carried away and do things we didnt think we were capable of.

Minotaur

Governor
I knew you got it and I appreciate it. I did something similar to that experiment of blue eyes and brown eyes in my prejudice class and I might've shared it here but I will again. Since all my students had brown eyes I could not divide them By eyecolor Instead I made it a lesson on scapegoating. I made sure that it was okay with parents And I gave my students the options not to participate. They all wanted to be scapegoats so I told them to put their hands down because scapegoats do not have a choice and I then picked names out of a hat. I told the scapegoats they were not to sit with others in the cafeteria and I had my colleagues take part in it and not pay attention to the scapegoats. I also told my students that if they saw the scapegoat socializing to tell me and I would give them an extra point. The goal of the lesson was for the scapegoats to tell us how terriblethey felt . But instead it turned out to be the most powerful lesson I ever gave, and strictly by accident. It's obvious how to scapegoats would feel but what we learned is how we felt scapegoating them. We actually got a pleasure telling them to get away, Wonderful kids came up to me and ratted out the scapegoats. It was a collective inflection that turned out into oppressors....and we got pleasure from doing that. We were "us" and they were "them". My favorite response was from a parent who had heard about the lesson and did the same thing in her church. We can all be mean and get carried away and do things we didnt think we were capable of.
I love it! Not sure the eye color test covered that result but how powerful is that to discover oppression felt good. The need to fit in AND the need to please are most present in children but it doesn't fully disappear in most people's lifetime.

As an aside, do you ever watch the show: What Would You Do? Your test loosely reminded me of this but it shows one on one reactions to different situations on a wider range of human responses for adults. If you haven't seen it, look for it.

Renee

Governor
I love it! Not sure the eye color test covered that result but how powerful is that to discover oppression felt good. The need to fit in AND the need to please are most present in children but it doesn't fully disappear in most people's lifetime.

As an aside, do you ever watch the show: What Would You Do? Your test loosely reminded me of this but it shows one on one reactions to different situations on a wider range of human responses for adults. If you haven't seen it, look for it.

Yes I have seen it....I know what you would do, probably.....but as I learned from that lesson...one never knows.

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
I thought they went to Catholic school because you did not like pure mediation, that's what you said earlier. I work with lots of Catholic schools and some are good and some absolutely awful the same way some public schools are good and some public schools are awful. For some reason when parents are paying for the children's education they believe the schools are better. The constant complaint I hear from the Catholic school principals is that they lose their best teachers every year. The reason for that is once they pass the teachers exam they leave to make a lot more money. Most of the teachers seem to be older women who do not need to work and it hardly means they are better teacher. I find it so interesting that what your children's school experiences in the public schools were all hippie dippy and politically left. Sorry me I question your veracity.
renee you replied to a post from el gringo where he discussed the way the democratic teachers cartel have been systimatically lieing/changeing/rewriteing / removeing important historical facts...and yet make no mention of the content of it...you ignore it, not try to refute what he says, but deny by omission,

thats why we as a country have young people graduating from college w/o the basic skills required to work at min wage jobs..the do not know who tomas jefferson was, nor what part he played in our country,,,but they "know" that a African American named carver invented peanut butter....guess what? he didnt.

you claim to be a teacher,,and that is a noble profession,,,but
when the teacher omits, ignores, and actively seeks to suppress the truth in order to push some political agenda, and thus keep
their students ignorant to their countrys beginnings,,,the teacher becomes the oppressor, denying knowledge in order to
supress the truth at the expense of the very ones they vow to educate...

warning: if you know anything about civil wars, govt, suppresson, opression,,,in each case in every country,,,,,they killed the teachers first...thats history,,,true history,,it happened many many times...

teachers? manipulators, and many are so uneducated themselves,,they dont even know the very things they are supposed to teach...

the democrats teacher cartel should be exposed and humiliated for the fraud it has perpetrated on all of us,,,for over 50 years..
there is no longer honesty in the teaching profession...and the shit that will invaribly come as we pump out more uneducated graduates, unable to compete with the rest of the world, and unable to find work because their teachers failed to prepare them because the teachers thought more about themselves, than the ones they vowed to help...
eventually, and absolutely, that fail will be placed correctly, at the feet of the frauds... and the ones denied an education, yet still owe 50k,,,will demand the REAL TRUTH,,and satisfaction...

oicu812

"Trust, but Verify"
Wow. Thanks for the insight. My kids left public schools at an early age and I'm thankful of that.............they are actually able to think things through rationally. They did go to a state university, and those are notoriously liberal, but by the time they went there they could think so nothing stupid rubbed off on them.

I had to dampen and correct some of the religious stuff they got at the private schools, but again, what I said made sense so it wasn't difficult to do.

You're right. We are way past the point where teachers are giving personal beliefs of nuttery to the kids..........it's all right there in the curriculum. My grandson won't be going to public schools. His mom went to a good private school all the way through her education and I'm pretty sure he's already on the list there. I'm sorry that the Progressives have screwed up our public schools so much. No wonder they are so dead against school choice and home schooling. Makes more sense now that I've read your post here.
why does the teachers union fight so hard to refute the value of
private, charter schools?
the union loses money? why not...but if the private schools continue to better educate its students and the public school sys continues to fail,,,one of the dunderheads in charge will wake up...then the charade is over...and the truth is revealed...

Reactions: Jen