• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Time to pull American Military bases out of Germany

justoffal

Senator
Since Merkel and her band of Isis loving free Loaders think that they have better things to do with their money than to defend their own country I say put them in charge of it.

The Germans have reportedly laughed at Trump's request that they step up their spending to 2% of the GDP.

Let's see them laugh with the prospect of a rapidly growing Russian military power staring them in the face right across the border.

Jo

Last edited:

Days

Commentator
When was the last unprovoked Russian invasion of Germany?
So why are we stationing all those troops since WWII ???

If they don't need defense, let's use our men and hardware where they are needed... South China Sea mess comes to mind.

Even my 19 year old son is saying the obvious in my left ear: everyone over there facing Russia needs our presence, Germany just doesn't want to pay for it.

So why are we stationing all those troops since WWII ???

If they don't need defense, let's use our men and hardware where they are needed... South China Sea mess comes to mind.

Even my 19 year old son is saying the obvious in my left ear: everyone over there facing Russia needs our presence, Germany just doesn't want to pay for it.
I see Russia responding to NATO aggression on its borders.
Why not eliminated NATO and bring most US troops back to the Homeland?

Days

Commentator
I see Russia responding to NATO aggression on its borders.
Why not eliminated NATO and bring most US troops back to the Homeland?
I see the same, but Germany wants our military presence, and they especially want it deployed in Poland, they just don't want to ante up their fare share to NATO.

I see the same, but Germany wants our military presence, and they especially want it deployed in Poland, they just don't want to ante up their fare share to NATO.

I believe NATO only makes the world a more unstable place today; the alliance should have disappeared when the Berlin Wall came down.

If there is one place on the planet the US military could advance world peace, it would be in Palestine, but that doesn't seem to be on the agenda.

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Since Merkel and her band of Isis loving free Loaders think that they have better things to do with their money than to defend their own country I say put them in charge of it.

The Germans have reportedly laughed at Trump's request that they step up their spending to 2% of the GDP.

Let's see them laugh with the prospect of a rapidly growing Russian military power staring them in the face right across the border.

Jo
I agree completely, who actually gives a shit if the Russians overrun Germany? I don't. They did it once, and they can do it again. I'd be in favor of pulling out every last one of our people and all of our equipment.

Days

Commentator
I agree completely, who actually gives a shit if the Russians overrun Germany? I don't. They did it once, and they can do it again. I'd be in favor of pulling out every last one of our people and all of our equipment.
Merkel is NWO ... she worships the devil, there's nothing there to work with. If you ask me, just move everything into Poland and the Baltics... let Germany fend for herself. Poland and the Baltics need the muscle. kill 2 birds with one stone.

BobbyT

Governor

Jo
There are distinct advantages to the US for having military bases in various parts of the world. Not just as staging areas or receiving areas for wounded American military personal, but also because there are certain types of testing and training available in other parts of the world that can't be wholly replicated in the US. We would be losing significant tactical and strategic advantage if we pulled out from all the bases we have throughout the world.

justoffal

Senator
There are distinct advantages to the US for having military bases in various parts of the world. Not just as staging areas or receiving areas for wounded American military personal, but also because there are certain types of testing and training available in other parts of the world that can't be wholly replicated in the US. We would be losing significant tactical and strategic advantage if we pulled out from all the bases we have throughout the world.
I'm quite sure you're correct about that. It makes a certain type of provable and logical sense. Still with the type of disrespect being shown not only to our American president but also to the United States as a nation I think we can spare the few bases we have in Germany and relocate them nearby somewhere else.

Germany is vastly more wealthy than any other country in Europe they can easily afford to look after themselves. Apparently that's the way they feel too. So since their shit don't stink they no longer need the services backwoods unwashed Americans yah?

Jo

Last edited:

BobbyT

Governor
I'm quite sure you're correct about that. It makes a certain type of provable and logical sense. Still with the type of disrespect being shown not only to our American president but also to the United States as a nation I think we can spare the few bases we have in Germany and relocate them nearby somewhere else.

Germany is vastly more wealthy than any other country in Europe they can easily afford to look after themselves. Apparently that's the way they feel too.

Jo
The cost to relocate them would be incredible. Very little of what we do in Germany has anything to do with German defense. If Donald weren't so petty, and obvious and sulky about it, he wouldn't be the laughingstock of the world that he's become. Really, what would it have taken for him to have shaken Merkel's hand at the end of the meeting? His embarrassing refusal to do so, to an ally, was petulant and childish and not for the good of the country. He didn't stop for one second to think of any wider implications. He thinks he's in charge of the greatest military in the world and therefore doesn't need any allies. He's wrong about that. We need allies and we need trading partners. Donald is on a trajectory to lose us both.

Jen

Senator
Russia would be better for Germany than the barbarians from the ME that Germany is inviting in right now. But that's not saying much. I say .........give it over. I'm not even certain it's a decent duty station anymore.

justoffal

Senator
The cost to relocate them would be incredible. Very little of what we do in Germany has anything to do with German defense. If Donald weren't so petty, and obvious and sulky about it, he wouldn't be the laughingstock of the world that he's become. Really, what would it have taken for him to have shaken Merkel's hand at the end of the meeting? His embarrassing refusal to do so, to an ally, was petulant and childish and not for the good of the country. He didn't stop for one second to think of any wider implications. He thinks he's in charge of the greatest military in the world and therefore doesn't need any allies. He's wrong about that. We need allies and we need trading partners. Donald is on a trajectory to lose us both.
Fucxk her.... She has done Nothing but bxitch, moan and piss ever since he was elected.

Why the hell should he shake her hand? What she needed to do was offer an apology since apparently she is so much more well-informed on world affairs and World etiquette.

We don't have to move immediately we just begin standing down and allocating resources to other bases in other places that need them more. With each troop rotation you simply rotate a smaller and smaller number. It doesn't have to be difficult and it does not have to be expensive. My guess is that halfway through the process Germany would wake up and step up to the plate with the money.

Wether our activities there have to do with German defense or not our presence there as a deterrent to anyone who would decide to invade that country with our troops embedded therein. It is very expensive for us to support those bases remotely; asking her to contribute her fair share from a surplus economy should pose no problem and if it does then obviously it is time to reconsider our presence there.

Jo

Last edited:

BobbyT

Governor
Russia would be better for Germany than the barbarians from the ME that Germany is inviting in right now. But that's not saying much. I say .........give it over. I'm not even certain it's a decent duty station anymore.
Germany is not a duty station; there are multiple duty stations in Germany. If you think they're not decent you haven't been there lately. I have and the ones I've been to are great. As are the places and people nearby. So are the ones I've been to in Spain, Italy, and Belgium. There's a lot of great work going on, to benefit the US on many strategic and tactical fronts. We would lose more than Germany would if we left. Money is not the only decider of what's important.

justoffal

Senator
The Germans think we are idiots.
I work with a G-national.

Jo

Reactions: Jen

BobbyT

Governor
Fucxk her.... She has done Nothing but bxitch, moan and piss ever since he was elected.

Why the hell should he shake her hand? What she needed to do was offer an apology since apparently she is so much more well-informed on world affairs and World etiquette.

We don't have to move immediately we just begin standing down and allocating resources to other bases in other places that need them more.

Wether our activities there have to do with German defense or not our presence there as a deterrent to anyone who would decide to invade that country with our troops embedded therein. It is very expensive for us to support those bases remotely; asking her to contribute her fair share from a surplus economy should pose no problem and if it does then obviously it is time to reconsider our presence there.

Jo
Why should he shake her hand? Well, to be gracious for one. To act the better person (as though that were in his skill set). To maintain diplomacy. Being a petulant child may be the way to get your subordinates to follow you when you're the owner of a company. Donald has much, much broader responsibilities than that now. He needs to learn to act like a man, not a temper tantrum throwing toddler. We get more from our presence in Germany than it gets from us and what we get is well worth the cost of troops there.

The primary deterrence to invading Germany is NATO, not the US alone. France, the UK, Spain, Denmark, etc., are much closer and would be immediately threatened by an attack on Germany.

Spamature

President

Jo
Trump has Tillerson blowing off the opening meeting of NATO so he can be there when they both meet their real boss Putin. So let's not pretend that Trump is taking our alliances seriously.