• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

American ballotry...

It would be no more secure than any other database system.
An immutable decentralized ledger is exactly what the nutjobs are asking for.
Voting via the block chain would give the right-wingers what exactly they want, and it would making voting more accessible.

Everybody is a winner by moving to the block chain.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
An immutable decentralized ledger is exactly what the nutjobs are asking for.
Voting via the block chain would give the right-wingers what exactly they want, and it would making voting more accessible.

Everybody is a winner by moving to the block chain.
I don't think you understand the big picture.

1. Blockchain is a database. As such it controls the storage of records.
2. A program or group of programs access the data in a blockchain through function calls to read, update or delete records.

We currently have a database in each state which has voter registration info as well as election specific info. What you suggest could be more easily implemented in the software that the states currently use. I have actually had access to the voter database in Colorado.

The biggest difference is that at least one of the election fraud proponents is the suggestion that a person's actual choice would be stored in the database. In fact, if there were a breach of security in a blockchain database then someone could have access to how you voted. The potential for intimidation of voters is too great and the benefit too vague.

God of War

Governor
No need to make it that difficult.
Every reason to make it that wonderful of an experience rather than a closeted, airless, humorless, misanthropic way as you'd have it. Too afraid to go out in public to do your civic duty? Why? Aren't you a citizen? Only reason not to do it in a public and civic way.

Every reason to make it that wonderful of an experience rather than a closeted, airless, humorless, misanthropic way as you'd have it. Too afraid to go out in public to do your civic duty? Why? Aren't you a citizen? Only reason not to do it in a public and civic way.
Too lazy. I'll just vote from the comfort of my own home, and it will count just as much as anyone else's vote.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Standing in a line is a wonderful experience? Nah. Feel free, if you like. For me, I like convenience. I like to go over my ballot at my desk with the resources of the internet to research any measure or candidate I am not sure of.

God of War

Governor
Standing in a line is a wonderful experience?
Sounds like you commit suicide every time you stand in line at the grocery store. How nice are you to the cashier when it's finally your turn? Not much, huh?

Nah. Feel free, if you like. For me, I like convenience. I like to go over my ballot at my desk with the resources of the internet to research any measure or candidate I am not sure of.
Still can do it and then walk to the precinct to get er done. Desperate? Use your smartphone. Either way know that your walk secures trust in the republic and while you rot at home you rot that trust.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you commit suicide every time you stand in line at the grocery store. How nice are you to the cashier when it's finally your turn? Not much, huh?

Still can do it and then walk to the precinct to get er done. Desperate? Use your smartphone. Either way know that your walk secures trust in the republic and while you rot at home you rot that trust.
like overseas military votes....?

Nobody cares if you trust the election or not.

God of War

Governor
Nobody cares if you trust the election or not.
Me? How about tens of millions? Just cause @middleview agrees with you? ha ha

Here's a clue. Is this what you want? Protest in the millions going on for 29 days now?
The military committing itself in the process?

middleview

President
Supporting Member

You think I should vote in person to make you feel better about democracy? Nah. Your goal is to minimize participation. That helps republicans win elections.

Since we went to absentee ballots in Colorado our voter participation has dramatically improved.

Meanwhile, in spite of all efforts to prove fraud, you've failed. The proponents of the big lie have failed. Deal with it.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Me? How about tens of millions? Just cause @middleview agrees with you? ha ha

Here's a clue. Is this what you want? Protest in the millions going on for 29 days now?
The military committing itself in the process?

More American voters agree with me than with you.

God of War

Governor
You think I should vote in person to make you feel better about democracy? Nah. Your goal is to minimize participation. That helps republicans win elections.

Since we went to absentee ballots in Colorado our voter participation has dramatically improved.

Meanwhile, in spite of all efforts to prove fraud, you've failed. The proponents of the big lie have failed. Deal with it.
Your goal is to make an election loosey goosey so you can steal it.

God of War

Governor
More American voters agree with me than with you.
And you're going by polls? ha ha

Regardless. I linked you to Brazil and its results. Notice how inconvenient it is to protest in the millions, to HAVE protests in the millions, and to have a looming military intervention.

Besides if the Frenchmen can do it I'm sure you can too. Or get yourself a disabled designation on your ID and mail your opinion in via USPS.