• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Another one bites the dust...

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
You wrote this...
This is your prototypical fact free opinion piece,

But edited out the link to facts that refuted what you posted....you continue to post about excess deaths in Sweden, but ignore the facts related to just Covid deaths.
There were no facts. At least not relevant ones. They were cherry picked, as I demonstrated with the actual facts about all cause mortality. After all, it's overall deaths we're concerned with, right? Or do you consider non-covid deaths unremarkable?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
There were no facts. At least not relevant ones. They were cherry picked, as I demonstrated with the actual facts about all cause mortality. After all, it's overall deaths we're concerned with, right? Or do you consider non-covid deaths unremarkable?
1. So there were no facts, because they were about covid deaths...
2. Because you didn't like them you deleted the link to them.
3. And then claimed there were no facts at all....and then argued that the one line in my reply was accidentally deleted.

You lied and got caught, Raoul. We were talking about lock downs, wearing masks and getting vaccinated...and somehow you want to argue about unrelated deaths?

Raoul_Luke

1. So there were no facts, because they were about covid deaths...
2. Because you didn't like them you deleted the link to them.
3. And then claimed there were no facts at all....and then argued that the one line in my reply was accidentally deleted.

You lied and got caught, Raoul. We were talking about lock downs, wearing masks and getting vaccinated...and somehow you want to argue about unrelated deaths?
There were facts - just not any that were relevant. Unless you are just trying to score cheap points on technical (but meaningless) arguments. I deleted it by accident - sheesh. I addressed what was in your link.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
There were facts - just not any that were relevant. Unless you are just trying to score cheap points on technical (but meaningless) arguments. I deleted it by accident - sheesh. I addressed what was in your link.
We were talking about face masks and quarantines. You attempted to bring unrelated statistics on deaths not related to covid.

Just how did you delete the very last line in my reply within the quotes. Yeah, it was an accident. Then you claim I didn't provide facts because without the link it makes it look like I provided no verifiable information. How about editing your post to include the link in the quote of my post? If it was a mistake, fix it.

How you think statistics on Covid deaths are not related or meaningless is simply bizarre. You have completely failed to actually express how the excess numbers prove that Sweden had less deaths than countries with more extreme measures dealing with the pandemic. Just a lot of smoke, no fire.

Raoul_Luke

We were talking about face masks and quarantines. You attempted to bring unrelated statistics on deaths not related to covid.

Just how did you delete the very last line in my reply within the quotes. Yeah, it was an accident. Then you claim I didn't provide facts because without the link it makes it look like I provided no verifiable information. How about editing your post to include the link in the quote of my post? If it was a mistake, fix it.

How you think statistics on Covid deaths are not related or meaningless is simply bizarre. You have completely failed to actually express how the excess numbers prove that Sweden had less deaths than countries with more extreme measures dealing with the pandemic. Just a lot of smoke, no fire.
LOL! I addressed your "verifiable" information, so the idea that I was hiding from your superior data, that is a lie. It did not provide any facts - simply an assertion that "masks work."

The "unrelated stats on deaths not related to covid" demonstrate that your cherry picking only those deaths to make Sweden look bad was disingenuous. Their covid deaths were higher for one reason only - their all cause mortality in the prior year was abnormally low, leaving them with a much larger cohort of older and sicker people when the pandemic hit. And, as we know, those were overwhelmingly the people who were dying from Covid. Facts are facts, and the fact is that if their hands off approach toward the pandemic really caused a bunch of their perfectly healthy people to die, their overall all cause mortality would not be the best in the world over the time period covering before during and after that pandemic.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
LOL! I addressed your "verifiable" information, so the idea that I was hiding from your superior data, that is a lie. It did not provide any facts - simply an assertion that "masks work."

The "unrelated stats on deaths not related to covid" demonstrate that your cherry picking only those deaths to make Sweden look bad was disingenuous. Their covid deaths were higher for one reason only - their all cause mortality in the prior year was abnormally low, leaving them with a much larger cohort of older and sicker people when the pandemic hit. And, as we know, those were overwhelmingly the people who were dying from Covid. Facts are facts, and the fact is that if their hands off approach toward the pandemic really caused a bunch of their perfectly healthy people to die, their overall all cause mortality would not be the best in the world over the time period covering before during and after that pandemic.
F*cking hilarious...so all those people waited to die from covid?
Somehow you went from Sweden did better without any special measures during covid...no quarantine, no masks...to admitting their covid deaths were higher, but those people should have died in 2019...

Raoul_Luke

F*cking hilarious...so all those people waited to die from covid?
Somehow you went from Sweden did better without any special measures during covid...no quarantine, no masks...to admitting their covid deaths were higher, but those people should have died in 2019...
They were waiting to die from something as they were (essentially) living on borrowed time. Answer the simple question - if their covid deaths were so massive, why didn't their (average) all cause mortality surge over the three years before during and after the pandemic?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
They were waiting to die from something as they were (essentially) living on borrowed time. Answer the simple question - if their covid deaths were so massive, why didn't their (average) all cause mortality surge over the three years before during and after the pandemic?
If? You claimed Sweden had the same results without masking or any sort of lockdown...their covid deaths were higher.

EatTheRich

President

Aren’t older, sicker people more likely to die of heart attacks and strokes too? If that was really the cause of Sweden’s sky-high rate of Covid deaths after following your preferred policy, wouldn’t heart attack deaths and stroke deaths the same year have been sky-high as well?

Raoul_Luke

Aren’t older, sicker people more likely to die of heart attacks and strokes too? If that was really the cause of Sweden’s sky-high rate of Covid deaths after following your preferred policy, wouldn’t heart attack deaths and stroke deaths the same year have been sky-high as well?
If your point is that younger people were the ones dying in abnormally higher rates (from drug ODs & suicide) due to the lockdowns, then we agree. If your point was that a very high percentage of "natural cause" deaths were counted as covid fatalities, then yes, we agree again - thanks!

Number_58

I'm one of the deplorables lefty warns you about.
You can't post without inserting Trump and I don't give a damn what your son did at the eatery.

How do people eat with a mask on?
That's covered too...they just can't exhale when they take a bite of their food. It's a rule.

Screenshot_20230326_180630_DuckDuckGo.jpg

EatTheRich

President
If your point is that younger people were the ones dying in abnormally higher rates (from drug ODs & suicide) due to the lockdowns, then we agree. If your point was that a very high percentage of "natural cause" deaths were counted as covid fatalities, then yes, we agree again - thanks!
No. My point was obviously that Sweden’s sky-high rate of Covid deaths is explained by policy, not demography or accounting.