• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

BLM riots versus Jan 6

Zam-Zam

Senator
I think people who spend their time outraged have too much time on their hands. Maybe they need something to help them adjust to society. Maybe learn how sane people live.

Some people wake up offended in the morning I suppose.

For some others, I believe a good deal of outrage is phony.

And some are actually outraged if you're not outraged. They think that's outrageous.

:)

Zam-Zam

Senator
Food for thought for all those who believe being outraged is a virtue:

Top Democrats keep emailing me to tell me how angry they are. They’re asking for money, and people apparently donate more if those seeking handouts are in a rage.

I mentioned recently that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) asked me for support on the grounds that she was made “sick to [her] stomach” by originalist Supreme Court justices moving to overturn the “constitutional right to abortion.”

Then, the "Ragin’ Cajun," Democratic operative James Carville, emailed me saying he was “furious.” That was his one-word headline. “I’m so damn angry,” he went on, “I can hardly type this message to you.”

A flunky doubtless typed it for him, which is an amusing irony but beside the point. The salient thing is that Col. Cueball, like Pelosi, thinks it’s persuasive that his feelings are running high. On the Left, anger is seen as self-justifying. Fury is its own excuse. If you’re throwing a fit, you must be right. Rage or nausea make your argument unassailable.

This exactly fits Allan Bloom’s landmark 1987 analysis The Closing of the American Mind. He saw that university leftism was dragging America into a sort of anti-rational imbecility that displaced reason with emotion, and he noted that “civilization or, to say the same thing, education, is the taming of the soul’s raw passions.” He added, “Indignation or rage was the vivid passion characterizing those in the grip of a new moral experience.”

Complete text: The unbearable rightness of being a Democrat (washingtonexaminer.com)

Hey, those folks who stormed the Capitol steps, they were outraged, weren't they?

:D

Spamature

President
Do you find my like of outrage outrageous?

:)
Disappointing.

Would you feel the same if soldiers stormed a base's headquarters because they didn't like the choice of who would be in command ?

How about storming a church because the sermon was not the sermon they wanted to hear ?

They are the parents who attacked the refs because their kid didn't get the trophy they wanted him or her to have.

The fact that there was an attempt to destroy democracy in this country should outrage everyone.

I begged you guys to get off the crazy train years ago.
But here you are now with a forever railroad pass.

It's just sad, is all.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Disappointing.

Would you feel the same if soldiers stormed a base's headquarters because they didn't like the choice of who would be in command ?

How about storming a church because the sermon was not the sermon they wanted to hear ?

They are the parents who attacked the refs because their kid didn't get the trophy they wanted him or her to have.

The fact that there was an attempt to destroy democracy in this country should outrage everyone.

I begged you guys to get off the crazy train years ago.
But here you are now with a forever railroad pass.

It's just sad, is all.
Outrage doesn't solve anything. It is not a virtue. The people who stormed the capitol were outraged, were they not? Is that to be admired?

Life is better when cooler heads prevail.

Don't tell that to someone is busy being outraged though - They don't have their listening ears on.

And that's not good.

I challenge the notion that most Americans spend their time being outraged.

I do believe that people who are outraged naturally assume most people feel the same way they do.
I did not say that most Americans ”spend their time being outraged” Zam. What I did say is that most Americans were and are outraged and disgusted by what Trump did leading up to that debacle and what the band of morons he whipped into a frenzy did that day. How much time does that take? I hope that spectacle along with the SCOTUS opinion creates a huge turnout in the midterms which will sweep the Trumpists out of power for good. If not, I guess it’s like they say...we will get the government we deserve. Either way, you won’t find me crying about it. Like my father used to say....You get what you get!

Spamature

President
Food for thought for all those who believe being outraged is a virtue:

Top Democrats keep emailing me to tell me how angry they are. They’re asking for money, and people apparently donate more if those seeking handouts are in a rage.

I mentioned recently that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) asked me for support on the grounds that she was made “sick to [her] stomach” by originalist Supreme Court justices moving to overturn the “constitutional right to abortion.”

Then, the "Ragin’ Cajun," Democratic operative James Carville, emailed me saying he was “furious.” That was his one-word headline. “I’m so damn angry,” he went on, “I can hardly type this message to you.”

A flunky doubtless typed it for him, which is an amusing irony but beside the point. The salient thing is that Col. Cueball, like Pelosi, thinks it’s persuasive that his feelings are running High. On the Left, anger is seen as self-justifying. Fury is its own excuse. If you’re throwing a fit, you must be right. Rage or nausea make your argument unassailable.

This exactly fits Allan Bloom’s landmark 1987 analysis The Closing of the American Mind. He saw that university leftism was dragging America into a sort of anti-rational imbecility that displaced reason with emotion, and he noted that “civilization or, to say the same thing, education, is the taming of the soul’s raw passions.” He added, “Indignation or rage was the vivid passion characterizing those in the grip of a new moral experience.”

Complete text: The unbearable rightness of being a Democrat (washingtonexaminer.com)

Hey, those folks who stormed the Capitol steps, they were outraged, weren't they?

:D
Junk food for thought is more like it.

There are a host of economic and societal reason why abortion is a plus for women and society in general.

The only reason to be against it IS "a sort of anti-rational imbecility that displaced reason with emotion" or a dogmatic adherence to a religious belief you want to force upon others.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I did not say that most Americans ”spend their time being outraged” Zam. What I did say is that most Americans were and are outraged and disgusted by what Trump did leading up to that debacle and what the band of morons he whipped into a frenzy did that day. How much time does that take? I hope that spectacle along with the SCOTUS opinion creates a huge turnout in the midterms which will sweep the Trumpists out of power for good. If not, I guess it’s like they say...we will get the government we deserve. Either way, you won’t find me crying about it. Like my father used to say....You get what you get!
Mea Culpa.

Pew Research, however, begs to differ:

Fewer Americans now say Trump bears a lot of responsibility for the Jan. 6 riot

Fewer now say Trump bears a lot of responsibility for Jan. 6 riot at Capitol | Pew Research Center

Spamature

President
Outrage doesn't solve anything. It is not a virtue. The people who stormed the capitol were outraged, were they not? Is that to be admired?

Don't tell that to someone is busy being outraged though - They don't have their listening ears on.

And that's not good.
And they would have been doing the right thing.

Except they did it based upon a flat out LIE meant only to fool them into supporting and participating in a coup to overthrow the govt.

You should be outraged at the coup and at being lie to, and especially at the people who tried to use people like you to complete their coup.

You said you put on a uniform to serve this country.

Yet, it doesn't outrage you that they put on a hoax to steal your country from you.

Zam-Zam

Senator
And they would have been doing the right thing.

Except they did it based upon a flat out LIE meant only to fool them into supporting and participating in a coup to overthrow the govt.

You should be outraged at the coup and at being lie to, and especially at the people who tried to use people like you to complete their coup.

You said you put on a uniform to serve this country.

Yet, it doesn't outrage you that they put on a hoax to steal your country from you.

Nah. I'm good.

Enjoy the tantrum.

And that's not good.
There are different ways of dealing with outrage. Some destructive and stupid like crashing into a place, assaulting police officers and threatening to kill congressmen and the VP and demanding that the guy who lost the election be declared the winner. And another way would be to publicize and remind all the voters what these people did in order to create a groundswell of citizens to rise up, vote and expel those who supported that debacle from every level of government

Zam-Zam

Senator
There are different ways of dealing with outrage. Some destructive and stupid like crashing into a place, assaulting police officers and threatening to kill congressmen and the VP and demanding that the guy who lost the election be declared the winner. And another way would be to publicize and remind all the voters what these people did in order to create a groundswell of citizens to rise up, vote and expel those who supported that debacle from every level of government
Yep.

Nah. I'm good.

Enjoy the tantrum.
I would not characterize the well reasoned backlash that is occurring after the “stop the steal” hissy fit and violent attack on our democratic system as a tantrum. Maybe if the Germans had pushed back hard enough after Hitler promoted Chrystalnacht and started screaming that the free press was “The Enemy Of The People” we could have avoided the carnage of the Holocaust and WW II.....

Zam-Zam

Senator
I would not characterize the well reasoned backlash that is occurring after the “stop the steal” hissy fit and violent attack on our democratic system as a tantrum. Maybe if the Germans had pushed back hard enough after Hitler promoted Chrystalnacht and started screaming that the free press was “The Enemy Of The People” we could have avoided the carnage of the Holocaust and WW II.....
He's having a fit, because I'm not going to hate all the people he wants me to hate. That's why the bold face, etc.

So best just to let him rant on about how awful he thinks people are.

He's having a fit, because I'm not going to hate all the people he wants me to hate. That's why the bold face, etc.

So best just to let him rant on about how awful he thinks people are.
I guess it’s a personal deal between you two...That said, I still stand by what I wrote. Thanks