• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

DirecTV drops OAN

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Heh. An entire strand FULL of supposed “liberals” cheering this stuff.

I’ve never seen a broadcast of OAN, but you guys had better NEVER refer to yourselves as “liberal” ever again. Illiberal leftists, certainly.
Please explain that opinion. Oann is the Trump Propaganda flagship...Info Wars was his second favorite.

I watched OAN once, only because my father-in-law had it on. Tin Foil hat territory. You'd like it.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
If you've never watched OAN, you should take a pass from commenting in this thread.
Nope. I don’t have the right to pass judgment on who gets a voice. No liberal does. I think communists should be able to have their own channel if they want to and can muster the resources. De-platforming and silencing voices indicates weakness, intolerance, and an inherently non-pluralistic impulse befitting extremist fundamentalists. You guys are increasingly the new Ashcrofts.

Hard to believe that there isn’t ONE among you who dissents on the matter. THAT ALONE demonstrates that you’re not independent, free-thinking, question-everything liberals.

At all.

And, because you guys no longer check yourselves in the mirror…ever…there is no argument or appeal that you’d ever hear. Just mow thru. As always.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
Please explain that opinion. Oann is the Trump Propaganda flagship...Info Wars was his second favorite.

I watched OAN once, only because my father-in-law had it on. Tin Foil hat territory. You'd like it.
I know nothing about OAN. I simply don’t favor shutting down voices. Julie’s OP states that OAN pre-dates Trump (not that this is relevant to liberals being open to all voices).

Elimination of competition in the marketplace of news, ideas, philosophy…hardly the stuff of the “liberal”. Quite the opposite, in fact.

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Nope. I don’t have the right to pass judgment on who gets a voice. No liberal does. I think communists should be able to have their own channel if they want to and can muster the resources. De-platforming and silencing voices indicates weakness, intolerance, and an inherently non-pluralistic impulse befitting extremist fundamentalists. You guys are increasingly the new Ashcrofts.

Hard to believe that there isn’t ONE among you who dissents on the matter. THAT ALONE demonstrates that you’re not independent, free-thinking, question-everything liberals.

At all.

And, because you guys no longer check yourselves in the mirror…ever…there is no argument or appeal that you’d ever hear. Just mow thru. As always.
Liberals are all about TRUTH and stopping the spread of lies and conspiracies to the gullible. A democracy requires truth to survive.

Authoritarians/fascists are all about spreading propaganda. They're into banning books and rewriting the history of racism in America.
Remember Hitler's MINISTRY OF PROPAGANDA AND PUBLIC ENLIGHTENMENT.

What's a communist?

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Liberals are all about TRUTH and stopping the spread of lies and conspiracies to the gullible. A democracy requires truth to survive.

Authoritarians/fascists are all about spreading propaganda. They're into banning books and rewriting the history of racism in America.

What's a communist?
You are either uninformed or Lying:

The Many Things that Democrats want to Ban (Running List) (metallicman.com)

You are not supporting democracy and there is no truth in Biden and leftist you defend.

RickWA

Snagglesooth

What's a communist?
You have no idea what “liberals” are about. “Liberals” didn’t accept a universal, singular, absolutist notion of “truth”. Let alone attempt to impose “truth” by silencing/cheering on the silencing of others. That’s the province of more fundamentalism…right?

See what I mean? Of course you don’t - because leftists do not introspect. They don’t check themselves in the mirror.
You just made the point perfectly.

EatTheRich

President

At all.

"Can muster the resources"? The question is whether DirecTV should be able to make the business decision not to supply them with resources they can't come up with on their own if that is the best decision for them to make.

write on

Senator
You have no idea what “liberals” are about. “Liberals” didn’t accept a universal, singular, absolutist notion of “truth”. Let alone attempt to impose “truth” by silencing/cheering on the silencing of others. That’s the province of more fundamentalism…right?

See what I mean? Of course you don’t - because leftists do not introspect. They don’t check themselves in the mirror.
You just made the point perfectly.
Here you are spouting right wing propaganda but you don't know shit about what being a liberal is.

Eh, mr libertarian?

RickWA

Snagglesooth
"Can muster the resources"? The question is whether DirecTV should be able to make the business decision not to supply them with resources they can't come up with on their own if that is the best decision for them to make.
Heh. A timely lecture on capitalism from… nevermind. Try to remember that I was discussing the reflexive, unanimous reaction/cheering of those here who like to call themselves “liberals”. Not a single dissenting view. Not one. As always, the absence of any reflection precludes recognition of what is right there…just as the absence of humility will prevent admitting it.

Illiberal stuff.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I know nothing about OAN. I simply don’t favor shutting down voices. Julie’s OP states that OAN pre-dates Trump (not that this is relevant to liberals being open to all voices).

Elimination of competition in the marketplace of news, ideas, philosophy…hardly the stuff of the “liberal”. Quite the opposite, in fact.
Their fictional reporting borders on slander...if Goebels were alive he'd work for OAN.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Shutting down OAN isn't about any requirement to give them resources to promote opposing views. They are an extreme channel for conspiracies appealing to an ever diminishing segment of the right.

Can you go to Fox and demand air time? Of course not. Is that censorship?