• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Do you trust Mitt Romney?

Do you trust Mitt Romney?

• Yes

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 78.7%

• Total voters

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
As I am sure that most know, I am a leftie. However, I can say that I basically "trust" Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum in the sense that I know what they think and what their convictions are. I don't agree with them on much but I do have a pretty good idea of where they are coming from. I feel differently about Romney. It is not so much that Romney is a flip-flopper (though that is part of the problem.) It is that he seems untrustworthy and unreliable. And it seems to me that this is some of the problem that he is having in the primaries. He is considered as electable but untrustworthy. I am curious what others feel about Romney's trustworthiness.

Corruptbuddha

Governor
I trust Mitt to be exactly who Mitt is. A moderate Republican. Not a hard core wing-nut...nor an unhinged leftist Socialcrat.

And I do indeed trust him to be a moderate.

It's precisely why I'm voting for him.

Jen

Senator
He has always been my second choice. I prefer Newt, but Mitt will be just fine. I trust him.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
Funny, I trust Gingrich and Santorum more than I trust Romney (and I do trust and agree with Obama on a majority of issues.)

Nevertheless, I appreciate the answer.

May I ask you if you voted in the Tennessee primary on Tuesday?

I trust him a hell of a lot more than I trust Obama.

GordonGecko

President
Mitt is trustworthy only in as far as you can trust him to say whatever works for him at the moment.

He MAY become President....but the "conservative movement" will enjoy no "victory" from it, as the guy would if given a chance pull an HW Bush "Read my lips" in a heartbeat if needed.

And unlike Bush-41, not do so reluctantly....but GLADLY. Knowing that he'd face no Republican primary challenger...and that the GOP Base would support him in 2016 regardless if he raised taxes to pay for abortion clinics and gay wedding chapels run by Iranian ayatollahs.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
I also know that Mitt would stand up to Rushbo and not worry about the fat man calling him a political
and prostitute.

Mitt is trustworthy only in as far as you can trust him to say whatever works for him at the moment.

He MAY become President....but the "conservative movement" will enjoy no "victory" from it, as the guy would if given a chance pull an HW Bush "Read my lips" in a heartbeat if needed.

And unlike Bush-41, not do so reluctantly....but GLADLY. Knowing that he'd face no Republican primary challenger...and that the GOP Base would support him in 2016 regardless if he raised taxes to pay for abortion clinics and gay wedding chapels run by Iranian ayatollahs.

Citizen

Council Member
As I am sure that most know, I am a leftie. However, I can say that I basically "trust" Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum in the sense that I know what they think and what their convictions are. I don't agree with them on much but I do have a pretty good idea of where they are coming from. I feel differently about Romney. It is not so much that Romney is a flip-flopper (though that is part of the problem.) It is that he seems untrustworthy and unreliable. And it seems to me that this is some of the problem that he is having in the primaries. He is considered as electable but untrustworthy. I am curious what others feel about Romney's trustworthiness.
I don't trust any politician, especially one with as much power as Romney. That being said, I also don't trust Obama. But I'll take Obama over any Republican any day.

imreallyperplexed

Council Member
No politician should be trusted uncritically. Every politician should earn your trust all the time. Ideally, they should never take the citizens that they are elected to serve (including those who did not vote for them) for granted.

In the United States, the customer and the citizen are both "always right" (even when they are wrong or individual customers and citizens want different things.) Kind of weird and not necessarily conducive to trust (especially blind trust).

I don't trust any politician, especially one with as much power as Romney. That being said, I also don't trust Obama. But I'll take Obama over any Republican any day.

lilly

Council Member
I wouldn't trust this man handling my Christmas Club account, no less input into the financial affairs of our country.

Council Member
The only two things wrong with Mitt is you have no clue what he will be for tomorrow, and #2 is you have no clue what he is for today!

jammer

Mayor
Mitt is like the used car salesman that tells you the car was driven on Sundays by a little old lady, not mentioning that she drove it at the local dragstrip and wrecked it twice. Not so much that he lies, although he does that a lot too, as he doesn't tell you the whole story, only what he thinks you want to hear. Four more years for President Obama!!

Bo-4

Senator
Lol.. your poll, though unscientific.. ended up pretty much the way a big one would have ended up. About 21% of the folks trust Mittens.. including less than 50% of REPUBLICANS!

The people have spoken! i trust the well educated folks who post here over the general Public- Not a good way to start a campaign...

degsme

Council Member
Well I voted no, but really I do trust him.... I just trust him to do something differnt than what he is saying he willdo.

degsme

Council Member
He has always been my second choice. I prefer Newt, but Mitt will be just fine. I trust him.
You prefer Gingrich!!!!
WOW!!!

I am always fascinated by people who are attracted to and support those who are most antithetical to their own interests. As far as I can tell Jen, you are EXACTLY the kind of person that Gingrich's policies will harm. And yet you prefer him to be POTUS!!!

WOW>