• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Looks like we are back up and running (Wednesday, June 19th at 9 AM Eastern)

Jen

Senator
Looks like we will have to express our opinions more now. lol
Uhhhh.............or scroll on by ...........which will be my choice. The opinions we express will also cause butthurtness and be turned in....... to be deleted, so why even bother?

There is an element on this board that is DEMANDING censorship.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
No problem.
No response to stupid posts at all now.............time saved. No sense even reading them.

I'm good with it.
The ratings were fun to a certain extent.... as adults we really shouldn't need them to express ourselves. I am okay with it, I will admit I will miss them, regardless.

Jen

Senator
I know nothing about you statement, re:censorship. I still think we can still have a great board minus the ratings.
Obviously you haven't had a post deleted because someone on the board decided it wasn't long enough and turned it in for "lack of content". That is also happening now.

Someone is trolling for censorship and they are succeeding.

I'd like to keep the board great. Trolls aren't welcome.........and whoever is causing this upheaval is a troll.

Jen

Senator
The ratings were fun to a certain extent.... as adults we really shouldn't need them to express ourselves. I am okay with it, I will admit I will miss them, regardless.
I don't care about the ratings.
I care about the blatant censorship I've seen here in the last 24 or so hours.
Posts deleted because someone didn't like the words........didn't like the opinion.

Bear Claw

President
About time this forum came to its senses and changed the ratings.

What will the Bully Squad do now????????????????

ROFFLMAAO

Thanks SW48.

We had this same conversation before. REMEMBER??

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Thanks, SW.

BTW, Did you take the funny rating off?
The whining and number of reports from both "sides" about ratings was overwhelming so the ratings may all be gone soon.

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
I don't care about the ratings.
I care about the blatant censorship I've seen here in the last 24 or so hours.
Posts deleted because someone didn't like the words........didn't like the opinion.
We are the guests here, the mods and administrator bear the responsibilities of judging our conduct, re: abiding by their rules.
It's really not like this boards' offerings/opinions/ratings will change the universe.
I have felt the brunt of suspension... after one offense. I accepted it, I could have argued about it. I chose not to.
No big deal to me. :)

Addy

Rebuild With Biden!
The whining and number of reports from both "sides" about ratings was overwhelming so the ratings may all be gone soon.
It's your board... do what you feel is in the best interest of the board. :)

Jen

Senator
We are the guests here, the mods and administrator bear the responsibilities of judging our conduct, re: abiding by their rules.
It's really not like this boards' offerings/opinions/ratings will change the universe.
I have felt the brunt of suspension... after one offense. I accepted it, I could have argued about it. I chose not to.
No big deal to me. :)
I always respect and support the owner and moderators. For you to post to me and suggest otherwise is silly on your part.

I will deal with whatever they choose to do, but I have the right to comment on it. No need to do that further here and now.......... the whiners are outed by their own posts.

If I were to be suspended I would handle it the same way you did.

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
I still think we can still have a great board minus the ratings.
We can. But I, for one, always liked the rating buttons. They're handy and kind of fun. I wish there were more of them.

Your call, of course, but may I offer a couple of suggestions for taking a different approach:

- Make it a policy that whining/reports about ratings will be ignored. Problem solved. Just make the policy known and implement it. With no satisfaction, the reporting will stop. If anyone complains incessantly anyway, do the suspension thing.

And/Or

- Replace the rating buttons -- either all of them or only the ones people complain about -- with more smilies. It takes more effort, since we'd have to quote the post and bring up the smilies box. That should limit abuse without taking anything away. Plus, it could encourage people to comment along with using the smiley, generating more conversation.

About time this forum came to its senses and changed the ratings.

What will the Bully Squad do now????????????????

ROFFLMAAO

Thanks SW48.

We had this same conversation before. REMEMBER??
We know that the ratings have gone because of your constant complaints about them - what we don't understand is why SW takes so much notice of a 'Newbie' over loyal resident posters.

Bear Claw

President
We know that the ratings have gone because of your constant complaints about them - what we don't understand is why SW takes so much notice of a 'Newbie' over loyal resident posters.

He was tired of you and the other Bully Squad members destroying his forum!!

Newbies have bought us to this loss.

One Newbie in particular swamped some of our alert boxes with dislikes and then complained when anyone disliked their own posts. Why on earth have you taken notice of them?

I just don't want to come here anymore with the goal posts being moved every five mins to accommodate 'posters' who add zilch to the forum.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Newbies have bought us to this loss.

One Newbie in particular swamped some of our alert boxes with dislikes and then complained when anyone disliked their own posts. Why on earth have you taken notice of them?

I just don't want to come here anymore with the goal posts being moved every five mins to accommodate 'posters' who add zilch to the forum.
That's a lot of posters