• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Looks like we are back up and running (Wednesday, June 19th at 9 AM Eastern)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
We know that the ratings have gone because of your constant complaints about them - what we don't understand is why SW takes so much notice of a 'Newbie' over loyal resident posters.
if you're trying to assign blame for the ratings issue to Bear claw that apparently you're not here enough. A multitude of posters, including tenured ones, abuse the shit out of ratings

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Newbies have bought us to this loss.

One Newbie in particular swamped some of our alert boxes with dislikes and then complained when anyone disliked their own posts. Why on earth have you taken notice of them?

I just don't want to come here anymore with the goal posts being moved every five mins to accommodate 'posters' who add zilch to the forum.
He's not who's complaining by the way

Bear Claw

President
Newbies have bought us to this loss.

One Newbie in particular swamped some of our alert boxes with dislikes and then complained when anyone disliked their own posts. Why on earth have you taken notice of them?

I just don't want to come here anymore with the goal posts being moved every five mins to accommodate 'posters' who add zilch to the forum.

Bye then!

if you're trying to assign blame for the ratings issue to Bear claw that apparently you're not here enough. A multitude of posters, including tenured ones, abuse the shit out of ratings
How does one abuse ratings? Mods don't have to take any notice of them surely --- and if people complain why take notice of that?

I don't get it, at all.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I have never cared about ratings I have received - nor have 'a lot of posters' but this censorship of a form of expression did not rear its ugly head again until Bear Claw appeared.

Wtf is SW taking notice of them?
clearly you care about ratings because here you are in this thread complaining about them and threatening not to come anymore.
everybody's got their panties in a wad because somebody else came along and also uses the ratings and now apparently it's unacceptable

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
How does one abuse ratings? Mods don't have to take any notice of them surely --- and if people complain why take notice of that?

I don't get it, at all.
Actually no one has to take any notice of them whatsoever. And the abusive person can easily be ignored. Why don't these complaining posters take such simple actions? Answer, because they too want to be abusive

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Oh but he openly does --- I don't care who does though - they have spoiled the board for the rest of us.
how is it spoiled for you, if you just stated above you don't come here that much anymore? It's like saying oh I'm so sad that my favorite local pub is closed, having not frequent it in the last year

clearly you care about ratings because here you are in this thread complaining about them and threatening not to come anymore.
everybody's got their panties in a wad because somebody else came along and also uses the ratings and now apparently it's unacceptable
When have I complained about ratings other than over their disappearance?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
When have I complained about ratings other than over their disappearance?
I'm not sure I'm following any longer, here we are in a thread where you're complaining about the ratings, that you also State you care nothing about. Sorry if I seem confused, but I'm confused

how is it spoiled for you, if you just stated above you don't come here that much anymore? It's like saying oh I'm so sad that my favorite local pub is closed, having not frequent it in the last year
You know that at times I am here 24/7 and at others hardly at all --- life gets in the way sometimes --- it has hardly been a year since I was last here!

I'm not sure I'm following any longer, here we are in a thread where you're complaining about the ratings, that you also State you care nothing about. Sorry if I seem confused, but I'm confused
I don't care about the ratings I get --- is what I meant. I have never complained about getting them and I know that I am not the only one who hasn't.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You know that at times I am here 24/7 and at others hardly at all --- life gets in the way sometimes --- it has hardly been a year since I was last here!
figure of speech.

the analogy being...if we dont frequent this site. poof. its gone.

so too..if everyone shits it up.