• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Notebooks

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I am totally feeling that as well. They BOTH need to be held accountable equally for their screw ups.
So which of them knowingly removed documents with the intent to retain them?

Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It’s rather liberating to be a well-adjusted, normal person isn’t it? I can’t imagine how much it would suck to relegate one’s life to eternal party servitude… but at least you get the bonus of toggling on emojis for every post that doesn’t smooch the preferred backsides.
Funny you think a focus on the truth indicates party servitude. I think the desire to downplay facts in favor of conspiracy theory and rumor is hardly evidence of a well adjusted person. Whenever you are cornered with an inability to actually deal with corroborated fact, you go into how abnormal people are because you disagree with them.

Zam-Zam

Senator
ergof*ckyourself....
My assertion is based on the word for word quote from the law.

Whoever, being an officer, employee, contractor, or consultant of the United States, and, by virtue of his office, employment, position, or contract, becomes possessed of documents or materials containing classified information of the United States, knowingly removes such documents or materials without authority and with the intent to retain such documents or materials at an unauthorized location shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years, or both.

Biden knowingly removed classified materials, had them in his possession at an unauthorized location, etc.

Unless you're trying to argue he was clueless he did all that, which would be hilarious. Please proceed.

As an aside, if you feel you cannot control your emotions and simply argue facts, please take a second before you post for your sake, not mine). It makes you look weak when you feel compelled to curse. Logic will always prevail over profanity.

Zam-Zam

Senator
It’s rather liberating to be a well-adjusted, normal person isn’t it? I can’t imagine how much it would suck to relegate one’s life to eternal party servitude… but at least you get the bonus of toggling on emojis for every post that doesn’t smooch the preferred backsides.

I confess, I do feel a little bad for him. The facts really aren't on his side.

When Biden's mishandling of classified material came to light, it really upset those obsessed with Trump. Not because they are concerned about national security, but because they want Trump hanged from the yardarm for the same offense that Biden is accused of. Not surprising they get emotional on this one.

It's all good.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Funny you think a focus on the truth indicates party servitude. I think the desire to downplay facts in favor of conspiracy theory and rumor is hardly evidence of a well adjusted person. Whenever you are cornered with an inability to actually deal with corroborated fact, you go into how abnormal people are because you disagree with them.
You do realize that you’re interrupting their dittofest.

;-)

RickWA

Snagglesooth
No, Middleview. You are in every thread repeatedly asserting Biden’s presumed spotlessness while breathlessly declaring the guilt of others. Frankly, you and Bugsy are neck-and-neck in the ridiculously unserious fealty race. It’s looking like it will be a human shield photo finish.
You enjoy these twilight years, ok?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Biden knowingly removed classified materials, had them in his possession at an unauthorized location, etc.

Unless you're trying to argue he was clueless he did all that, which would be hilarious. Please proceed.

As an aside, if you feel you cannot control your emotions and simply argue facts, please take a second before you post for your sake, not mine). It makes you look weak when you feel compelled to curse. Logic will always prevail over profanity.
I was going for a laugh. Did you see the movie ARGO?

In any case. We know Trump knew the documents were at Mar-A-Lago because NARA told him they were there. He had his attorneys fight against returning them from May 2021 to December 2021 when they finally said, yes we have 13 boxes...come get them. NARA too delivery on 15 boxes in January. NARA suspected there were more and got a subpoena compelling Trump to return them. In June 2021 an envelope with additional documents was returned. At that time the FBI and DOJ attorney were shown the store room where Trump's attorney said they'd been stored. There were more boxes there and the attorney refused to allow the FBI to open the boxes. The Trump folks also delivered a letter certifying that all documents had been returned.

The DOJ, FBI and NARA didn't believe the letter and got a search warrant. They found more than 20 additional boxes in the storage room, which was in a separate building from Trump's office. In Trump's office and desk they found even more documents.

Is it possible that documents were mixed in with papers that actually belonged to either Biden or Trump without their knowledge? Yes. Trump should have kept his mouth shut. His own words tell us he did know. His fight to keep them show intent.

Biden says he didn't know they were there and returned them as soon as they were found.

The investigations will tell us more...so I can only comment on what we know.

RickWA

Snagglesooth
I confess, I do feel a little bad for him. The facts really aren't on his side.

When Biden's mishandling of classified material came to light, it really upset those obsessed with Trump. Not because they are concerned about national security, but because they want Trump hanged from the yardarm for the same offense that Biden is accused of. Not surprising they get emotional on this one.

It's all good.
It’s just an unhealthy reliance on politics for sense of fulfillment. Some are so completely invested into party and party leaders that they can’t help themselves. A spectacle to behold.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I was going for a laugh. Did you see the movie ARGO?

In any case. We know Trump knew the documents were at Mar-A-Lago because NARA told him they were there. He had his attorneys fight against returning them from May 2021 to December 2021 when they finally said, yes we have 13 boxes...come get them. NARA too delivery on 15 boxes in January. NARA suspected there were more and got a subpoena compelling Trump to return them. In June 2021 an envelope with additional documents was returned. At that time the FBI and DOJ attorney were shown the store room where Trump's attorney said they'd been stored. There were more boxes there and the attorney refused to allow the FBI to open the boxes. The Trump folks also delivered a letter certifying that all documents had been returned.

The DOJ, FBI and NARA didn't believe the letter and got a search warrant. They found more than 20 additional boxes in the storage room, which was in a separate building from Trump's office. In Trump's office and desk they found even more documents.

Is it possible that documents were mixed in with papers that actually belonged to either Biden or Trump without their knowledge? Yes. Trump should have kept his mouth shut. His own words tell us he did know. His fight to keep them show intent.

Biden says he didn't know they were there and returned them as soon as they were found.

The investigations will tell us more...so I can only comment on what we know.

Biden says he didn't know. Are we all supposed to just shake our heads up and down in vigorous agreement?

So you are going to argue that he is completely clueless as to what he was doing...Wonderful news. You do that.

BTW, I believe Al Capone also denied any wrong-doing. Good enough for you?

:D

middleview

President
Supporting Member
No, Middleview. You are in every thread repeatedly asserting Biden’s presumed spotlessness while breathlessly declaring the guilt of others. Frankly, you and Bugsy are neck-and-neck in the ridiculously unserious fealty race. It’s looking like it will be a human shield photo finish.
You enjoy these twilight years, ok?
Really? So you would lie in the very thread where I posted this...

Sloppy? Yup, absolutely. Irresponsible? Yes. Criminal? Probably not.

And you think that is asserting that Biden is spotless on the matter? I posted the applicable law. Deal with that.

Zam-Zam

Senator
It’s just an unhealthy reliance on politics for sense of fulfillment. Some are so completely invested into party and party leaders that they can’t help themselves. A spectacle to behold.
Party over principle.

Topic: Is mishandling classified documents bad?

A principled person has no problem answering with a "yes" or even a "no".

A party first person will answer "It depends".

Sad, isn't it?

Zam-Zam

Senator
Really? So you would lie in the very thread where I posted this...

Sloppy? Yup, absolutely. Irresponsible? Yes. Criminal? Probably not.

And you think that is asserting that Biden is spotless on the matter? I posted the applicable law. Deal with that.
Circular logic. You're still wrong.

Both men are guilty of mishandling classified material.

Even if its inconvenient for your agenda.

You can repeat your same failed argument again if you like - That should be fun.

It's all good.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Party over principle.

Topic: Is mishandling classified documents bad?

A principled person has no problem answering with a "yes" or even a "no".

A party first person will answer "It depends".

Sad, isn't it?
Bingo.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Biden says he didn't know. Are we all supposed to just shake our heads up and down in vigorous agreement?

So you are going to argue that he is completely clueless as to what he was doing...Wonderful news. You do that.

BTW, I believe Al Capone also denied any wrong-doing. Good enough for you?

:D
You claim Biden knowingly moved documents from the VP office to the Penn Biden center. Call the investigators. They haven't found that yet.

Capone denied doing anything wrong. The investigators found he lied.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

You can repeat your same failed argument again if you like - That should be fun.

It's all good.
What part of Knowingly and Intent don't you understand?

middleview

President
Supporting Member

It's all good.
Wow...really struggling with criminal liability, eh?

They both are responsible for mishandling classified documents. One is clearly liable for criminal prosecution based on knowingly having taken the documents with the intent to keep them.

Biden has not been shown, as yet, to have known those documents were in the mix and certainly, based on the immediate return to NARA, did not intend to keep them.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

They both are responsible for mishandling classified documents. One is clearly liable for criminal prosecution based on knowingly having taken the documents with the intent to keep them.

Biden has not been shown, as yet, to have known those documents were in the mix and certainly, based on the immediate return to NARA, did not intend to keep them.
Except for all the years that he kept them.

Zam-Zam

Senator
You claim Biden knowingly moved documents from the VP office to the Penn Biden center. Call the investigators. They haven't found that yet.

Capone denied doing anything wrong. The investigators found he lied.
You claim Biden cluelessly moved documents into his garage.

Great defense...He's not smart enough to know what he's doing.

Please, please, continue that line of reasoning.

Zam-Zam

Senator

Wow -Really struggling with basic integrity, eh?

Look, just say whatever you want, throw yourself in front of Biden to protect him at all costs.

I'll just watch from here on in and enjoy the display.

It's all good.