• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Protecting Racists

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvMetro

Mayor
If I post something that demonstrates that I am clearly a racist, will other members call me a racist? If other members post things that demonstrate that they are racist, are they shielded from being identified as the racists that they are in this hypothetical scenario? I recently read something on this site that suggests that racists are protected from being identified as such, as absurd as that may sound in the current political landscape. Is this protection of racists actually active on this site, or is this just an outdated law on the books?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
If I post something that demonstrates that I am clearly a racist, will other members call me a racist? If other members post things that demonstrate that they are racist, are they shielded from being identified as the racists that they are in this hypothetical scenario? I recently read something on this site that suggests that racists are protected from being identified as such, as absurd as that may sound in the current political landscape. Is this protection of racists actually active on this site, or is this just an outdated law on the books?

Rule:. 1) Calling someone a racist is an automatic 3 day temp ban and will be deleted

There is no gradation there. Merely the rule. That someone may think another poster is a racist is not the mods responsibility to discern, divine, or otherwise patrol who is or isnt. Simply a reaction to the posted rule.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
If I post something that demonstrates that I am clearly a racist,
Careful:

"These Old Rules still apply:

RACIAL, ETHNIC, HOMOPHOBIC, GENDER, OR RELIGIOUS SLURS

Action will be taken regarding any post or image that is deemed by moderators to be slurs against groups of people."

EvMetro

Mayor
I'm dumbfounded that racists are provided such a safe haven from being held accountable, but I suppose I should not be all that surprised in today's woke political landscape. How does the site reconcile the elephant in the room where the act of shielding racists from being identified as such is providing support for racists? Aiding and supporting racists is obviously an act of racism in itself, so is it the policy of the site to look the other way when we see a racist in this community?

EvMetro

Mayor
Careful:

"These Old Rules still apply:

RACIAL, ETHNIC, HOMOPHOBIC, GENDER, OR RELIGIOUS SLURS

Action will be taken regarding any post or image that is deemed by moderators to be slurs against groups of people."
Careful of what? How is this connected to the opening post?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I'm dumbfounded that racists are provided such a safe haven from being held accountable, but I suppose I should not be all that surprised in today's woke political landscape. How does the site reconcile the elephant in the room where the act of shielding racists from being identified as such is providing support for racists? Aiding and supporting racists is obviously an act of racism in itself, so is it the policy of the site to look the other way when we see a racist in this community?
You joined PJ on December 2020.

The latest update of the Forum Rules was posted on October 10, 2019:

The Terms Of Service were posted well before that:

"If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us."

EvMetro

Mayor
You joined PJ on December 2020.

The latest update of the Forum Rules was posted on October 10, 2019:

The Terms Of Service were posted well before that:

"If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us."
Why are you spamming my thread with site rules? I don't understand how this fits the premise of the thread. Do you understand the premise of the thread?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Why are you spamming my thread with site rules? I don't understand how this fits the premise of the thread. Do you understand the premise of the thread?
Your OP is about the site rules. This thread is not gonna be a rabbit hole. You asked questions about site rules. They were answered. We're done here.

EvMetro

Mayor
Your OP is about the site rules. This thread is not gonna be a rabbit hole. You asked questions about site rules. They were answered. We're done here.
I appreciate your efforts to clarify the position of the site. I'm clear on what he site rules are, as demonstrated in the opening post. What I am not clear on is how the site reconciles the elephant in the room where the act of shielding racists from being identified as such is providing support for racists? Aiding and supporting racists is obviously an act of racism in itself, so is it the policy of the site to look the other way when we see a racist in this community?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
I appreciate your efforts to clarify the position of the site. I'm clear on what he site rules are, as demonstrated in the opening post. What I am not clear on is how the site reconciles the elephant in the room where the act of shielding racists from being identified as such is providing support for racists? Aiding and supporting racists is obviously an act of racism in itself, so is it the policy of the site to look the other way when we see a racist in this community?
The use of such labels is a judgement call and not always accurate nor supported by evidence. I believe the intent is to prevent this site from descending into name calling instead of debate. Too often labels like communist, nazi or fascist are thrown around, but it seems the owner of the site decided racist was across the line.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
They're not "shielded". It it's "clearly racist", report it. If staff determines that to be the case, it gets deleted.

There's been no debate or discussion about any such reconciliation since the latest rules update in October 2019. You may notice those rules were posted by the site owner himself. He's the author and final arbiter of site policy. You should contact him.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

If someone sets about posting pictures of lynching and then cheering it.... we'll be sure to address it. Again..the rules are clear. It is not the policy of this site to do as you suggest. Nor is it likely that it's moderators will suffer the intimation thereof. Whether by cutsie backhand or otherwise.

EvMetro

Mayor
If someone sets about posting pictures of lynching and then cheering it.... we'll be sure to address it. Again..the rules are clear. It is not the policy of this site to do as you suggest. Nor is it likely that it's moderators will suffer the intimation thereof. Whether by cutsie backhand or otherwise.
There seems to be some defensive hostility coming from both mods on this thread that is meant more to subjectively make me aware of authority than to objectively reconcile the elephant in the room. Is it not racist to provide a safe haven from being publicly identified as a racist? Are allegations of racism not one of the biggest agendas that define the political landscape?

I realize and accept that you actively censor and enforce the narrative here, but there really is a racism topic here that can be objectively discussed, even if it feels a bit close to your administrative defense line. Several really solid topics actually. I agree to be careful to not step over your defense line if you care to engage in objective discussion.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
There seems to be some defensive hostility coming from both mods on this thread that is meant more to subjectively make me aware of authority than to objectively reconcile the elephant in the room. Is it not racist to provide a safe haven from being publicly identified as a racist? Are allegations of racism not one of the biggest agendas that define the political landscape?

I realize and accept that you actively censor and enforce the narrative here, but there really is a racism topic here that can be objectively discussed, even if it feels a bit close to your administrative defense line. Several really solid topics actually. I agree to be careful to not step over your defense line if you care to engage in objective discussion.

What would you like to objectively discuss? There's no defensive line other that registering backhands when they occur.

Who is burning a cross on our front lawn?

Go on. Will wait...

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
There seems to be some defensive hostility coming from both mods on this thread that is meant more to subjectively make me aware of authority than to objectively reconcile the elephant in the room. Is it not racist to provide a safe haven from being publicly identified as a racist?
I've already suggested that you contact the site owner.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
What would you like to objectively discuss? There's no defensive line other that registering backhands when they occur.

Go on. Will wait...
This dude is a rabbit hole poster. He wants to call other posters racists and he can't do it here and he doesn't like the explanation given. This is gonna go on and on, but I'm done.

EvMetro

Mayor
What would you like to objectively discuss?
1. Shielding racists from being publicly identified.

2. The act of shielding racists is an ugly form of racism.

There's no defensive line other that registering backhands when they occur.
I sense a lot of friction and hostility from both mods on this thread, and it appears that both are evading discussing the topic by putting up a strong defensive wall of authority in lieu of objectively discussing the topic.

Go on. Will wait...
I still sense a lot of defensive friction. Do you think that the topic of shielding racists from being publicly identified can be objectively discussed? Do you feel like you have what it takes to discuss how racist it is to shield racists from being held accountable?[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.