• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Sedition: Guilty.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So we are agreed. Just because more people weren't killed and Congress members weren't closer doesn't make it any less a crime. Cool
Of course it was a CRIME
and showed how inept security is in DC
that $100's of $1,000,000's taxpayers pay for
IMO both parties planned

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The unnamed defense attorney wasn't quoted. That was the non-lawyer author's words, not the unnamed and unquoted defense attorney.
There was a link to a pdf of the jury instructions (to that effect). Are you suggesting that was a forgery?

Raoul_Luke

You think Babbit, climbing through a broken window into the secure corridor, was a bystander?
You said there were people behind her with "weapons." It is a distinction without a difference. Is it okay to shoot an unarmed person because they are in the proximity of a "threat?"

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
You said there were people behind her with "weapons." It is a distinction without a difference. Is it okay to shoot an unarmed person because they are in the proximity of a "threat?"
The person behind here was a black guy
Black cop shot white woman

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, IMO
Biggest Soap Show known to mankind
Big brave politicians ran like the cowards they are
Interesting perspective. So you're saying it's a big soap opera. And you're also saying that our elected officials were supposed to run out there and fight off a couple thousand people who were enraged and storming the capital? Is that what you would have done? You would have jumped out there and beat back all those crushing mobs of people? Because that's what our politicians are supposed to do?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Other than Babbit, who was Murdered on 1/6__________
Congress were not close to that corridor, why LIE?
They were about 40 feet away.

U.S. Representative Markwayne Mullin (R-OK), a witness to Babbitt's attempted breach, said that the Capitol Police "didn't have a choice" but to shoot, and that this action "saved people's lives"

Mullin said the shooting happened as an angry, pro-Trump mob that had been protesting outside broke into the Capitol building and attempted to force entry into the House chamber, which was still in session.

"They were trying to come through the front door, which is where I was at in the chamber, and in the back they were trying to come through the speaker's lobby, and that's problematic when you're trying to defend two fronts," Mullin told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in an interview Thursday on "Good Morning America."

Byrd said: "Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were.

No other way to get out. If they get through that door, they're into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress." He stated that he had pulled the trigger as a "last resort" after the mob of protesters ignored his repeated orders to get back, and that he had no idea at that moment that Babbitt was unarmed and was a woman. Byrd commented: "I know that day I saved countless lives. I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger.
Babbit was not murdered. She died from being stupid.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Interesting perspective. So you're saying it's a big soap opera. And you're also saying that our elected officials were supposed to run out there and fight off a couple thousand people who were enraged and storming the capital? Is that what you would have done? You would have jumped out there and beat back all those crushing mobs of people? Because that's what our politicians are supposed to do?
If I'd been a member of Congress damn right I would have stood my ground, may have got my ass beat but doubtful from that crowd of cowardly clowns...............see, I would have been a CC and if need be would have shot first [Unwelcome language removed] trying to harm me and the rest would have ran like the cowards they were//////////

Dawg

President
Supporting Member

U.S. Representative Markwayne Mullin (R-OK), a witness to Babbitt's attempted breach, said that the Capitol Police "didn't have a choice" but to shoot, and that this action "saved people's lives"

Mullin said the shooting happened as an angry, pro-Trump mob that had been protesting outside broke into the Capitol building and attempted to force entry into the House chamber, which was still in session.

"They were trying to come through the front door, which is where I was at in the chamber, and in the back they were trying to come through the speaker's lobby, and that's problematic when you're trying to defend two fronts," Mullin told ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in an interview Thursday on "Good Morning America."

Byrd said: "Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were.
No other way to get out. If they get through that door, they're into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress." He stated that he had pulled the trigger as a "last resort" after the mob of protesters ignored his repeated orders to get back, and that he had no idea at that moment that Babbitt was unarmed and was a woman. Byrd commented: "I know that day I saved countless lives. I know members of Congress, as well as my fellow officers and staff, were in jeopardy and in serious danger.

You still piss'n in your panties

Raoul_Luke

Yeah, it's obvious the people with guns were in "mortal danger" from an unarmed mob...to a hack!

Bugsy McGurk

President
Yeah, it's obvious the people with guns were in "mortal danger" from an unarmed mob...to a hack!
The only mystery is why Trump’s terrorists weren’t mowed down on the steps of the Capitol. You know that would have happened if the marauders were black or Muslim.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
If I'd been a member of Congress damn right I would have stood my ground, may have got my ass beat but doubtful from that crowd of cowardly clowns...............see, I would have been a CC and if need be would have shot first [Unwelcome language removed] trying to harm me and the rest would have ran like the cowards they were//////////
Uh..ok. meanwhile the reality of the situation is if Congress members were closer they'd have been crushed by the surge

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
There was a link to a pdf of the jury instructions (to that effect). Are you suggesting that was a forgery?
Okay. Clicked on it anyway and read what I think you and the unnamed defense attorney are hanging your hats on. If you 2 are right and U.S. Attorney Jeffrey Nestler and the trial judge are wrong, then the defendants' appeal should be a slam dunk. Right?

You and the unnamed defense attorney are saying juries shouldn't be able to consider circumstantial evidence right? Only smoking gun evidence should be considered?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I never knew so many of our PJ righties had formal legal training and are licensed criminal defense attorneys.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Bookmarking this thread and taking names because this kinda stuff is gonna come up again.

Jack4freedom

Governor
He needs to appeal immediately, they have no direct evidence he called for violence and the Goverment refuses to reveal how many informants/agents they had in that group.

I have no use for a group like the Oath Keepers but I will never cheer a political persecution which is all this is.
If we elect the Trump/Fuentes ticket in 2024….All these “Patriots“ will be released with full pardons on January 21, 2025 so that they can resume their quest for Trump style government.…Go to Trump2024.net and donate now!!!! Stop the persecution dammit!!!