• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The corruption never ends...

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Trying to veil an attack is still an attack. Don't call other posters kooks....especially when your posts are littered with more insane kookery than anyone. Clear enough?
The rules are the rules - you don't get to interpret them. Clear enough?

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
I disagreed that there was any sign of corruption...you ignore the fact that the census department reported the errors. You also ignore which states gained or lost seats.
My post wasn't about who gained and lost seats...you interjected that in an attempt to steer the post in a direction you wanted it to go. The direction of my post draws attention to the fact that Red states were disproportionately undercounted and Blue states were disproportionately overcounted.

Like I said, if you want to talk about who gained and lost seats related to the census, you can start your own thread to discuss that. I think that undercounting mostly red states and overcounting mostly blue states stinks of corruption and I provided the data that justifies my thought process.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
My post wasn't about who gained and lost seats...you interjected that in an attempt to steer the post in a direction you wanted it to go. The direction of my post draws attention to the fact that Red states were disproportionately undercounted and Blue states were disproportionately overcounted.

Like I said, if you want to talk about who gained and lost seats related to the census, you can start your own thread to discuss that. I think that undercounting mostly red states and overcounting mostly blue states stinks of corruption and I provided the data that justifies my thought process.
The results disagree. You've shown no evidence of corruption.
Red states gained, blue states lost.
Corruption would have meant only the overcount blue states would gain and undervote red states would lose.

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
The results disagree. You've shown no evidence of corruption.
Red states gained, blue states lost.
Corruption would have meant only the overcount blue states would gain and undervote red states would lose.
You obviously didn't read the article or you purposely ignored this part...

"Texas, for instance, may have had as many as 985,000 more people than the official count. New York, by contrast, received as many as 1 million extra people.
This affected the number of congressional seats certain states were allotted.
Texas and Florida should each have received an additional seat in the House. Rhode Island and Minnesota should each have lost a congressional seat—but didn’t. Colorado was given an additional seat it didn’t deserve."

Unless you can provide proof otherwise, what you say about it is no more valid than what I say.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You obviously didn't read the article or you purposely ignored this part...

"Texas, for instance, may have had as many as 985,000 more people than the official count. New York, by contrast, received as many as 1 million extra people.
This affected the number of congressional seats certain states were allotted.
Texas and Florida should each have received an additional seat in the House. Rhode Island and Minnesota should each have lost a congressional seat—but didn’t. Colorado was given an additional seat it didn’t deserve."

Unless you can provide proof otherwise, what you say about it is no more valid than what I say.
Have any states that lost seats contest the counts or the allocation of seats?

California lost one seat.
Colorado gained one seat.
Florida gained a seat.
Illinois lost a seat.
Michigan lost a seat.
Montana gained a seat.
New York lost a seat.
North Carolina gained a seat.
Ohio lost a seat.
Oregon gained a seat.
Pennsylvania lost a seat.
Texas gained two seats.
West Virginia lost a seat.

Last edited:

Rubberband_Charlie

Council Member
I posted facts. Texas got two seats. You say Colorado should not have gotten a seat. Based on what? Colorado was not listed as an over count. So based on the uncontested count, they got a seat. Florida did get an extra seat.
Minnesota was neither an over or under count, so based on the fact that the count was correct, why do you think they should have lost a seat?

Florida gained a seat.
Illinois lost a seat.
Michigan lost a seat.
Montana gained a seat.
New York lost a seat.
Ohio lost a seat.
Oregon gained a seat.
Texas gained two seats.
Where did I say Colorado shouldn't have gotten a seat? The article said they shouldn't have gotten a seat...to which you've provide no proof that the author of the article is wrong. I posted an article from Forbes that provided information...if you can prove what the author said is wrong...cough it up.

Prove that the Texas count wasn't short by up to 985,000 people...that New York wasn't overcounted by as many as 1,000,000 people...provide proof that Texas should have received an additional representative over the one they received and Florida shouldn't have gotten two additional representatives...that Minnesota and Rhode Island shouldn't have lost an additional representative.

The only thing you've provided in terms of anything is a list of states that gained or lost seats. Nowhere does the article dispute that...

Now provide proof that anything the author of the article says is incorrect or carry-on debating against yourself. You've proven absolutely nothing.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
boo hoo hoo - you wanna debate a point - use a legitimate source.

And while I'm at it allow me to enlighten you as to what a personal attack is and is not:

If I were to say "YOU are SCUM" - that is a personal attack.
If I say "REPUBLCIANS ARE SCUM" - that is not a personal attack.

Learn the difference.
Yet many members are REPUBLICANS

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Have any states that lost seats contest the counts or the allocation of seats?

Florida gained a seat.
Illinois lost a seat.
Michigan lost a seat.
Montana gained a seat.
New York lost a seat.
Ohio lost a seat.
Oregon gained a seat.
Texas gained two seats.
How many times you going to post that BS again________

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Remember that Deputy Mod
Sorry @Dawg - please don't be jealous of this wannabe. There could never be a better spell corrector or deputy moderator than you. No one does it better. What @PNWest is to great posts you are to deputy moderation and spell checking.

Oh and by the way - I'm glad that you are safe and dry and you'll be happy to know that nothing up here in your head where I live rent free suffered any damage from the hurricane. It was a bit breezy but it often is up here as there's a lot of empty space.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Sorry @Dawg - please don't be jealous of this wannabe. There could never be a better spell corrector or deputy moderator than you. No one does it better. What @PNWest is to great posts you are to deputy moderation and spell checking.

Oh and by the way - I'm glad that you are safe and dry and you'll be happy to know that nothing up here in your head where I live rent free suffered any damage from the hurricane. It was a bit breezy but it often is up here as there's a lot of empty space.
Ian was up your way!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Where did I say Colorado shouldn't have gotten a seat? The article said they shouldn't have gotten a seat...to which you've provide no proof that the author of the article is wrong. I posted an article from Forbes that provided information...if you can prove what the author said is wrong...cough it up.

Prove that the Texas count wasn't short by up to 985,000 people...that New York wasn't overcounted by as many as 1,000,000 people...provide proof that Texas should have received an additional representative over the one they received and Florida shouldn't have gotten two additional representatives...that Minnesota and Rhode Island shouldn't have lost an additional representative.

The only thing you've provided in terms of anything is a list of states that gained or lost seats. Nowhere does the article dispute that...

Now provide proof that anything the author of the article says is incorrect or carry-on debating against yourself. You've proven absolutely nothing.
To quote you...I don't need to prove shit.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

Just put in a miniature golf course over by the bowling alley.

middleview

President
Supporting Member

The author provides no proof that Colorado "didn't deserve" another seat. You seem to miss that Texas got TWO additional seats. For some reason you keep saying they only got one.

The author is posting information from the Census bureau audit of the census. Funny how the census is a sign of corruption but becomes believable when you like the numbers.

Meanwhile, I did not disagree with the over count or under count numbers. I disagree with the accusation that it was due to corruption as shown by the states that gained or lost seats.