• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The indoctrination continues

Colorforms

Senator
I was asking you. Nobody seems to know why these books got banned except some super vague notions of "CRT".

Go ahead and just blindly trust the government's reasoning for banning books. That always works out well.
While you guys just go ahead and blindly attack the government while lying about their stated motives.

Colorforms

Senator
Their motive for banning the books wasn't "CRT"?
The American right wing wants a theocracy just like the far right Middle East. The right wing is already calling for death for those that don't have their radical mindset.

A slow burn to 'hell'.

The truth really means nothing to the left.

Zam-Zam

Senator
First one is a pay window.

The second says this:

The books did not comply with its Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking Standards or were rejected for including critical race theory (CRT), social emotional learning (SEL) and more, it said.

It also has a handful of images.

Not quite the same thing as reading the textbooks in their entirety and reaching your own conclusion - Unless you're happy with having others tell you what to think and then simply nodding ascent.

If you still wish to be enraged, by all means, enjoy.

EatTheRich

President
First one is a pay window.

The second says this:

The books did not comply with its Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking Standards or were rejected for including critical race theory (CRT), social emotional learning (SEL) and more, it said.

It also has a handful of images.

Not quite the same thing as reading the textbooks in their entirety and reaching your own conclusion - Unless you're happy with having others tell you what to think and then simply nodding ascent.

If you still wish to be enraged, by all means, enjoy.
The images are Florida’s handpicked examples of the most egregious content.

The truth, you ask?
Your fascism has been spreading.
Give it five, ten, fifteen years and you'll wonder how and why you lost your rights.
Don't thank me for those crooks on Capital Hill under color of law Christian Nation tautology avoidance of Islam fabricated medical human reproduction misnomers, only having acceptance & reasoning for their "man is God" Christiananality pedophilia virgin Mary immaculate son of Allah Jesus the Christ conception diatribe to rule the earth & destroy the world.

Don't thank me for those crooks on Capital Hill under color of law Christian Nation tautology avoidance of Islam fabricated medical human reproduction misnomers, only having acceptance & reasoning for their "man is God" Christiananality pedophilia virgin Mary immaculate son of Allah Jesus the Christ conception diatribe to rule the earth & destroy the world.
No idea what any of that means.

reason10

Governor
The American right wing wants a theocracy just like the far right Middle East. The right wing is already calling for death for those that don't have their radical mindset.

A slow burn to 'hell'.

Liberal stupidity never ceases to amaze me. I wonder how you people are able to even walk, with such little brain activity.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-dept-of-education-releases-4-examples-of-math-textbook-content-rejected-for-public-schools

Florida releases 4 examples of CRT textbook content rejected for public schools
"Based on the volume of requests the Department has received for examples of problematic elements of the recently reviewed instructional materials, the following are examples provided to the department by the public and presented no conflict in sharing them," the Florida Department of Education wrote in a disclaimer along with screenshots from the rejected textbooks. "These examples do not represent an exhaustive list of input received by the Department. The Department is continuing to give publishers the opportunity to remediate all deficiencies identified during the review to ensure the broadest selection of high quality instructional materials are available to the school districts and Florida’s students."

In one of the screenshots, the text describes the Implicit Association Test which measures levels of "racial prejudice" while displaying a graph suggesting conservatives are more inclined to be racially biased.

1650818759798.png

Uh, EARTH TO EFF UCKING MORONS. What does racial prejudice have to do with MATH?

Face it, liberals. You people are
1650819017991.png

1650819040729.png

Liberal stupidity never ceases to amaze me. I wonder how you people are able to even walk, with such little brain activity.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-dept-of-education-releases-4-examples-of-math-textbook-content-rejected-for-public-schools

"Based on the volume of requests the Department has received for examples of problematic elements of the recently reviewed instructional materials, the following are examples provided to the department by the public and presented no conflict in sharing them," the Florida Department of Education wrote in a disclaimer along with screenshots from the rejected textbooks. "These examples do not represent an exhaustive list of input received by the Department. The Department is continuing to give publishers the opportunity to remediate all deficiencies identified during the review to ensure the broadest selection of High quality instructional materials are available to the school districts and Florida’s students."

In one of the screenshots, the text describes the Implicit Association Test which measures levels of "racial prejudice" while displaying a graph suggesting conservatives are more inclined to be racially biased.

View attachment 70028

Uh, EARTH TO EFF UCKING MORONS. What does racial prejudice have to do with MATH?

View attachment 70029

View attachment 70030
That's not even actual CRT. They banned it because it offended some right-wing snowflake.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
LOL you demand that as if I have a list of books that the school system in Florida is looking at. It's this kind of lazy debate that just makes you people look like sock puppets.
"Tell us what's in the books that Florida is rejecting and tell us why they should reject them".

Tell you what, why don't you post the content of all of the books and I'll go through and see if I can tell you what would be considered against Florida standards.

You want this information, the least you can do is supply the documents.
So what it comes down to is that you trust DeSantis and most of the non-Trumplicans do not. CRT is a course curriculum being taught in law schools. Attaching that label to courses teaching history from the standpoint of being accurate...including the facts related to the Tulsa riot of the 1920s and lynchings is not CRT. Telling the truth about our nation's history is not CRT. We should not be teaching our kids that our country is fault free or to believe my country, right or wrong.

I've searched for math books that contain anything related to CRT and find nothing....

middleview

President
Supporting Member

"Based on the volume of requests the Department has received for examples of problematic elements of the recently reviewed instructional materials, the following are examples provided to the department by the public and presented no conflict in sharing them," the Florida Department of Education wrote in a disclaimer along with screenshots from the rejected textbooks. "These examples do not represent an exhaustive list of input received by the Department. The Department is continuing to give publishers the opportunity to remediate all deficiencies identified during the review to ensure the broadest selection of High quality instructional materials are available to the school districts and Florida’s students."

View attachment 70028

View attachment 70029

View attachment 70030
Notice that the examples do not provide information about what books they were drawn from nor what grade level they'd apply to.

Colorforms

Senator
Here you go again.

First, not knowing the definition of what a fascist is, and secondly trying to hijack the thread by posting meaningless diatribe.
We know you have no idea what fascist means. If you like, I can link the definition....again.

Not that it ever makes any difference.

Or, you could actually answer the question I asked a while ago and give us the definition you're working from. You ran from that one so I hold no hopes there.

write on

Senator
We know you have no idea what fascist means. If you like, I can link the definition....again.

Not that it ever makes any difference.

Or, you could actually answer the question I asked a while ago and give us the definition you're working from. You ran from that one so I hold no hopes there.
You're so incorrigible I wonder whether your head constantly hurts.

Get back on the topic of the post.