• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Unintended consequences

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I see people are spectacularly missing the point of your post. When they start hiring to just fill quota's, when they have to hit a certain number because of diversity it has the potential of putting people at risk.
Nah. Same question applies...

How so?

"Just because'?

Nah. Same question applies...

How so?

"Just because'?
Just because? Does that make it simplier for you, just a knee jerk reaction....

When you are not hiring based on merit, airline pilots, Doctors, when you are no longer looking for the best possible candidate but the best possible candidate so you "look" a certain way, lowers standards.

Airline pilots and Doctors are the two most common example because it puts peoples lives at risk but you see it across every industry.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member

When you are not hiring based on merit, airline pilots, Doctors, when you are no longer looking for the best possible candidate but the best possible candidate so you "look" a certain way, lowers standards.

Airline pilots and Doctors are the two most common example because it puts peoples lives at risk but you see it across every industry.
eh? i'm asking..... it's common how? because you look at someone and know by sight their qualification?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
@bdtex

i'm gonna shit can this empty race baiter...over to race relations or trash heap.
seems no one can clarify...

thoughts?

eh? i'm asking..... it's common how? because you look at someone and know by sight their qualification?
You wouldn't know that by just looking at anyone, the only way you would know what the qualification of the person is, is if you were doing the hiring.

More and more in the corporate world it's not whether the person is qualified if they check the other boxes as well, in other words, how does it make the company look.

Look at SVB, so obsessed with diversity outreach they apparenty forgot how to manage risk which is.... ummmm the one job they had......

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You wouldn't know that by just looking at anyone, the only way you would know what the qualification of the person is, is if you were doing the hiring.

More and more in the corporate world it's not whether the person is qualified if they check the other boxes as well, in other words, how does it make the company look.

Look at SVB, so obsessed with diversity outreach they apparenty forgot how to manage risk which is.... ummmm the one job they had......
ok, let's focus on SVB. Where is there a record of a race based hire (where the individual is clearly under educated and qualified) who in turn made decisions affecting SVB? further, that this person or persons was in a position of such authority to decide on billions of dollars of activity in a vacuum??

Boltlady

Mayor

It's refreshing to see someone who is not being deliberately obtuse. Perhaps if they had a loved one who was in a position to have his/her life put in someone's hands it wouldn't matter to them what the level of ability of that person is. Personally I would want the most qualified available person. I would not care what color, ethnicity or sexual type they may be as long as I could be sure that they were not there simply because they were the most diverse.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
It's refreshing to see someone who is not being deliberately obtuse. Perhaps if they had a loved one who was in a position to have his/her life put in someone's hands it wouldn't matter to them what the level of ability of that person is. Personally I would want the most qualified available person. I would not care what color, ethnicity or sexual type they may be as long as I could be sure that they were not there simply because they were the most diverse.
i see. trash heap it is.

you can recover the thread to a discussion forum upon answering without a backhand.

How do you know?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
We are not missing the point at all. "People" are not the ones that used the term "hardcore racism".
f**k this. i trash heaped it.

when one or more adult up, and get beyond their 'i can tell by lookin at dey skin' bs.. they can recover the thread.

ok, let's focus on SVB. Where is there a record of a race based hire (where the individual is clearly under educated and qualified) who in turn made decisions affecting SVB? further, that this person or persons was in a position of such authority to decide on billions of dollars of activity in a vacuum??
Gosh... I must have imagined Obama Adminstration putting in all those diversity, equity, inclusion standards for banks,....

We do need more banks obsessed with diversity and carbon emissions.......

:rolleyes:

It's a tough subject and I give you credit for raising it despite the knee jerk reaction of "Racist" you were bound to get and sadly, did get.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Gosh... I must have imagined Obama Adminstration putting in all those diversity, equity, inclusion standards for banks,....

We do need more banks obsessed with diversity and carbon emissions.......

:rolleyes:
you mean the ones that say endeavor, and assess, and develop.... but not only, must, and always??? those?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I got this one Phil.

"1) Calling someone a racist is an automatic 3 day temp ban and will be deleted."
he's not calling me that. he's trying to reverse engineer his position to pretend that is not what this thread is intended to be....let's wait and see..

still wont answer what they mean and how they know...

that's what we're trying to ferret out.

who is it that seems to know based on sight....whether a person is qualified or not? isnt me.
I can't speak for Boltlady but the concern is that is exactly what people will be doing as merit based hiring goes by the way side. Which it is.

She can correct me if I am wrong but I believe that was the point of the post.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
he's not calling me that. he's trying to reverse engineer his position to pretend that is not what this thread is intended to be....let's wait and see..

still wont answer what they mean and how they know...
Ok. He's right on the line then.