• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Unintended consequences

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I can't speak for Boltlady but the concern is that is exactly what people will be doing as merit based hiring goes by the way side. Which it is.

She can correct me if I am wrong but I believe that was the point of the post.
how is it? none of you have clarified. you're simply saying this that and the other is endangered and you know thin simply by looking.....

go on clarify...

how is it? none of you have clarified. you're simply saying this that and the other is endangered and you know thin simply by looking.....

go on clarify...
Please see previous post:

I can't speak for Boltlady but the concern is that is exactly what people will be doing as merit based hiring goes by the way side. Which it is.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

"We may be looking at the beginning of real hardcore racism. I can imagine a future scenario where people will refuse to accept services of any kind from people of color."

You have no opinion about who might practice "real hardcore racism" or the color of the "people of color"?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
"We may be looking at the beginning of real hardcore racism. I can imagine a future scenario where people will refuse to accept services of any kind from people of color."

You have no opinion about who might practice "real hardcore racism" or the color of the "people of color"?
now youre on to it... all these people of color could be ivy league graduates... the best in their field. but some here seem to know by eye....that theyre not...

but how?

seems to be a mystery...to which they cant provide an answer other than just because...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
You asked essentially the same question that Addy asked so if you'll read my post #6 you'll have my answer.

The two of you must not follow the news. A number of high end universities (Harvard for one), have been putting out the word that minorities will be accepted before white students. That includes such things as medical (future doctors), legal and other important subjects. At the same time many large corporations along with a number of smaller companies have stated that affirmative action will very much apply in their hiring practices. Then of course Biden has stated that diversity will be pressed by the gov't. In these various examples merit is not the main criteria.

You only have to look at his cabinet and primary appointees to see that he doesn't select people based on experience and ability in their respective positions. A quick example would be Mayor Pete.
Funny you didn't complain when Taylor Weyeneth, a recent college graduate and campaign worker became the director of national drug control policy. He was 24 and had never had a job. Is that because he was white?

Remember "Heckofa job Brownie"? From the steward of judges for the Arabian Horse association to head of FEMA, just in time for Hurricane Katrina. Also a well qualified white guy...right?

Boltlady

Mayor
now youre on to it... all these people of color could be ivy league graduates... the best in their field. but some here seem to know by eye....that theyre not...

but how?

seems to be a mystery...to which they cant provide an answer other than just because...
OK, I'll speak slower so that y'all can understand. People of color, etc. are just fine if their resume' is not from one of the places that are deliberately putting people of color, etc. ahead of someone who may or not be more capable. Since there is no way to know for sure at first look people may start to make snap judgements without bothering to find out about their abilities.

Conversely, one can look at a couple of examples. Our VP Harris is a person of color and as a candidate she got almost no votes. I haven't heard anyone state anything useful that she's done since she got her job. Biden recently nominated a person to head the FAA who couldn't answer any questions that had to do with pilots, airports or airplanes. Ah, but he's black. That's only a small example of choices made because of color instead of ability. While there are certainly many, many more it doesn't mean that there are not some very high calibre people who happen to be black.

The POINT is that it doesn't matter what color a person is. What matters is that you are comfortable that he/she is highly qualified to do the job at hand. Since less people are being selected because of merit, and more being selected because of color, one cannot be sure.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
OK, I'll speak slower so that y'all can understand. People of color, etc. are just fine if their resume' is not from one of the places that are deliberately putting people of color, etc. ahead of someone who may or not be more capable. Since there is no way to know for sure at first look people may start to make snap judgements without bothering to find out about their abilities.

Conversely, one can look at a couple of examples. Our VP Harris is a person of color and as a candidate she got almost no votes. I haven't heard anyone state anything useful that she's done since she got her job. Biden recently nominated a person to head the FAA who couldn't answer any questions that had to do with pilots, airports or airplanes. Ah, but he's black. That's only a small example of choices made because of color instead of ability. While there are certainly many, many more it doesn't mean that there are not some very high calibre people who happen to be black.

The POINT is that it doesn't matter what color a person is. What matters is that you are comfortable that he/she is highly qualified to do the job at hand. Since less people are being selected because of merit, and more being selected because of color, one cannot be sure.

what disqualifies Harris?

what is the requirement for VP?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Conversely, one can look at a couple of examples. Our VP Harris is a person of color and as a candidate she go almost no votes. I haven't heard anyone state anything useful that she's done since she got her job.
Pence more qualified? What did he do as VP besides not go along with Trump's election theft scheme?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
what disqualifies Harris?

what is the requirement for VP?
Phil Washington has a college degree and served in the military.

His successor Billy Nolen has a college degree and held numerous roles in aviation leadership....

How is Phil Washington an example...? billy?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Pence more qualified? What did he do as VP besides not go along with Trump's election theft scheme?

requirements: Thus, to serve as vice president, an individual must: be a natural-born U.S. citizen; be at least 35 years old; be a resident in the U.S. for at least 14 years.

Boltlady

Mayor
Phil Washington has a college degree and served in the military.

His successor Billy Nolen has a college degree and held numerous roles in aviation leadership....

How is Phil Washington an example...? billy?
While he's very intelligent and well educated, don't you think he should know something about the position he would fill?

Biden's FAA Nominee Can't Answer a Single Question About Aviation
Mar 3, 2023Phil Washington, President Joe Biden's nominee to serve as administrator of the FAA, continues to face questions about his qualifications to serve in the role, and his testimony before...https://townhall.com › tipsheet › spencerbrown › 2023 › 03 › 03 › watch-bidens-faa-nominee-fail-to

Boltlady

Mayor
Funny you didn't complain when Taylor Weyeneth, a recent college graduate and campaign worker became the director of national drug control policy. He was 24 and had never had a job. Is that because he was white?

Remember "Heckofa job Brownie"? From the steward of judges for the Arabian Horse association to head of FEMA, just in time for Hurricane Katrina. Also a well qualified white guy...right?
People shouldn't be hired just because they're white either. Color is not supposed to be the deciding factor.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
While he's very intelligent and well educated, don't you think he should know something about the position he would fill?

Biden's FAA Nominee Can't Answer a Single Question About Aviation
Mar 3, 2023Phil Washington, President Joe Biden's nominee to serve as administrator of the FAA, continues to face questions about his qualifications to serve in the role, and his testimony before...https://townhall.com › tipsheet › spencerbrown › 2023 › 03 › 03 › watch-bidens-faa-nominee-fail-to
He's not nominated.

Boltlady

Mayor
i've seen. still no clarification. for all you know everyone is imminently qualified.

what you two are saying is they cant be...cause your eyes tell you so.

how?
None of us have said that one can tell by sight whether a person of color is not immensely qualified for something. We have NOT said that such a person would not be able to be.

What we're saying is only that the possibility exists that they might not be because of the changes in educational requirements. Sometimes it's comforting to know that if your life is in someone's hands that it was the right choice.