• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

What is the difference between conservatives and republicans ?

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
I see yard signs saying vote for conservative Fred and yard signs saying vote for Republican Joe ? What is the difference in the parties? Does saying "conservative" mean you don't support deficits and VP Trump*

All parties support deficits when they are in power because they don't have the willpower to do anything about them when they get in office.

But ultimately the House and Senate vote on the budget so currently both parties support the deficit spending.
So anyone who claims to be a fiscal conservative is a liar. Like Paul Ryan.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Republicans are a rudderless homogeny of screaming mee meeies..

Conservatives are as the word suggests... conservative by nature.

just my guess..

SW48

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
So anyone who claims to be a fiscal conservative is a liar. Like Paul Ryan.
I think he proposed balanced budget proposals that were shot down. But since he voted for deficit spending then he was part of the problem.

The other issue is when they come to an impass and shut down the government the media goes crazy saying how bad that is for the country when in fact it has almost no affect. So politicians succumb to the media pressure and vote through an unbalanced budget.

We should just shut down until its a balanced budget. Of course shut down still means 70% is open but it just shows the waste there is that could be cut out.

We should have an ammendment to the constitution that says we have to have a balanced budget in times of no wars with nation states.

I think he proposed balanced budget proposals that were shot down. But since he voted for deficit spending then he was part of the problem.

The other issue is when they come to an impass and shut down the government the media goes crazy saying how bad that is for the country when in fact it has almost no affect. So politicians succumb to the media pressure and vote through an unbalanced budget.

We should just shut down until its a balanced budget. Of course shut down still means 70% is open but it just shows the waste there is that could be cut out.

We should have an ammendment to the constitution that says we have to have a balanced budget in times of no wars with nation states.
Balanced budgets are for people without balls. Lever up.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I see yard signs saying vote for conservative Fred and yard signs saying vote for Republican Joe ? What is the difference in the parties? Does saying "conservative" mean you don't support deficits and VP Trump*
I'm Conservative and it's impossible to answer a question from someone that thinks Trump is Pence.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Balanced budgets ammendments are for people that know politicians can't be trusted with deficits.
When a plan to balance the budget is offered Congress refuses to pass a budget:

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Balanced budget amendments for people with no vision for the future.
The one with the vision is ignored

By your gang of theives

The one with the vision is ignored

By your gang of theives
They are making some unrealistic expectations about economic growth

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
They are making some unrealistic expectations about economic growth
As with Obama they aren't even doing a budget, they need replace the $2.5Billion stolen from SS for impeachment...………..of course even if they do you will never get any SS money you've paid in. (if you work and pay income taxes)

sensible don

Governor
Supporting Member
But yet SS is paying people who paid in 10-15.00 a week back in the 60"s early 70"s over 250.00 a week back - WTF

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
But yet SS is paying people who paid in 10-15.00 a week back in the 60"s early 70"s over 250.00 a week back - WTF
Who got away with paying $10-15.00 a week in the 60's/70's? You claim to have several businesses, don't you pay half of you employers SS?

I paid FICA in 60's and still paying FICA in 2020...……………….what's your point?

EatTheRich

President
Do you live in New York? They have a Conservative Party which is a Christian conservative anti-abortion party. I believe they sometimes endorse Republicans and Democrats, and sometimes run their own candidates.