• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

When You Have Two Horrible Options...

RickWA

Snagglesooth
...Pick the slightly less-horrible:

Trump leads Biden in hypothetical 2024 match-up: poll

Trump leads Biden in hypothetical 2024 match-up: poll | The Hill

Yes, that's how awful Joe Biden appears to the American people.

Hopefully, some other choices will be available.
How utterly pathetic is THIS?!? Oh well…at least there are other good options waiting in the wings…
Wait, wut?
You mean there are NO good options? On deck we have a duncehood murderer’s row the likes of which we’ve never seen? Kamala Harris. Pete Buttigieg. Cory Booker. Beto O’Rourke. Christine Gillibrand. Maybe they can trot-waddle out ol’ Hillary once again?
Obi-Wan: “You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy”. And… talk about abject bankruptcy of testosterone! The women are the least sissified of those listed. If masculinity were an appendage…these “dudes” would each have an “innie”.

And THAT’S just the party of gender-fluidity. Wait’ll we see who the GOP foists upon us…

Always our best and brightest in American politics…a real who’s-who of shakers and movers.
:)

Zam-Zam

Senator
If memory serves correct this how we ended up with Trump in the first place....two horrible options.
I thought at the time that the only way a Trump Presidency would be possible would be for the Democrats to nominate the one candidate capable of losing to him...Which they promptly did. Hillary had baggage, and was not particularly well-liked.

Biden was seen as the affable, if bumbling, likable Obama surrogate who would usher in normalcy...He wasn't unpopular until Americans saw what his version of normalcy looked like. He might actually be less popular nationally than Hillary, if that's possible.

The only way Trump survives is for the Dems to offer up even worse alternatives.

Which they seem intent on doing.

...Pick the slightly less-horrible:

Trump leads Biden in hypothetical 2024 match-up: poll

Trump leads Biden in hypothetical 2024 match-up: poll | The Hill

Yes, that's how awful Joe Biden appears to the American people.

Hopefully, some other choices will be available.
News sites that are hyping this "story" are deliberately failing to point out that

1. the poll was conducted by "Emmerson College", not a professional polling company, and

2. The poll was only 1,015 "likely voters".

It doesn't say how the likely voters were picked, or how likely it is that they don't represent the national electorate in any way.

This poll is complete bullshit.

Stand by for a counter-poll showing voters believe term limits should be abolished so that Biden can for life.

I thought at the time that the only way a Trump Presidency would be possible would be for the Democrats to nominate the one candidate capable of losing to him...Which they promptly did. Hillary had baggage, and was not particularly well-liked.

Biden was seen as the affable, if bumbling, likable Obama surrogate who would usher in normalcy...He wasn't unpopular until Americans saw what his version of normalcy looked like. He might actually be less popular nationally than Hillary, if that's possible.

The only way Trump survives is for the Dems to offer up even worse alternatives.

Which they seem intent on doing.
I don't think it matters who the Dems run, Trump will never be allowed to be President.

Hopefully the GOP which I find utterly inept comes up with someone else.

Zam-Zam

Senator
News sites that are hyping this "story" are deliberately failing to point out that

1. the poll was conducted by "Emmerson College", not a professional polling company, and

2. The poll was only 1,015 "likely voters".

It doesn't say how the likely voters were picked, or how likely it is that they don't represent the national electorate in any way.

This poll is complete bullshit.

Stand by for a counter-poll showing voters believe term limits should be abolished so that Biden can for life.
It might be. Or it might not be.

It's pretty difficult, however, to find any poll anywhere that would suggest most Americans think President Biden is doing a good job.

Zam-Zam

Senator
I don't think it matters who the Dems run, Trump will never be allowed to be President.

Hopefully the GOP which I find utterly inept comes up with someone else.
I doubt Trump will be the candidate, but I've been wrong before.

It might not be Joe either - There are more than a few folks on the left that view him as a liability.

TBLee

Governor
I doubt Trump will be the candidate, but I've been wrong before.

It might not be Joe either - There are more than a few folks on the left that view him as a liability.
I have my doubts that either will be the chosen one. One can hope….

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Some will say the same of Manchin...

Eye of the beholder.
Sure thing. Except that DeSantis' crap about CRT or "Woke" stupidity puts him in the mold of those who stir the pot. Firing a state health administrator for releasing truthful information about the Covid epidemic or allocating vaccine to wealthy white areas, exluding others, should help make everyone understand just what this guy stands for.