• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

I need some suggestions...Should we put in a pool???

MrMike

Bless you all
I have a pool (and fountain) and I agree about the maintenance. It sometimes is a pain but heck the kids love it. When I'm done with kids and eventually move to a smaller abode I'll drop the pool. I do have to admit it is relaxing at time.

Caroljo

Senator
I have a pool (and fountain) and I agree about the maintenance. It sometimes is a pain but heck the kids love it. When I'm done with kids and eventually move to a smaller abode I'll drop the pool. I do have to admit it is relaxing at time.

What a gorgeous place! The pool is beautiful....maybe if we can find a person to maintain it for us I might give in :).

MrMike

Bless you all
What a gorgeous place! The pool is beautiful....maybe if we can find a person to maintain it for us I might give in :).
I do mine (maintenance) but I grew up with pools. I still think on the next home I may opt-out if the kids are gone. I don't swim in it like I used to.

Caroljo

Senator
Another reason I'm trying to talk him out of it is, once he retires in December, we want to do some traveling. We won't always be around to maintain a pool....and our kids won't have the time. I want to take another trip to Europe! I was able to go to Germany for 2 weeks in 2010 when my son was stationed there. My only worry to that is...I'd have to fly with my husband!!!! He hates flying...I'm sure he'd need some chill pills to be able to do it, and I don't want to have to babysit him...Lol!

LeilaniMP

Empress
Hey....the housekeeper suggestion is great!! I'd never been able to afford that before, so I hadn't thought of it! I could then spend more time just taking care of my granddaughter! I meant to tell you...my husband went out and got me a new car! I'm soooooo excited....it's a 2017 Cadillac ATS! It's amazing!! This isn't the exact same one, but just like it...
SWEET!!!! Congratulations!

Beautiful car! ❤

LeilaniMP

Empress
I have a pool because it was in place when I bought the house. Everyone uses it a lot, in the summer, and usually, we put the cover on it in winter. This year we didn't and our Irish Wolfhound puppy, fell in it, somehow and drowned, (he avoided it like the plague because he was afraid of it) We don't know how it happened everyone was gone except for me and I was inside. When the kids came home, they found him floating in it, The water was so cold, he probably went into shock. It broke our hearts, the pool only brings bad memories for us now. Also, I just had to spend $4,000. to get all the equipment replaced.
Oh No! I'm so sorry, Jack!

LeilaniMP

Empress
Yes, you do, Jen! Beautiful house, too! I have to say, sometimes I miss mine, but the gypsy life suits me fine most days....

Avoiding the harsh NJ winters will be our aim from here on in. Still living in Georgia at the moment, planning on heading back up north in another month or so. Thinking of stopping at dawgs place again on the way up... a reunion is in order, you think you guys might make it? Leilani and Carol are working on it...
I'm there...Just let me know when! Other than a trip to Ireland in May, I'm good to go.

It'll be so nice to see everyone again!

LeilaniMP

Empress
Another reason I'm trying to talk him out of it is, once he retires in December, we want to do some traveling. We won't always be around to maintain a pool....and our kids won't have the time. I want to take another trip to Europe! I was able to go to Germany for 2 weeks in 2010 when my son was stationed there. My only worry to that is...I'd have to fly with my husband!!!! He hates flying...I'm sure he'd need some chill pills to be able to do it, and I don't want to have to babysit him...Lol!
Give him some Benadryl when you board...he'll sleep the whole way there. :)

LeilaniMP

Empress
beautiful house, Caroljo, congratulations! As far as the backyard goes... I could see a pond with a waterfall in it... next to that, a garden swing.... aaaahhh.... curling up with a good book with a glass of wine... my idea of heaven.

We had a pool when the kids w ere growing up, and it was used a lot in the summer. Now, I'm not so crazy about the idea of having a pool... I'd rather join a local club if I want to swim, and let THEM clean it... lol

PS I'm for the housekeeper -:)
Sounds like a good plan.

Barbella

Senator
I get airsick... carsick... seasick... lol

Every time I fly, I have to drug myself with Dramamine. Makes me so sleepy I pretty much don't care that I'm 36,000 miles in the air... hahaha

Caroljo

Senator
Yes, you do, Jen! Beautiful house, too! I have to say, sometimes I miss mine, but the gypsy life suits me fine most days....

Avoiding the harsh NJ winters will be our aim from here on in. Still living in Georgia at the moment, planning on heading back up north in another month or so. Thinking of stopping at dawgs place again on the way up... a reunion is in order, you think you guys might make it? Leilani and Carol are working on it...
Dawg's supposed to let us know when the best time will be to go there. He want's us all to meet at the Plantation!!! That place is so awesome, and now it's completely renovated so we may even be able to spend the night there......I'm excited!!

Caroljo

Senator

Every time I fly, I have to drug myself with Dramamine. Makes me so sleepy I pretty much don't care that I'm 36,000 miles in the air... hahaha
My husband is just like my daughter....but she will fly if she really wants to go somewhere. That flight back and forth from Germany with her was an experience....I think I had fingernail marks on my arms for 2 weeks after! Lol!

Barbella

Senator
Dawg's supposed to let us know when the best time will be to go there. He want's us all to meet at the Plantation!!! That place is so awesome, and now it's completely renovated so we may even be able to spend the night there......I'm excited!!
It'll be great! I love the Plantation!

Barbella

Senator
My husband is just like my daughter....but she will fly if she really wants to go somewhere. That flight back and forth from Germany with her was an experience....I think I had fingernail marks on my arms for 2 weeks after! Lol!
Lolololol! I've been back and forth to Germany at least 40 times, and I don't think I'll EVER learn to like that long trip. My husband wants us to fly to New Zealand soon, but oh man! It takes 24 hours to get there! Eeeek....

LeilaniMP

Empress

Me too! (motion sickness)

Luckily, I'm like a baby, though...I usually fall asleep before the plane even takes off...no sleep aids needed.....

However, if it gets bumpy? Nooooooo!!!!

Jen

Senator
Lolololol! I've been back and forth to Germany at least 40 times, and I don't think I'll EVER learn to like that long trip. My husband wants us to fly to New Zealand soon, but oh man! It takes 24 hours to get there! Eeeek....
I didn't like the long flight to Europe either. But I only did it a half a dozen times.......not as much as you did. I don't get sick flying but I don't enjoy it much. Not looking forward to the long flight to Maui next month at all.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
We just purchased a new home....it has a huge fenced in back yard which has lots of room for a pool. I'm pushing an above ground, my husband wants in ground. My argument is that an above ground is much easier to remove if we decide to later. We had an above ground years ago when our kids were growing up. Once they graduated and they and their friends no longer used it much, it needed to go! We now have grand kids that will use it...but I say above, one day they'll also be moved on! The back yard is gorgeous.....it looks like an oriental garden. So I say a pool would actually make it look tacky. Have you gotten the idea I really don't like pools?? Lol! I'd much rather spend the money on a house keeper. This place is WAY more than I really want to clean! Since I'll still be taking care of my granddaughter, I'd rather spend the time with her (she's just so adorable!!). So....any suggestions would be great! I'm retired, my husband is retiring in December, and I just want to live the EASY life! :)
Just think of how much vacation money will be eaten up by pool maintenance. :D

JackDallas

Senator
Supporting Member
Oh No! I'm so sorry, Jack!
It was tough, I bawled like a baby. I always had a dog, growing up, and I've always been a dog person, but I understand that people who have cats, are just as attached to them as I am to my dogs. It's hard to lose a pet.