• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Daily Post Counts

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
So I was wondering what the average daily number of posts are these days. It feels well below what it used to be.

if so, could it be because most of the decent con posters have left, leaving mainly the weaker ones? Or is it just typical coming down from a major election?

Hopefully things pick up again as we move toward November 2022.

Zam-Zam

Senator
So I was wondering what the average daily number of posts are these days. It feels well below what it used to be.

if so, could it be because most of the decent con posters have left, leaving mainly the weaker ones? Or is it just typical coming down from a major election?

What makes for a strong poster? Quantity or quality?

Or political affiliation?

Length of posts? Something else?

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
What makes for a strong poster? Quantity or quality?

Or political affiliation?

Length of posts? Something else?
Quality. You’re a strong right wing poster. Of course it’s a matter of opinion.

most of the posters that have the highest quantity have the lowest quality. Again, opinion.

Zam-Zam

Senator
Quality. You’re a strong right wing poster. Of course it’s a matter of opinion.

most of the posters that have the highest quantity have the lowest quality. Again, opinion.

Thank you for the compliment. I tend to agree with your statement with respect to quantity/quality.

i believe a few poster left when their feathers got ruffled, either by the mods rebuking them for some offense or by election results. Most of the core posters remain, although there is the normal ebb and flow of participation levels.

I find this forum, warts and all, suits me just fine. I have been invited from time to time to join other similar forums, usually by someone who has just left this one, and while I appreciate that, I stay. I hope you will stay as well.

Peace.

TBLee

Governor
Thank you for the compliment. I tend to agree with your statement with respect to quantity/quality.

i believe a few poster left when their feathers got ruffled, either by the mods rebuking them for some offense or by election results. Most of the core posters remain, although there is the normal ebb and flow of participation levels.

I find this forum, warts and all, suits me just fine. I have been invited from time to time to join other similar forums, usually by someone who has just left this one, and while I appreciate that, I stay. I hope you will stay as well.

Peace.
I enjoy this forum, although it is far from perfect (which works for me at this particular time). I will say after exploring other forums, I also enjoy the conversations there as well. Variety is the spice of life. LoL

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
2-3 of the more prolific posters made election bets and now they're gone. I wish posters wouldn't do that.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member

It's down. I can't speak for everyone else, but I've got a little burnout going on. With the lockdown and travel restrictions last year, I spent way more time online than usual and in the midst of a hotly contested election. Then we had 2 Georgia Senate runoffs and a lame-duck President like no other. I've been kinda burned out and outta gafs for a couple months.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
It's down. I can't speak for everyone else, but I've got a little burnout going on. With the lockdown and travel restrictions last year, I spent way more time online than usual and in the midst of a hotly contested election. Then we had 2 Georgia Senate runoffs and a lame-duck President like no other. I've been kinda burned out and outta gafs for a couple months.
Very fair answer - and thanks for the the info!

Zam-Zam

Senator

I get the fatigue issue - I am not interested in rehashing an election that is over, or obsessing over a President who is no longer in power, or the usual "my tribe is better than your tribe" condescension. The people who post most frequently seem to want to discuss little else. It's beyond stale. It's downright boring.

Fortunately, there are some other forums here besides the political ones that seem as of late to be dominated by a handful of angry ranters. Poetry, science, religion, history, entertainment and humor....Plenty to choose from.

now_what

Governor
Supporting Member
2-3 of the more prolific posters made election bets and now they're gone. I wish posters wouldn't do that.
I respect them for honoring the bets. I had two on here lose bets to me, but neither honored them. What can you do. At least they will always have to know they lost to a liberal. :)

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
Yes - I took out two of them that have not come back. I would like to see them come back.

PNWest

America's BEST American: Impartial and Bipartisan
I respect them for honoring the bets. I had two on here lose bets to me, but neither honored them. What can you do. At least they will always have to know they lost to a liberal. :)

Yes - and losing to PNWest should be considered a badge of honor on par with being knocked out by Muhammad Ali.

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
I wish y'all wouldn't do that.