• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Ding dong PJ's dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not going to pretend to speak for the OP but when posters who have been members of the board for 7 years and made over 46,000 posts are saying something is wrong then maybe it's time to at least acknowledge it.....
Then speak it.

FakeName

Governor
I'm done being treated like a child.
Adults can follow the simple rules.

Don't want to be treated like a child? act like an adult.

I say that as someone who occaisonally violates the rules, though not intentionally.

It is like when you park in a metered parking spot and then get side tracked, over stay, and get a ticket.

Do you blame the meter maid, and cry about how unfair it is?

Or do you realize it is your own fault, take personal responsibility, and say 'dang it, I should have been more careful'?

Jen

Senator
I'm not going to pretend to speak for the OP but when posters who have been members of the board for 7 years and made over 46,000 posts are saying something is wrong then maybe it's time to at least acknowledge it.....
People who have been here for many years and made many posts are beginning to walk away or post a lot less not necessarily because of the moderators or owner but because of the influx of new Leftist posters who are insulting to the point of not even addressing the post but attacking the poster or the source and/or changing the subject of any post to something about "orange man bad".

There is really no reason to even post on a board where thread hijacking and derailing is rampant. I'm not talking about a thread with many responses naturally sliding off topic. I am talking about purposeful derailing of the Original Post.

I have taken most of my posting to a forum where I can speak my mind and if someone disagrees, they will say so with an actual reason, not a personal insult. There are posters here 99% of them from the Left, some new, some old......... who answer thoughtful political posts with mindless screed. I'm not interested any more in having to step up to that plate. I did it for many years. I won't do it now.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
People who have been here for many years and made many posts are beginning to walk away or post a lot less not necessarily because of the moderators or owner but because of the influx of new Leftist posters who are insulting to the point of not even addressing the post but attacking the poster or the source and/or changing the subject of any post to something about "orange man bad".

There is really no reason to even post on a board where thread hijacking and derailing is rampant. I'm not talking about a thread with many responses naturally sliding off topic. I am talking about purposeful derailing of the Original Post.

I have taken most of my posting to a forum where I can speak my mind and if someone disagrees, they will say so with an actual reason, not a personal insult. There are posters here 99% of them from the Left, some new, some old......... who answer thoughtful political posts with mindless screed. I'm not interested any more in having to step up to that plate. I did it for many years. I won't do it now.
There are many posters here...left and right that seemingly manage just fine withing the simple rules. Sometimes we have mistakes, sometimes violations...we move on.

What you want is an echo chamber. Sorry, no can do.

I've been where you've gone. Read what's there..

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Adults can follow the simple rules.

Don't want to be treated like a child? act like an adult.

I say that as someone who occaisonally violates the rules, though not intentionally.

It is like when you park in a metered parking spot and then get side tracked, over stay, and get a ticket.

Do you blame the meter maid, and cry about how unfair it is?

Or do you realize it is your own fault, take personal responsibility, and say 'dang it, I should have been more careful'?

Nicely written.

Let's wait and see what his beef was

And read the pleadings of the whiners...

Days

Commentator
There are many posters here...left and right that seemingly manage just fine withing the simple rules. Sometimes we have mistakes, sometimes violations...we move on.

What you want is an echo chamber. Sorry, no can do.

I've been where you've gone. Read what's there..
I think what she wants is discussion.

You do understand the difference between discussion and a food fight?

Days

Commentator
Like the one you are trying to start?
I am just pointing out the difference between an echo chamber and discussion. I don't have any broccoli or anything.

I've posted with Jen for a decade or longer, I understand where she is coming from. It isn't my beef, I am used to being treated like a child, I expect to be treated like a child, but I found it rather ironic that Jen was a mod here and she is leaving over being treated like a child and the last word she gets, treats her like a child.

I don't know resident evil near as well as I know Jen. But my experience posting with his posts is... he is an intelligent creature.

So, this can't be good, we seem to be moving from a community to a tiny clique.

peace, Days

Days

Commentator
Of course.

No, she wants discussion without challenge.

Why the condescension?
I don't think so, phil.

I get your point, but it seems to me these are grown-ups, and their complaint is of a mature nature.

I might be wrong... I was wrong once, I think it was back in the late 60's.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think so, phil.

I get your point, but it seems to me these are grown-ups, and their complaint is of a mature nature.

I might be wrong... I was wrong once, I think it was back in the late 60's.

Well,

firstly, what she describes happens all around.. not one side does it...and the other sits about getting run off..

second, she has a habit of talking out of both sides.. she's less than kind in her sharing of her thoughts about the mods, here and elsewhere. While she herself was once a mod here, and knows precisely how it works here. again, no favorites or one side favored over another.

BD and I work very well together despite our political differences, and I will not allow his slander, and I hope he wont allow mine. Because we've fielded everyones shit...fairly. We're not perfect. And we like this site.. too. (ps, the admins input is the final arbiter overall, as well)

third, my opinion, she and some others got pissed off when challenged to back it up. when called out on their declaratives and expectations that none would challenge it... they were flummoxed when they were, and they ran. i believe there are enough here that can recall those times.

meanwhile, FN captures it above.. it is really a very simple matter... these very simple rules and how to live within them... with the occasional transgressions..

:)

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I am just pointing out the difference between an echo chamber and discussion. I don't have any broccoli or anything.

I've posted with Jen for a decade or longer, I understand where she is coming from. It isn't my beef, I am used to being treated like a child, I expect to be treated like a child, but I found it rather ironic that Jen was a mod here and she is leaving over being treated like a child and the last word she gets, treats her like a child.

I don't know resident evil near as well as I know Jen. But my experience posting with his posts is... he is an intelligent creature.

So, this can't be good, we seem to be moving from a community to a tiny clique.

peace, Days
lot's of us have posted for a decade or longer with Jen, and with others. Everybody want's a dialogue. AND. Everybody wants to be free to call one side liberal and the other republikkkon.. EVERYBODY does it. This pretend well it's the clique, or its the left,or the right.. is an unfair cast. Everybody is doing it. Further..it is within everybodys purvue to stop it.

who is being treated as a child?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Fraysman spoke his mind, albeit probably strongly, and he was banned.
Freyasman is welcome as soon as he makes his peace with the site owner.

has always been free to speak his mind, but not to repeatedly spew vulgarities at the mods, and particularly harsh words to the site owner..

if he's pretending to you or others that he didnt, well.. he did..

Status
Not open for further replies.