• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

How Would Republicans Decrease Inflation.

D

disobey

People are..more poor.. or no?

I wish your reply had something to say. As for what you posted, much of what makes people more worse off now is because of fuel prices. Also, could this be what you're getting at? Which is that it may be better to be poor from a bad economy rather than be poor due to inflation?

D

disobey

Neither democrats nor republicans are curing it. Americans are poorer
I disagree. Apart from fuel costs, the reason inflation is happening is because people have more to spend. Also, when I was younger, something I NEVER saw was a "Help Wanted" sign. Now they're all over the place. It is better to be working and poor than not working and even poorer.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I wish your reply had something to say. As for what you posted, much of what makes people more worse off now is because of fuel prices. Also, could this be what you're getting at? Which is that it may be better to be poor from a bad economy rather than be poor due to inflation?
No..what I'm saying is musing about what Republicans may or may not do does nothing to obscure the fact that Americans currently are poorer..and becoming poorer still.
I don't think it better to be poor from a bad economy. Inflation is doing it

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I disagree. Apart from fuel costs, the reason inflation is happening is because people have more to spend. Also, when I was younger, something I NEVER saw was a "Help Wanted" sign. Now they're all over the place. It is better to be working and poor than not working and even poorer.
Americans are spending like there's no tomorrow

No..what I'm saying is musing about what Republicans may or may not do does nothing to obscure the fact that Americans currently are poorer..and becoming poorer still.
I don't think it better to be poor from a bad economy. Inflation is doing it
The options are inflation or mass unemployment.
There is no other option.
Inflation is the clearly the superior option.

D

disobey

Americans are spending like there's no tomorrow

I take it you mean they are spending more on something other than increased price. People are always spending more. Because they're never able to buy all of what they need to begin with. As for savings, for most workers, they never get enough to save. It must be nice to have some sort of professional job where you made enough to actually save. That isn't something I've ever had to deal with. I have an interesting picture for you about how I think capitalism works.

CRT 1.jpg

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
I take it you mean they are spending more on something other than increased price. People are always spending more. Because they're never able to buy all of what they need to begin with. As for savings, for most workers, they never get enough to save. It must be nice to have some sort of professional job where you made enough to actually save. That isn't something I've ever had to deal with. I have an interesting picture for you about how I think capitalism works.

View attachment 73217
I disagree. I think most don't make the effort

D

disobey

Peculiar. I just work for living. Manage my finances. You?
Earlier you said that you think most people just don't make the effort. I showed you basically what capitalists use as motivation. That is all. It has nothing to do with you working or managing your finances.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Earlier you said that you think most people just don't make the effort. I showed you basically what capitalists use as motivation. That is all. It has nothing to do with you working or managing your finances.
Great. So..nothing then.

protectionist

Governor
I remember his wage and price controls. They failed miserably. Did you forget Whip Inflation Now pins that Ford had printed up?

We had between a year and 18 months of dramatically lowered spending by all of us staying home, due to the pandemic. The danger lessens with the widespread availability of vaccines and we all start spending on vacations, entertainment and "stuff". That is where the inflation came from. Not government spending.
It came from Biden reducing oil production. That increased the price of diesel and gasoline at the pump, thereby increasing costs for manufacturers to transport their goods to stores. Guess who got those increased costs passed on to them.

The inflation in housing came from Biden increasing the population in cites, where he transported migrants to. They saturated the housing market, making vacancies scarce.

The dude ruins everything he touches. Would have been better if he just did nothing at all.

protectionist

Governor
Who isn't concerned about inflation. Because on the news they talk about it all the time. And unfortunately, a lot of people think that the republicans could do a better job at controlling it. Which they probably could. By ruining the economy and making people more poor.
But that not what happened when Trump was president. He improved the economy and made poor people more rich.

4 million Americans off food stamps,
  • lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma,
    lowest unemployment for women in over 70 years,
    vocational training topped 4 million - highest ever,
  • lowest unemployment for blacks, Hispanics, Asians, and disabled in US history.
  • created 10 million jobs in 4 months,
  • created over 400,000 manufacturing jobs,
  • highest median wage in US history .
  • unemployment claims hit 50 year low,
  • highest GDP growth in US history (3rd quarter of 2020 - 35.2%)

middleview

President
Supporting Member
It came from Biden reducing oil production. That increased the price of diesel and gasoline at the pump, thereby increasing costs for manufacturers to transport their goods to stores. Guess who got those increased costs passed on to them.

The inflation in housing came from Biden increasing the population in cites, where he transported migrants to. They saturated the housing market, making vacancies scarce.

The dude ruins everything he touches. Would have been better if he just did nothing at all.
Keep making shit up. If you told the truth it would shock the shit out of everybody.