• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Title 18, U.S. code 597

middleview

President
Supporting Member
We're in a thread whose title references federal law that includes food and water as federal prohibition withing certain distances...

So, national is your scope....feel free to cite reference to instances
The law specifically states that the intent to influence the election is a predicate for prosecution. So far no evidence of that. Do you have any info on someone being prosecuted....ever?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
As long as we are paying attention to detail...the law says "Poll Officers". I don't know that poll workers would qualify. We also know that it states water "may" be provided, but doesn't offer a means by which that water may be paid for. It also says nothing at all about political parties donating water.

We frequently see references to New Black Panther member standing at a polling place with a night stick and claim that meant voter intimidation...and yet no voter came forward to say they were intimidated.

It would be nice to settle on a standard of acceptable evidence. Since people were handing out water to those in line, how would we find evidence of people leaving because they tired of waiting and had no access to water?
Well, they're either is evidence or there is not. The initial claim was that the Georgia law prohibits the provision of water. I exercise and pasted the specific passage that indicates that it's not prohibited generally, but is in fact prohibited specifically within a certain distance and by members of political parties.

Others claim that this prevents people from voting. Since we're in a thread whose title references Federal code within which there are explicit references prohibiting the provision of water, I asked for example since the claim was made. Should be a relatively low bar considering the claims made...

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Water isn't mentioned in the water
"anything of value" IS
Not in the federal law, but it is in the Georgia law.

Why doesn't your artwork include Fox News? Can you go to Fox and get time to present your opinions on the air? If not they are censoring you....right?

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
The law specifically states that the intent to influence the election is a predicate for prosecution. So far no evidence of that. Do you have any info on someone being prosecuted....ever?
No. I made no such claim. So far the only claim made is that this change in law will disenfranchise voters and cause them to leave the polls. Must be predicated on something correct? or is it simply being pulled out of thin air for sake of political fodder?

Mr. Friscus

Governor
Holy crap, the leftists on here are being shown direct proof and yet continue to recite made up claims. Nobody is being denied the ability to have water, and nobody is being denied voting. Facts.

EatTheRich

President
But it's not prohibited which is the point.

Poll workers are free to provide self-service water if they so choose. That is the truth of the matter. It is an untruth to say is that the provision of water is prohibited outright.

It is an idiotic argument I'll give you that. The back and forth is odd, and the positioning disingenuine considering the text of what I just shared
Just as poll workers were free to waive the requirement to recite the entire Constitution exactly without a mistake, and generally did in the case of white voters.

EatTheRich

President
No. I made no such claim. So far the only claim made is that this change in law will disenfranchise voters and cause them to leave the polls. Must be predicated on something correct? or is it simply being pulled out of thin air for sake of political fodder?
Such is the obvious intent. The federal law cited does not prohibit the supply of water as humanitarian relief, only bribes intended to change votes. The Georgia law does prohibit the supply of water as humanitarian relief.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Such is the obvious intent. The federal law cited does not prohibit the supply of water as humanitarian relief, only bribes intended to change votes. The Georgia law does prohibit the supply of water as humanitarian relief.
Yes that is the topic under discussion the supply of water as relief versus bribes intended to change votes. the Georgia law does not prohibit the supply of water as relief as cited above. Good luck

EatTheRich

President
Yes that is the topic under discussion the supply of water as relief versus bribes intended to change votes. the Georgia law does not prohibit the supply of water as relief as cited above. Good luck
Yes, it does, except by poll workers who as previously discussed will work with the Jim Crowing legislature to suppress the urban, minority, and student votes as has historically been the case.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Well, they're either is evidence or there is not. The initial claim was that the Georgia law prohibits the provision of water. I exercise and pasted the specific passage that indicates that it's not prohibited generally, but is in fact prohibited specifically within a certain distance and by members of political parties.

Others claim that this prevents people from voting. Since we're in a thread whose title references Federal code within which there are explicit references prohibiting the provision of water, I asked for example since the claim was made. Should be a relatively low bar considering the claims made...
Where does it mention political parties?

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Can anyone show where voting is actually being suppressed? Is anyone being denied the right to vote?
Why is it so difficult to understand that this is an ongoing process...part of which was to limit polling places in democratic areas...how else do you end up with a five hour wait?
Do you really think people didn't give up and leave? On a hot and muggy day standing on a sidewalk, if you had no water for hours, would you leave?

I live in an upper middle class area and never waited for longer than 15 minutes to vote.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
Why is it so difficult to understand that this is an ongoing process...part of which was to limit polling places in democratic areas...how else do you end up with a five hour wait?
Do you really think people didn't give up and leave? On a hot and muggy day standing on a sidewalk, if you had no water for hours, would you leave?

I live in an upper middle class area and never waited for longer than 15 minutes to vote.
"hot and muggy" in Georgia in November, take a drink & food if needed
if they can't go a few hours w/out water, good thing they don't enlist!

Delaware has much stricter voting laws than Georgia

Georgia Governor Puts Biden In His Place Over New Election Law, ‘His Own Laws In His Own State Are More… | News Thud

State of Delaware - Department of Elections - Election law

"upper middle class" Joe's going to ensure you live in a poor area

JuliefromOhio

President
Supporting Member
Read english much? It says what it says. Verbatim.

That you come cackling with your stupidity is telling..
You focused on the water proviso, yet it's obvious to all that you support this new Georgia voting bill which allows them to actually change the results of the election......as Trump wanted them to do for him. Now they can do it in upcoming elections.

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
You focused on the water proviso, yet it's obvious to all that you support this new Georgia voting bill which allows them to actually change the results of the election......as Trump wanted them to do for him. Now they can do it in upcoming elections.
what did I say about the new Georgia voting bill which allows them to actually change the results of the election?

If you could post my explicit statements please....

middleview

President
Supporting Member
"hot and muggy" in Georgia in November, take a drink & food if needed
if they can't go a few hours w/out water, good thing they don't enlist!

Delaware has much stricter voting laws than Georgia

Georgia Governor Puts Biden In His Place Over New Election Law, ‘His Own Laws In His Own State Are More… | News Thud

State of Delaware - Department of Elections - Election law

"upper middle class" Joe's going to ensure you live in a poor area
Temp was about 70 and humidity was 74%....Why would you think you'd be stuck for 5 hours in line?

Joe Biden isn't the guy who put election laws in place in Delaware.