• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

We've been listening to the "maskholes" for over a year now...

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
I’m sure you know there is not a good faith discussion to be had there. If Trump had strongly advocated for masks and worn one regularly, his cultists would not be arguing against masks and bizarrely claiming that the virus is not spread through the air. But Trump didn’t do those things, so we get such lunacy from his cultists.
There is a valid conversation but yer handlers won't let you have it at 25 cents per click.

Raoul_Luke

I feel a bit lightheaded. Maybe you should drive.
The obtained results are not based in reality.
You need to show why. This isn't the only study that failed to produce evidence of viable covid virus in air samples. What's not "based in reality" is the idea that their "obtained results are not based in reality." Unless, of course, your sole measure for "reality" is what furthers your left wing political agenda.

Bugsy McGurk

President
Are you suggesting that this NIH study is Trump propaganda? That is quite absurd, even for a propagandist like you. I only linked to one such study that illustrates that the airborne threat from covid was, at best, severly over-stated. There are others. With every new set of air measurements finding no viable virus, your "sanity" is called further into question. As with the covid natural origin theory, you morons latched onto a self-serving political narrative over the facts, and only an insane person (or a complete hack) would reject the new, better information, and instead try to cling to an exposed false narrative. Have a nice rest of your day...
Prove you’re not just spewing Trump covidiocy...

Go to a Covid ward, maskless, and ask all the patients to breathe and cough in your face.

Report back on your findings.

;-)

Bugsy McGurk

President
You need to show why. This isn't the only study that failed to produce evidence of viable covid virus in air samples. What's not "based in reality" is the idea that their "obtained results are not based in reality." Unless, of course, your sole measure for "reality" is what furthers your left wing political agenda.
This one actually thinks the masks recommended by public health experts were part of some “left wing political agenda.”

Such lunacy.

Raoul_Luke

This one actually thinks the masks recommended by public health experts were part of some “left wing political agenda.”

Such lunacy.
What it was definitely not was grounded in the science. To some it was (I'm sure) an attempt to find something that would work to save lives. As soon as the cases started exploding in the fall, any honest person would admit that it appears they may not be doing all that much good. The only reason we maintained the charade that these non-pharmeceutical interventions were working as cases ran wild was because Trump had (rightly) stated that they were superfluous.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
In December 2019, all nations learnt about the emergence of a pandemic of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), induced by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), which is a member of the β-coronavirus group. As SARS-CoV-2 has the potentiality of leading to life-threatening respiratory failure, its transmission routes need to be characterized.

It's called "framing the discussion." As usual, you do your incipid drive by pulling something out of context and mischaracterizing it. There's a name for that...now what is it? Oh yes, propaganda!

In fact, if you bothered to actually read the paper, you'd have seen this:

Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2021 May 6 : 1–9.
doi: 10.1007/s11356-021-14260-3 [Epub ahead of print]

Or were you idiotic enough to think learnt isn't a word:

View attachment 63411
If you had read the paper you linked to you'd have learned this..

However, as the patients with SARS-CoV-2 were hospitalized in rooms with negative air pressure, the results might have been negatively affected.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
What it was definitely not was grounded in the science. To some it was (I'm sure) an attempt to find something that would work to save lives. As soon as the cases started exploding in the fall, any honest person would admit that it appears they may not be doing all that much good. The only reason we maintained the charade that these non-pharmeceutical interventions were working as cases ran wild was because Trump had (rightly) stated that they were superfluous.
Yeah, Trump also told us that windmills cause cancer and internal use of disinfectants would cure covid.

Now that you've admitted how stupid Trump is and that you get your medical info from a moron...we know just how much your opinions are worth.

Bugsy McGurk

President
You just repeated your lunacy.

It didn’t get less loony the second time.

Raoul_Luke

You just repeated your lunacy.

It didn’t get less loony the second time.
The only "lunacy" in this debate is your insistance that the studies I cited that found no evidence of viable virus in any of their air samples (in a covid ward of a hospital for crying out loud) either do not exist, or that they do and (contrary to the facts) they actually did find viable virus in their samples.

EatTheRich

President
I'm not following Trump, I'm following the SCIENCE - you know, like you people have been demanding we do for over a year. What part of According to the obtained results, it is suggested that airborne transmission may not have much effect on this pandemic is so hard for you to understand?
A scientific approach when the results of a single study contradict the results of several other studies: conduct a meta-analysis that synthesizes the results. Failing that: compare the methodologies of the studies and determine which are most consistent with best practices. Failing that: attempt to replicate one or more of the studies. Failing that: give more credence to the position supported by the majority of the studies. The alternative (ideological) approach: assume whatever study confirmed your preconceptions was the one with the right conclusion.

Mick

The Right is always right
It's the weirdest thing. It took a total of about 4 seconds to provide demonstrable proof was that respiratory droplets carry through the air with scientific study in tow. Meanwhile you write several paragraphs of nothing proving referencing nothing.
What did Fauci say about mask use in the beginning?

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
Yikes. What a wordy, boring screed.

Let’s cut to the chase. You think you know better than the scientists who have said this virus is spread through the air. Alright then, correct them - how is the virus spread?
Thanks for reading it so the rest of the forum doesn't have to. On and on and on it goes.