• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Yet another mass murder

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Here a law already exists that would make it illegal for a felon to possess a firearm. The people's advocate, the prosecutor, chose to ignore it.

It seems the law doesn't matter much, if even a prosecutor ignores it.

It seems utterly useless, no?
By your logic there should never be a plea bargain that reduces the charge from a felony to misdemeanor.

trapdoor

Governor
I've posted a few ideas in the past. Like these.
1. Federal universal background checks. Must be performed by an FFL.
2. Ammunition purchase license card. The card would be issued by an FFL, would have the owners picture on it and encoded on the card the serial number and caliber of every gun owned. You can only buy ammo for a gun listed on the card.
3. When you sell a gun that gun is removed from your license card and added to the buyers.
4. There would be no database record associated with the APL card. No way to track back to the owner.
5. A sale without a background check would make the seller liable for whatever crime is committed using the gun.
6. If a gun is stolen and not reported it would be equivalent to a sale.
1. They’d make it impossible to get FFLs and you wouldn’t be able to buy a gun.
2. I reload ammo for obsolete weapons, some of which have no serial numbers. How do I buy components? What if I have a “legal” gun under your scheme, and get an illegal one in the same caliber? Ho do you ensure anti-gun activists will not use this as a basis for registration. How do I correct an error if the card says I have a gun I don’t have, has the serial number wrong, etc? What if someone steals the card?
3. See above.
4.Unrealistic.
5. I sell to my nephew. He never commits a crime. I die. He sells to someone else,and that person commits a crime. Who faces a liability? And how do you even know since the guns don’t trace to the owner under your ‘non-registration” plan?
6. See above

middleview

President
Supporting Member
1. They’d make it impossible to get FFLs and you wouldn’t be able to buy a gun.
2. I reload ammo for obsolete weapons, some of which have no serial numbers. How do I buy components? What if I have a “legal” gun under your scheme, and get an illegal one in the same caliber? Ho do you ensure anti-gun activists will not use this as a basis for registration. How do I correct an error if the card says I have a gun I don’t have, has the serial number wrong, etc? What if someone steals the card?
3. See above.
4.Unrealistic.
5. I sell to my nephew. He never commits a crime. I die. He sells to someone else,and that person commits a crime. Who faces a liability? And how do you even know since the guns don’t trace to the owner under your ‘non-registration” plan?
6. See above
The card has your picture on it. Just like a driver's license.

Your prediction of what will happen is probably spot on. Did you predict Trump would win? Picked any super bowl winners lately?

A plan does not have to be perfect. Good can be helpful.

Did you do a background check on your nephew?

trapdoor

Governor
The card has your picture on it. Just like a driver's license.

Your prediction of what will happen is probably spot on. Did you predict Trump would win? Picked any super bowl winners lately?

A plan does not have to be perfect. Good can be helpful.

Did you do a background check on your nephew?
People used faked licenses frequently. Good is not good enough when you’re talking about my rights and you leave the door open to restricting them in incremental ways.
I already said I didn’t run a a background check on the nephew. There’s no record either of us has the gun (you yourself said your proposed card can’t be used that way), and I’m dead.

youdidn’t respond to my pint on ffls. If you make ownership dependent on the presence of licensed sellers (or possession of a card, for that matter), the sort of people who want total bans will eliminate licensing. Bill Clinton caused about a large number of FFLs to cease to exist by raising the license fees, for just that reason.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
I gave it to you.

We must begin by addressing human behavior. It is a process.
When will MV demand background checks for Glass after the attack on the victim at college in NC via Shard of Glass......if people want to attack a gun isn't only weapon used.

Appears MV would have loved Hitler if alive back then.

Dawg

President
Supporting Member
So once again we see some mentally ill individual who should not have been able to buy a gun, but did. There is no requirement in Michigan for Universal Background checks.

They do have a registration requirement, but that appears pretty useless in that a private seller can easily ignore it. It again points to the need for a federal set of laws, not state laws. This gun may have been purchased out of state. No record in the Michigan database. The gun may have been stolen....no record of a theft is required. Even if they do track it back to the last registered owner....the trail will quickly go cold.

This isn't rocket science.
Beware of what you wish for, remember, YOU have a gun out there in circulation YOU sold with your name on it and YOU have no idea where it is!

middleview

President
Supporting Member
Beware of what you wish for, remember, YOU have a gun out there in circulation YOU sold with your name on it and YOU have no idea where it is!
The buyer passed a background check. The gun shop has a record and I have the receipt.

middleview

President
Supporting Member
People used faked licenses frequently. Good is not good enough when you’re talking about my rights and you leave the door open to restricting them in incremental ways.
I already said I didn’t run a a background check on the nephew. There’s no record either of us has the gun (you yourself said your proposed card can’t be used that way), and I’m dead.

youdidn’t respond to my pint on ffls. If you make ownership dependent on the presence of licensed sellers (or possession of a card, for that matter), the sort of people who want total bans will eliminate licensing. Bill Clinton caused about a large number of FFLs to cease to exist by raising the license fees, for just that reason.
Where is the right to sell a gun to anyone you choose in the constitution?

So you have a gun that you stole and you sold it to your nephew without a background check and he sold it to an ex-con....of course, without a background check. How are any of you buying ammo?

There are 133,718 FFL holders in business today. I'd be in favor of allowing police departments do background checks as well. Any ideas to make it more convenient are fine by me.

People used to forge credit cards until chip cards came along.

By the way....when you still had the gun you would have to have gone to a gun shop to get your APL for that gun. How did your nephew get ammo?

trapdoor

Governor
Where is the right to sell a gun to anyone you choose in the constitution?

So you have a gun that you stole and you sold it to your nephew without a background check and he sold it to an ex-con....of course, without a background check. How are any of you buying ammo?

There are 133,718 FFL holders in business today. I'd be in favor of allowing police departments do background checks as well. Any ideas to make it more convenient are fine by me.

People used to forge credit cards until chip cards came along.

By the way....when you still had the gun you would have to have gone to a gun shop to get your APL for that gun. How did your nephew get ammo?
He made the ammo on a reloading press just like I did