• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Black crime rates.

Arkady

President
You spent a lot of bytes there, simply affirming my point. There's no shortage of people on either "side" of this problem, who're capable of making a very compelling case. The problem is, they're too glued to their own "side".
No. I did not simply "affirm your point." Try harder to think before posting, next time. My argument differed fundamentally from such generic "both sides have problems" drivel. My argument was that, in the present situation, those who blame a lack of opportunity have evidence from the real world behind them, whereas those who argue the problem is laziness are making a fantasy-land argument.

I know that there's an appeal to brain-dead "a plague on both their houses" faux-centrist rhetoric. But sometimes one view is right and the other view is wrong, and in such a situation only a great fool will argue that both are too glued to their "side."

What's the relevance here?

Tail-gunner Joe rides again!
You lament lack of opportunities and wage stagnation and then make it incumbent on others to supply that employment and fantastical wage. What is it that you want? Closed borders and no amnesty in order to increase the chances of black citizens for jobs and better wages or do you want to force the rich to hire everybody and pay them mucho dinero.

Your previous post was bizarre.

Drumcollie

* See DC's list of Kook posters*
Wow, that was gibberish even by your standards!
and those standards are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much higher than yours....

I heard that you were on the list of the most smartest in the United States...out of 308 million...your were dead last. Of what relevance is it to point Black crime rates are higher when Democrats run those districts and your a democratic...and you don't even know you are...it just looks like you don't think things through.... not very smart

Arkady

President
You lament lack of opportunities and wage stagnation and then make it incumbent on others to supply that employment and fantastical wage. What is it that you want? Closed borders and no amnesty in order to increase the chances of black citizens for jobs and better wages or do you want to force the rich to hire everybody and pay them mucho dinero.
The question of closing the borders is separate from the question of granting some kind of legal status for those undocumented workers who are here and working anyway. Closing the borders could change the level of competition for jobs, so I see the relevance of that to a discussion about lack of opportunity for low-end workers. But I was asking about the relevance of amnesty to it.

Your previous post was bizarre.
How so?

Arkady

President
and those standards are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much higher than yours....

I heard that you were on the list of the most smartest in the United States...out of 308 million...your were dead last. Of what relevance is it to point Black crime rates are higher when Democrats run those districts and your a democratic...and you don't even know you are...it just looks like you don't think things through.... not very smart
What's a democratic?

Arkady

President
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and you actually think you are smart....way too funny
People like you inflate my ego. If I were hanging out in a forum with Neil de Grasse Tyson, Paul Krugman, and Richard Dawkins, I'd start thinking myself an imbecile. But with people like you around, merely the ability to write a grammatically sound sentence and to use punctuation correctly gives the unearned veneer of genius.

S

segamegadrive

You can accuse me of racism but in my opinion slavery exists. Slavery exists in our minds and our blood. Yes, we try to resist and we have to resist but it's to hard to change mind. And I think that Ferguson riots and generally african american people behavior are the result of slavery which still exists in our minds.

Neil de Grasse Tyson, Paul Krugman, and Richard Dawkins,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Arkady

President
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
Try to control yourself. This hysteria is pathetic.

Arkady

President
You can accuse me of racism but in my opinion slavery exists. Slavery exists in our minds and our blood. Yes, we try to resist and we have to resist but it's to hard to change mind. And I think that Ferguson riots and generally african american people behavior are the result of slavery which still exists in our minds.
Can you elaborate on that? In what sense does slavery exist in our minds? And what should we do about it?

Colorforms

Senator
You must have posted the wrong link. Your claim was "Our lower class lives better than the lower class of virtually every other country." You posted a link that includes not a single shred of evidence to back that claim... in fact, it makes no mention at all of how the lower class lives in other countries. Presumably this was a c&p error on your part, and you meant to post some sort of a relevant link. Please try again.
The link was to the article "9 facts on how the poor live in America". I know you're desperate to be right, but come on.

fairsheet

Senator
No. I did not simply "affirm your point." Try harder to think before posting, next time. My argument differed fundamentally from such generic "both sides have problems" drivel. My argument was that, in the present situation, those who blame a lack of opportunity have evidence from the real world behind them, whereas those who argue the problem is laziness are making a fantasy-land argument.

I know that there's an appeal to brain-dead "a plague on both their houses" faux-centrist rhetoric. But sometimes one view is right and the other view is wrong, and in such a situation only a great fool will argue that both are too glued to their "side."

Yes, I realize you chose to emphasize the supremacy of your "argument", over that of the other. Since my point was that too many of us choose that tack, you absolutely DID affirm my point. As good as your perspective may make you feel, I don't think it helps advance the cause of the class of people we're discussing.

Put as simply as possible*, a young black man shouldn't be arrested for "sagging". On the other hand his parents, mother, or adult influences should be telling him to pull up his pants.

*Try to skip making this about pants and look for the subtext.

Arkady

President
The link was to the article "9 facts on how the poor live in America". I know you're desperate to be right, but come on.
The claim you made was about how the US poor compared to other countries. The link provided no evidence on that subject, and didn't, in fact, mention any other countries in any way. Try to think clearly.

Arkady

President
As good as your perspective may make you feel, I don't think it helps advance the cause of the class of people we're discussing.
It's not about whether my perspective makes me feel good or bad. It's about whether it's consistent with the real-world evidence. It is. The contrary idea, which your rhetoric tried to put on even footing, is inconsistent with the real-world evidence. It may make you feel like a level-headed non-partisan to treat truth and lies as both worthy of the same regard, but it does nothing to advance our understanding of the issues. There's something going on, and our goal should be to figure out what it is, rather than to urge people to treat the competing explanations as equally valid.

On the other hand his parents, mother, or adult influences should be telling him to pull up his pants.
The aesthetics of fashion choices don't interest me terribly much. I'm just not a very shallow person. If a guy wants to wear his trousers up around his nipples, or hang them low at the hips, it's all the same to me. In the present context, it's simply immaterial. What we're suffering from, right now, is a shortage of opportunity, and although a kid who wears his waist wherever tight-ass old white guys think it should be worn may have a competitive edge over some other kid who makes a different fashion choice, that doesn't do a damned thing to create a net increase in opportunities; it just possibly changes which of two individuals will get a job and which will get a rejection letter. If we want a net improvement, we need to focus on expanding opportunities, not self-congratulatory scolding of minorities over superficial crap like the cut of their pants.
*Try to skip making this about pants and look for the subtext.
'
You brought up the pants. If you didn't want to talk about them, you should have made some other argument. But if what you're saying is that the pants are just a broader symbol of a willingness to conform to the cultural standards of those in power, then my point is the same: yes, that may assist an individual in winning one of the very limited number of opportunities away from another individual, but it doesn't create a net increase in opportunities. That's where a serious person's focus should lie.

The aesthetics of fashion choices don't interest me terribly much. I'm just not a very shallow person. If a guy wants to wear his trousers up around his nipples, or hang them low at the hips, it's all the same to me. In the present context, it's simply immaterial.
You can't even recognize that the flat billed baseball hat, baggy tops, and the pants waistline below the underwear is an exercise in infantilizing oneself. These are grown ass men pretending they are wearing an older brother's hand me downs. What do you think by now this subliminal brainwashing is doing to creating opportunities. See exhibit 1 below of the Brown family demanding to 'burn this bitch' down. Note a grown man's ass hanging out like a child's. And in fact acting like one. You're clueless.