• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

Republicans vote for a cover up on all documents and witnesses.

Colorforms

Senator
Trump is invoking executive privilege without invoking it?

That was pretty funny.

Anyway, I rest my case. He has not invoked it.

Either you’re gullible enough to believe the GOP lies to the contrary, or you know they’re lying. Which is it?
*sigh* hard to make someone think when they really don't want to. Oh well. :)

Spamature

President
I just showed you he did. You obviously don't care about facts, so this discussion is going no where.
No the article claims that he has it. He never formally invoked it with the House in the impeachment process.

And as that posted court decision shows. It has already been ruled invalid in unanimous vote by the SCOTUS.

Bugsy McGurk

President
No the article claims that he has it. He never formally invoked it with the House in the impeachment process.

And as that posted court decision shows. It has already been ruled invalid in unanimous vote by the SCOTUS.
Here’s the liar’s link to an opinion piece supposedly proving Trump has claimed executive privilege as to the impeachment inquiry...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-administration-is-exercising-executive-privilege-without-saying-so/2018/09/04/4301954e-b05b-11e8-9a6a-565d92a3585d_story.html

It’s a September 2018 piece, written well over a year before ago, having nothing to do with the impeachment inquiry. It concerned the Kavanaugh nomination, and had nothing to do with executive privilege in any event.

And wingers wonder they are called the deplorables.

;-)

Spamature

President
Here’s the liar’s link to an opinion piece supposedly proving Trump has claimed executive privilege as to the impeachment inquiry...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-administration-is-exercising-executive-privilege-without-saying-so/2018/09/04/4301954e-b05b-11e8-9a6a-565d92a3585d_story.html

It’s a September 2018 piece, written well over a year before ago, having nothing to do with the impeachment inquiry. It concerned the Kavanaugh nomination, and had nothing to do with executive privilege in any event.

And wingers wonder they are called the deplorables.

;-)
What else can I say about them

Colorforms

Senator

In doing what he did, executive privilege has been invoked. I don't think he needs your permission. :)

Spamature

President
In doing what he did, executive privilege has been invoked. I don't think he needs your permission. :)
No, that is just obstruction of congress. He doesn't get anyone's permission to do that.
Well maybe the Republican senate, or it looks like he will get a cover up out for it at least

Colorforms

Senator
No, that is just obstruction of congress. He doesn't get anyone's permission to do that.
Well maybe the Republican senate, or it looks like he will get a cover up out for it at least
So Schiff brainwashed you with his googly eyes as well. It's his super power, getting fascists to say stupid things :)

Spamature

President
So Schiff brainwashed you with his googly eyes as well. It's his super power, getting fascists to say stupid things :)
So now it has come to this ? Once you guys excuses have been dealt with and exhausted you try to blame Trump being a criminal on anyone else except him. How could you not see that a man would a long history of questionable and illegal acts would continue those questionable and illegal acts if you made him the most powerful man in the world.

And now you're set to make him a King who can not be reigned in by the law.

We are all going to regret what you folks did to this nation.

But at least those of us who warned you, and spoke out against it, will have a clean conscience.

You won't.

Colorforms

Senator
So now it has come to this ? Once you guys excuses have been dealt with and exhausted you try to blame Trump being a criminal on anyone else except him. How could you not see that a man would a long history of questionable and illegal acts would continue those questionable and illegal acts if you made him the most powerful man in the world.

And now you're set to make him a King who can not be reigned in by the law.

We are all going to regret what you folks did to this nation.

But at least those of us who warned you, and spoke out against it, will have a clean conscience.

You won't.
LOL The house used partisan parliamentary tricks to push an impeachment that has no crime, and then you claim that if the Senate doesn't rule the way that the house wants, it's a cover up?

Trump could be a drug dealer and still not be nearly as corrupt as the current fascist left.

Spamature

President
LOL The house used partisan parliamentary tricks to push an impeachment that has no crime, and then you claim that if the Senate doesn't rule the way that the house wants, it's a cover up?

Trump could be a drug dealer and still not be nearly as corrupt as the current fascist left.
Let me repeat:

If you obstructed congress it is a crime. In fact it is a federal crime. It is not my opinion it is the law.

18 U.S. Code § 1505. Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1505

Abusing his power would also include the laws he broke in furtherance of his attempt to cheat in the election. Which both the IG for intelligence and the GOA outlined when he violated the Impoundment and Control Act and covering up the whistleblower complaint. Remember his breaking the law by withholding the whistle blower complaint is how the country even found out about any of this in the first place.

Colorforms

Senator
Let me repeat:

If you obstructed congress it is a crime. In fact it is a federal crime. It is not my opinion it is the law.

18 U.S. Code § 1505. Obstruction of proceedings before departments, agencies, and committees
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1505

Abusing his power would also include the laws he broke in furtherance of his attempt to cheat in the election. Which both the IG for intelligence and the GOA outlined when he violated the Impoundment and Control Act and covering up the whistleblower complaint. Remember his breaking the law by withholding the whistle blower complaint is how the country even found out about any of this in the first place.
The court hasn't ruled if the president obstructed or not. The fascist dems didn't wait for a verdict. :)

Colorforms

Senator
The courts ruled on that almost 50 yrs ago in regards to that in impeachment proceedings against Nixon.
There's still a debate as to whether or not this is a legal impeachment hearing, since there was never a vote to proceed with hearings in the house to begin with. That being said, there is no compulsion outside of the courts for the president to turn over anything demanded by the house. It's been that way since Washington.

Spamature

President
There's still a debate as to whether or not this is a legal impeachment hearing, since there was never a vote to proceed with hearings in the house to begin with. That being said, there is no compulsion outside of the courts for the president to turn over anything demanded by the house. It's been that way since Washington.
The House has SOLE POWER in regards to impeachment, not the courts, so says the highest law in the land, the Constitution.

It was a settled matter BEFORE Washington was even POTUS.