• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

SW... about those bots

Of course the topic of a thread will wander all over the place. Threaded view helps us follow the topic drift of our choice. Without it we just go with the flow.

What I was addressing though was purposeful hijacking of a thread making it unpostable or worthy of locking. I may have spoken in hyperbole to get my point across, but that does happen quite a bit.
Of course, threads follow the lines of normal conversation between people. I meant the same as you in your second paragraph - every obstacle is put in the way of an honest discussion -

PhilFish

Administrator
Staff member
Everybody knows how this works, why they're still here ..

Admit to yourself you like it and that's that

Days

Commentator
I think that it is more sinister than mere political parties - there are sinister shadow powers at work - have been for ages.

When we realize that within the war on Syria factions of the mercenary armies ( IS) where hired by single business persons as well as governments - one realises that the war against us will be made by the same sort of parties - those who want us worn out and or stupid.
It is a spirit, alright. And sinister as hell. Kind of like the Sith Lord become emperor in Star Wars; he fashions a war and fights both sides, just so he can be voted dictatoral powers. It is sinister through and through.

It is a spirit, alright. And sinister as hell. Kind of like the Sith Lord become emperor in Star Wars; he fashions a war and fights both sides, just so he can be voted dictatoral powers. It is sinister through and through.
What else does Hollywood do but tell us what they are really doing or going to do to us?

Emily

NSDAP Kanzler
From my point of view it's the Lefties that drown out discussion because every discussion I have tried to have has been ruined by them. EVERY discussion.
Lefty may have had a different experience. I can't speak to that. I can only speak to my own experience.
So for me it ends up being a feed the troll scenario. Sometimes that is fun. But it's not anything that is getting anywhere.
I know I don't post much at the mo but when I did and do I had long ago given up expecting a thread to stay on topic and or even relevant - it is too frustrating to expect it might ;)
For what it's worth, I've had some good discussions recently with a couple of posters who have deep disagreements with my views and who are definitely in the "leftist" camp. So it can be done. Don't know if there's a trick to it. For some reason, few others and gradually no others joined in. Maybe it's just about hitting the right topics. Dunno.

There ought to be more people here; compared to other fora, we really are very free to speak as we wish on PJ. Maybe we should recruit more.

For what it's worth, I've had some good discussions recently with a couple of posters who have deep disagreements with my views and who are definitely in the "leftist" camp. So it can be done. Don't know if there's a trick to it. For some reason, few others and gradually no others joined in. Maybe it's just about hitting the right topics. Dunno.

There ought to be more people here; compared to other fora, we really are very free to speak as we wish on PJ. Maybe we should recruit more.
It happens ;) xxx

More = more restrictions - we are fine.

Jen

Senator

I wouldn't mind decent discussion with anyone here. The last one I had with someone from the opposite side was oddly and suddenly deleted.........do I don't know. Maybe someone doesn't want that to happen.