• Hi there guest! Welcome to PoliticalJack.com. Register for free to join our community?

The worst thing about the GOP....

Lapcat

Governor
I don't have to show you jackshit, gecko. He has said he wouldn't rule out running as a 3rd Party (ie either Independent or Libertarian). In leftie-like kook lingo, that means he no doubt WILL run as a 3rd party candidate when he doesn't get the GOP nod.

Hey...if you don't believe me, that is YOUR problem.

"no doubt Paul will run as an Independent"!?!?!....show me a Ron Paul QUOTE of him saying that, LC?

Sandy, since I was already asked in this thread I'll just give a copy of my answer.

"ARMCX1, to answer your question: "Is your vote for Paul one of principle, protest or do you agree with most or all of Ron Paul's agenda? I admire Paul's political honesty but I think he's unelectable when his policies are scrutinized."
For several years now I have believed that our gov't has become too unwieldy and branched off into too many different directions. I have felt that we really need to scrap a lot of things and go back to the beginning. We need to rebuild it and make changes only through amendments. The last few years the constitution has been pretty much ignored unless someone wants to use it as ammunition for something.

We need a do-over. People have complained that RP is too old fashioned and not up with the times but if you are on the wrong path you won't get where you want to go by staying on it. Sometimes you have to go back to your starting point and take a new path. GWB was quoted as saying the constitution was nothing more than a gd piece of paper.

Ron Paul is rare in that he is not only very intelligent, he's honest. That's pretty rare these days. While I do not agree with everything in RP's agenda, he is making people think and deal with some logic. The press likes to call him unelectable because they don't want him as he would cost a lot of people a lot of money if his policies were accepted and they do that to scare people off. Here's the thing though. He's educating a whole new wave of future politicians and the public as well. The more votes he gets, the better able he is to do that. That's much more important than whether he actually gets elected or not."

As to what seems really radical about his policies isn't as much as you would think. For one thing he advocates transition on things that people have come to depend on so that they are not hurt in any way. As for the other things, he does believe that they would all get addressed closer to a local level where so much money wouldn't be wasted on the bureaucracy that keeps the things from actually working. For instance the dept. of education. We've thrown more and more money at it yet the education in this country is worse than it used to be. It's too unwieldy.

If you follow him a bit you will see that whenever given a chance he will completely explain his positions. They make a lot more sense once he tells it instead of the spin the media puts on them.
Thanks, BL, sorry I missed your response to the other poster. Your thread seems to have gotten overtaken.

I guess the problem with RP is one rarely gets the opportunity to hear him in person. I have visited his website and was not that impressed with what I read but then again I did not personally ask him any questions so that he could explain his stance and how he planned to implement his programs.

Gramps

Mayor
Although I have every intention of voting for Ron Paul it won't be because he is a republican, it will be in spite of it. The very fact that the 'mainstream' doesn't like him is one of the things that makes him so appealing. He is not a lemming the way the rest of them are.

The repugnant thing about the GOP is the 'requirement' that everybody stay in lockstep. If the leader wants to go over that proverbial cliff, like it or not the rest are fully expected to follow or they will feel the wrath of the hierarchy. They all dutifully repeat their talking points without any interjection of their very own ideas. Compromise is only ever used if they are backed completely into a corner.

It's getting bad enough that so few people actually think anything through anymore, but it's as though so many republicans don't have to even bother. They just do as they're told.

Of course you then have the opposite problem with the democrats. They rarely seem to agree with each other on anything. They seem so intent on going off in their respective directions that it's hard for them to actually accomplish anything.

The absolute irony here is that they are simply opposite sides of the same coin. This guarantees that people will become involved with arguing with each other instead of recognizing the downward spiral that they're in. After a number of years in my life of being a democrat I came to see that both are bad news and am now independent.
Alot of what you say is true from my perspective. As for Paul I can't buy into everything he advocates as being "best" for America. Ou biggest problem remains one of so many who subscribe to the old grind regarding "I'm a right or left winger" simply because everything they promote is "right". No thinking person would ever admit that so, perhaps, we need more thinkers and less followers to break the gridlock. Unlike the rut where most people live, a give and take routine, pols have evolved into a TAKE don't give philosophy.

How've you BL? I'm doing okay.

Gramps

Lapcat

Governor
How many times you gonna make me say it, gecko?

I was just FUKIN WITH YA.....

as usual.

Too bad some here aren't bright enough to discern when they're being FUKED WITH....tsk tsk.

And I have ALWAYS said I will vote for ANYBODY but Obama. If you can't figure out what that rather non-complex statement means....

that's your dilemma.

Lapcat, you once said you would never vote again if Romney is the nominee...

now you will dutifully vote for him and will sing his praises.

That's lock-step.

Lapcat

Governor
And your accusation against Jack is, per usual and as is customary re: your comments, sheer BULLSHIT.

Conservatives don't want Paul because he's a f'in LOON that would be even WORSE on national security than Obama and the DemocRats have been and always will be. Hard to imagine anyone being worse, but I DID say Paul's a loon, didn't I?

Lapcat, go back...that wasn't my question or even point to Jack. I was asking why he HATES Paul and calls him "crazy"....and Jack proved my point. It's because Paul is not a neo-con warmonger who wants an endless war America (straight out of "1984").

As for Clinton....YOU prove him right. PUMAism was threatened by Hillary supporters who didn't want see Obama as the Nominee......YOUR side will fall in lock-step behind Romney due to party loyalty above all else and ODS. From your "I'll never vote again if it's Romney"....to today......you "fell in line".

Lapcat

Governor
I know she's a Paul-bot, SG. My point on her HYPOCRISY was re: accusing the GOP of being in "lock-step"....when it's the DemocRats that always circle the wagons and defend their 'DemocRat crooks in office' rather than forcing them to resign.

If YOU were 1/10th as intelligent as YOU seem to think YOU are, you would have gleened that from what I posted to Boldlady. Alas, such is not (and never has been) the case.

And btw, if Boldlady is a Ron Paul supporter...that makes HER a GOPig (f'in duh)...and as such, you just insulted HER intelligence...LOL! Ooops!

If you were half as intelligent and observant as you think [cough] you are you'd know from years of posting on KFS that BL has ALWAYS been a Ron Paul supporter...so take your lies and insults to a BB post more to your liking.

No one will ever accuse the GOPigs of being able to think...thanks for proving that for us.

GordonGecko

President
I don't have to show you jackshit, gecko. He has said he wouldn't rule out running as a 3rd Party (ie either Independent or Libertarian). In leftie-like kook lingo, that means he no doubt WILL run as a 3rd party candidate when he doesn't get the GOP nod.

Hey...if you don't believe me, that is YOUR problem.
YOU said he "WILL run as an Independent"....not "might", but "will".

Prove it.

GordonGecko

President
And again, Lapcat...you proved my point, as Jack did.

The ONLY reason you think Paul is a "loon" is because he's not a warmonger.

Or do you think he's crazy for wanting to elimiante 5 Government agencies/departments and cut spending a trillion dollars his first year in office????

fairsheet

Senator
Ron Paul is a godamned crackpot. His idea-set STARTS at silly and then works its way towards politically ridiculous, moronic, and dangerous. It ends with nasty and despicable beyond the sensibilities of most any of we lefters to righters.

Personally, I don't find it quite so charming as a lot of people seem to, that some folks would "choose" Ron Paul.

Jen

Senator
Really? You notice that lockstep thing in the GOP with its candidates that range from the very moderate - almost Obamalike (Romney) to the Libertarian Ron Paul who can still run as GOP?

But you don't notice that the epitome of lockstep is right within the Democratic Party?

Now that is high humor at its best.

GordonGecko

President
Jen, nobody said there weren't choices....theyre pointing out that Republicans will quickly fall in line behind ONE candidate...

and you are.

Lapcat

Governor
You seem to be laboring under the massively false impression that I need to cowtow to your every command and/or whim. Two (or three) little words....

Fat F'in Chance! ROFLMAO!

And it's really sad that your intellect, such as it is, is incapable of discerning the difference between what someone speculates about....

and what is written in stone.

Bottom line...if Paul has said he isn't ruling out running as a 3rd party candidate IF he doesn't get the GOP nod....

WHEN he doesn't get the GOP nod....he WILL run as a 3rd party candidate. That is MY prediction....

and yes, you can quote me.

Have a wonderfully scaly day. Oh wait....

I'm not leaving.

Nevermind.

YOU said he "WILL run as an Independent"....not "might", but "will".

Prove it.

Lapcat

Governor
It's not that he's not a warmonger. I don't think America can even afford to be in another war at this point in time, thanks to the damned DemocRats led by Obama....so if we get hit, we're doubly screwed (Obama's intent all along, of course).

Paul is basically an isolationist who would weaken US defense and national security capabilities...which is, of course, what lefties/DemocRats ALWAYS do. He is by no means a Republican OR a conservative...and as such, I, as a conservative, consider him a f'ing LOON and am 100% against him. That said, even Paul would be better (at this point in US history) for America than Obama. That is just how bad Obama HAS BEEN and IS for our nation.

And again, Lapcat...you proved my point, as Jack did.

The ONLY reason you think Paul is a "loon" is because he's not a warmonger.

Or do you think he's crazy for wanting to elimiante 5 Government agencies/departments and cut spending a trillion dollars his first year in office????

bdtex

Administrator
Staff member
There's way worse things about the GOP than that.

GWB's 2nd term and Pres. Obama's first term are illustrative of one thing,when there is disagreement within the ranks,GOPs can't get it done but Dems find a way. SS reform didn't pass,John Bolton's nomination as UN Ambassador and Marriet Miers SCOTUS nomination didn't happen because GWB couldn't get enough GOP Senate votes. Immigration Reform didn't happen because of disagreement between GOP Reps and Senators. There was disagreement among Congressional Dems in all the major stuff that has passed in Pres. Obama's first term but they found a way to get it done.

"I have no problem with Pre Bush tax rates. As long as you are honest enough to admit that is not the root cause of a 16 + trillion dollar National debt which is over 100% of GDP"

More straw? Somewhere I suggested that the Bush cuts caused all of the debt? I'll contend that they caused all of the deficit. He was handed a surplus, so that's rather self evident.

Are you confused about the origins of out-of-control debt? Here ya' go. Blame it on Obama.

http://jimcgreevy.com/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html
So it looks like we have gone full circle Like I said originally

No no the worst thing about the gop is

They are the same thing as Democrats
BUSH
increased entilements
runaway spending
military (chicken)hawk
growing and ignoring a huge national debt

Obama
increased entitlements
ruanawy spending
military (chicken)hawk
growing and ignoring a huge national debt

There's way worse things about the GOP than that.

GWB's 2nd term and Pres. Obama's first term are illustrative of one thing,when there is disagreement within the ranks,GOPs can't get it done but Dems find a way. SS reform didn't pass,John Bolton's nomination as UN Ambassador and Marriet Miers SCOTUS nomination didn't happen because GWB couldn't get enough GOP Senate votes. Immigration Reform didn't happen because of disagreement between GOP Reps and Senators. There was disagreement among Congressional Dems in all the major stuff that has passed in Pres. Obama's first term but they found a way to get it done.

LOL Ha Ha Ha
GitRDone where's the Budget???